Unibind Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Brigette Peleman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No one is happy and everyone is afraid to speak up (in 5 reviews)

• The owner will have current employees write a good review to make the company look good (in 3 reviews)

1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Unibind full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is really doing a fantastic job in making a good environment to make employees happy. The office is really looking outstanding!Total package is also very good. Keep up the good job you are all doing!

Cons

Training the managers on keeping up with the growth.

Advice to Management

Make sure your hire more trainers. Keep growing and adding more incentives.

2. "Dynamic and Expanding"

I have been working at Unibind full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Unibind for over 4 years. Currently, the company is expanding, in local manufacturing and a growing sales team. I see opportunities in these areas and others to contribute to this trajectory. There is comradery among employees and the company is investing in new technologies, systems and employees. It is a good time to be at Unibind!

Cons

Introducing new products and managing growth presents challenges and opportunities.

3. "A great place to grow and have good work life balance"

Former Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Unibind full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like most online forums it seems most people have come to post negative degrading comments about something. I can only give you my experience and what I've seen. If you can handle a standard 8:30-5:30 schedule and put in at least SOME effort then this place can be great to you. The harder you work the more you will see in return. I worked here for just over two years in two different sales departments. The management are great caring people. After one year there I found myself promoted and put under two great mentors that helped me grow professionally (one of which has since unfortunately moved on). However Unibind will take great care of you as long as you care about your job and your not a basket case. (Like every company there are some crazy characters that have come through that place). However the majority of people there are wonderful and there are still many great people there I consider friends.

Cons

They could definitely work on the training program. It can be sink or swim in some departments. (However you are selling a vey simple product and if your somewhat intelligent you'll figure it out). Also they pay full individual health insurance but the cost of family coverage is pretty bad. (Maybe something for them to look into improving)

(All things considered the pros are much than the cons)

Advice to Management

Keep giving back to your employees like you have! (Seriously the time off, amazing company outings, and all the little perks are greatly appreciated by all). Although you should perhaps look at family benefit coverage (This cost among some other small things makes it difficult for some to turn this into a long term career). Also training, training, training! (There were some good programs started to help develop employees that suddenly died off). Overall just keep growing and trying to give back and I'm sure you will find great success as a company.

4. "Small, Growing, Alpharetta Company with Unique Product"

I have been working at Unibind full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Clear company mission
    - Outstanding quality employees from a wide range of experience, diversity, and age - all focused on team success
    - Excellent benefits, liberal leave/vacation policy
    - Unique and exceptional products for the market - we are proud of what we represent

Cons

- Firm office hours might not be the optimum solution for one or more business development members

Advice to Management

Thank you for the recent office upgrades! Keep hiring quality talent.

5. "hopeless"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Unibind full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is market level

Cons

unprofessional at best. hire help

Advice to Management

move to a decent office

6. "None as we are all afraid to speak out-this is a trainwreck"

Current Employee - Anonymous Role
    Current Employee - Anonymous Role

Pros

Good benefits package. That's it.

Cons

Zero leadership; zero strategy; unqualified people in management roles. No one is happy and everyone is afraid to speak up. We are all job hunting.

Advice to Management

None- they don't want to hear it.

"X-Files"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Unibind full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There Were None, As In N-O-N-E

Cons

That's a good word to describe them...

Advice to Management

They Have Nothing That Remotely Resembles A Management Staff

"Growing workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Unibind (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for the company for many years. I've enjoy the teamwork atmosphere. They offer free medical benefits, free gym memberships and several company events throughout the year.
    They continue to be innovative by creating new products which results in new positions. And the vacation package is also great.

Cons

The company can improve on communicating better between departments.

Advice to Management

Take advise and listen to the feedback you are receiving from your employees.

"Marketing manager."

Pros

The interview process was very professional. A lot of testing. The Belgian interviewer really took his time and was very knowledgable about all software. Retail packaging is experience is welcome. Salary and benefits are really really good.

Cons

The growth is rapid and not everybody is trained. Take your time otherwise to many mistakes will happen.

Advice to Management

Again take your time and train. People will really appreciate it.

"Incompetent leadership"

Former Employee - Inside Sales
    Former Employee - Inside Sales

I worked at Unibind full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are decent. You also get your name on notebooks.

Cons

I read the previous reviews and still decided to give Unibind a shot. Very bad idea. The moment you step into the building, you're greeted with soiled ripped carpet through out the entire building. The cubicles are even coffee stained.It's very disgusting. That aside, there is little to no training. The "managers" basically put you off to other salespeople to train you. Be prepared to just winging it and hope for some decent sales. Don't expect "management" to communicate sales goals or even if they're your manager as they don't really know themselves. "Leadership" talks a very big game. They will tell you this company has huge opportunity for career growth which it does not. Oh and if you're a good looking guy, you're hired. You don't have to be a good salesperson, just as long as you look good, you're in.
    Gossip and politics rule Unibind. Throwing fellow employees under the bus to "advance" is normal business practice. All in all, consider Unibind a stepping stone to your next career move.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for them.