Unicircuit Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Maintenance Technician"

Former Employee - Multitrade Second Shift Maintenance Technician in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Unicircuit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, important production, good benefits

Cons

Exposure to chemicals would be the biggest concern

2. "Technician"

I worked at Unicircuit (More than a year)

Pros

Tons of hours and good benefits

Cons

Horrible management staff with no clue

Advice to Management

Listen to your employee's

3. "Wet Process is Toxic"

Current Employee - CO - Colorado in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - CO - Colorado in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Unicircuit full-time

Pros

It's a steady job with decent benefits and you can get a good amount of overtime in most positions. They seem ro like to promote from within so if you can take the bad and stay positive it's a great place to build a resume.

Cons

Pay is lower than it should be.
    You will constantly inhale vapors from many toxic chemicals .
    Management tends to have knee-jerk reactions to problems and institute "solutions" that don't address the actual issue. In fact in most cases they just make things worse.

Advice to Management

Think before you act and give some well deserved hazard pay to the employees who carry you through the minefield of your mistakes.

4. "Process Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Lead Process Engineer in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Lead Process Engineer in Littleton, CO

I worked at Unicircuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Different things to do every day. Never got bored as something was always happening. Small difficult jobs is what this company specialized in so you were always having to think about how to process the next thing coming through.

Cons

Run like a dictatorship. Upper management thinks they know how to do everything and you have to listen to their way of doing something. They rarely let you do your our thing.

Advice to Management

Let your people have their own ideas and listen to them. I always felt like I could voice my opinion, but never felt like it was heard.

5. "Respiratory Risk"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Pros

It's steady work, and easy enough once you get in to the swing of things.

They don't seem to be too picky on whom they hire, so it's a good place to build up experience for your resume.

The people are nice enough, it's a friendly environment.

Cons

The air quality is lousy. My noes runs and my eyes burn almost every time I walk into the manufacturing department.

It is difficult to get anything done about the safety of the working conditions. It seems one has to be injured and file a report for the problem to even be noticed by the administrators.

They lure you in with perks and promises, almost all of which are hollow, or do not apply until the start of the next year. They'll promise a reward, and then give you the equivalent of a smiley-face sticker and the words "Good job, keep working!"

Overtime has to be specifically approved beforehand, and there's a cap to how much you can get just by showing up a few minutes early. Raises are small and scarce.

Advice to Management

There are more important things than profit. Use your updating-machinery money for safety once and a while. Your safety practices are appalling. Get on your own hands and knees and join us workers in the dirt for a month, then tell us you're compliant with OSHA's MINIMAL requirements.

6. "Time for new management."

Former Employee - Plating in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Plating in Denver, CO

I worked at Unicircuit (More than a year)

Pros

Working for a industry thats constantly updating technology which in turn gives job security. The only company I have never worked for that wants you to work overtime frequently.

Cons

Process managers and shift leads have had there positions to long and it shows. Many of the process managers and engineers have no idea what goes on in their areas. When you speak with upper management it goes in one ear and out of other.
    Trying to get issues solved is like pulling teeth. We average a VP of Operations every year and each one has a new way of running the shop making it difficult when they way we do things as a company is always changing. There has never been an consistency in this company.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees more often and become more hands on. Managers on the floor with employees is better than managing from a desk. Managing with a open mind would also help.

7. "maintenance Technician"

Former Employee - Facility Maintenance Technician in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Facility Maintenance Technician in Littleton, CO

I worked at Unicircuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits good retirement good job security rondo the clock 24 hr open all year around

Cons

I found no cons to working for this company wished I still was employed by them

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

8. "Not good"

Current Employee - Plating Operator in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Plating Operator in Littleton, CO

Pros

The benefits are very good.
    Monthly meetings are useful in a way that let the employees know how the company is doing.

Cons

Poor management specially the Wet process department.
    Stay away from the wet process department (promised a position and trained for it till found out the position was given away to somebody from outside).
    There isn't much hope to advance in this company.

Advice to Management

How do you want to build quality products and cut down on the scraps, if you have to keep hiring new staff?
    Stop being so selfish and let your employees have a chance to advance.

9. "Great place to work. Excellent benefits."

Pros

In my department, we work as a team. We are goal oriented.

Cons

Engineers are struggling with some manufacturing issues. On time delivery and yields need to be improved.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on manufacturing issues.

10. "Room for improvement"

Former Employee - Engineering Intern
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern

I worked at Unicircuit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Engineering team was friendly and worked fairly well with each other.

Cons

The management did not seem to respect the engineering team--indeed little management had engineering background. This resulted in failed product after the engineering team said they should be running DOE's to figure out root causes.

Advice to Management

Listen to those below you. If you foster a culture of humility, those under you will start to respect you more and as a result the results you want (good quality without defects) will occur.