UniTek Global Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rocky Romanella

1. "project administrator"

I have been working at UniTek Global Services full-time

Pros

Much room for growth and laid back atmosphere that allows for open work environment.

Cons

Too much expected from you with not enough time to complete the task requested. No formal training, kind of thrown into the position and left to figure things out yourself.

Advice to Management

Need better organization.

2. "Hectic"

Pros

4 Day steady work schedule, Bonuses and benfits

Cons

No room for growth , Everyone always passes the buck. expected to work a 2-3 person job for less then minimal pay. very unorganized and constantly changing to fit the needs of higher management with no consideration to the ones who have to make it happen.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your good workers the turn over rate is high because the management is awful.

3. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at UniTek Global Services full-time

Pros

Great people, good benefits, high expectations, and good leadership.

Cons

They were going through chapter 11 bankruptcy, money was tight, they had to lay off people.

Advice to Management

Keep employees happy. Focus on sales to keep the company healthy.

5. "It was great working for the company"

Former Employee - Former Employee
    Former Employee - Former Employee

Pros

Was basically stable, with highly competent PMs and leaders taking on high-profile/high-value projects. Proud origins with impressive performance: company was bought and acquired a number of times over because of its financial and operational soundness. Tower hands were well paid above average. One newcomer/competing company set up shop and of course had to to fill up their ranks quickly, and could only offer a dollar more or so of hourly pay to entice our guys.

Cons

By 2014 the company had to scale down some of its western regional operations, possibly due to other/more important factors (this is based entirely on own observation/opinion). One effect was reduced hours, with some hands complaining for not getting OT pay (that they were so used to having during prolonged better times). Sure there were also bad eggs in the ranks fomenting unrest... and with THE new competitor siphoning up bodies, the timing finally became perfect: out the door they went, mostly without notice. Can't totally blame them, besides this is a free market.

Advice to Management

I imagine that what's left of the company has plans of resurrecting business. When you do, be careful to choose good guys or be discriminating of their attitude & performance. Otherwise in this kind of industry your ranks can get easily filled with misfits and undesirables. Also need to be strong and active in promoting loyalty and retaining employees.

6. "Don't Waste Your Time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norristown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norristown, PA

I worked at UniTek Global Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool manager and a few colleagues. Stress-free.

Cons

Company is filed Ch. 11. Need I say more?

Advice to Management

HR management is poor, rude, catty, and overall not inclusive to new comers. I have a huge problem management doesn't acknowledge your existence unless spoken to them first. I don't play that game.

"Sinking ship"

Current Employee - Construction Manager in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Construction Manager in Newark, NJ

I have been working at UniTek Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there are no Pros. Leadership is weak and most of the managers prefer to "pass the buck" instead of taking ownership of their projects.

Cons

The company is going through bankruptcy and has been forced to restructure. Many have been laid off due to this and it has affected their ongoing projects. They now lack the workforce to complete the contracts that they have and are in jeopardy of losing them.

UniTek Global Services Response

Dec 10, 2014 – HR Business Partner

We value your opinion and feedback. Please reach out to the UniTek Employee Hotline (information available on our employee portal) to share your thoughts, concerns and opinions so that we can better ... More

8. "I truly enjoy working for Unitek. There is an open door policy where anything of importance can be brought to the appropriate people without hesitation."

Pros

Great people. Work like balance. Fair. Time off. Benefits.

Cons

Communication is lacking across the Pinnacle and FTS side of the business.

Advice to Management

Roll out of new policies and procedures needs to be better communicated.

UniTek Global Services Response

Dec 10, 2014 – HR Business Partner

As an employer of choice we strive to maintain a culture of the best, brightest and most-informed and value your feedback. Thank you for being a part of UniTek

"people are great, organization structure is slacking"

I have been working at UniTek Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people in the office are great to work with. Very understanding of work-life balance.

Cons

Salary and paid time off are below industry standards. Turnover has risen significantly with few adequate hiring of replacements if at all.

Advice to Management

Be straight foreward in conveying messages to public and employees.

"Promises are made, but a brighter future doesn't seem to be coming."

I have been working at UniTek Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The office culture is pretty laid back. Company offers medical, dental, and vision benefits.

Cons

PTO and pay are below industry standards. There are policies in place which are never followed, leading to disorganization. Things fall through the cracks pretty often with management. There is no attention paid to current employees - there is almost no potential for advancement, minimal pay increases, and when employees leave, often they aren't replaced, leaving that burden on other department members to pick up.

Advice to Management

To be the best in the industry, show some appreciation to your employees. Most importantly, follow up on your promises. Company picnic? June bonus plan? Advancement opportunities? Things are promised here often to appease employees which never come to fruition.

11. "Growth pains, but overall good and opportunities for advancement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

I have been working at UniTek Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There’s a lot of opportunity because the company is going through change – its hard work don’t get me wrong, but the new management is looking for leaders at every level that can come in and contribute – some people might not see this as a plus, but for me it means more chances for promotions & raises.

Cons

If you've been at a company that’s gone through change (let’s face it, every company does this) you know that there will always be that hangover from the change - people that don’t want change, change that is not good, etc. Have to take the good with the bad I suppose.

Advice to Management

I see the communication from the management now, and they’re trying. I would just suggest that in addition to pushing information down that they listen to the people doing the work too. I've seen some of the guys & gals that know what’s up getting promotions – I think that is helping because they’re speaking up and the work is improving. Also give more time off.