Unidine Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Unidine President & CEO Richard Schenkel
Richard Schenkel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Working for a company with a fresh food approach, room for growth, great staff morale (in 13 reviews)

• This is a great company if you are a person who shows value, slackers don't last (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely high turnover in upper management (in 7 reviews)

• long hours 70 to 80 hours a week, paid for 40 (in 5 reviews)

1. "Unidine"

Current Employee - District Manager in Flowery Branch, GA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Flowery Branch, GA

I have been working at Unidine full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Corporate culture is the roadmap for Unidine's success. It sets common goals for everyone in the organization and is foundational at every level of the organization. Solutions are solicited at every level, bringing great ideas to the forefront with the mantra none of us are as smart as all of us. Unidine is a true entrepreneurial organization the draws the top talent in the industry. It's great to work everyday with such solid talented people who love to improve everyday.

Cons

Health insurance is at market rates.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work focusing on our employees. What we do isn't for everyone.

2. "Horrible"

Current Employee - Lead Diet Aide/Cook in Bangor, ME
    Current Employee - Lead Diet Aide/Cook in Bangor, ME

I have been working at Unidine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money, almost as good as being unemployed, not too many pros of working here except it will stop you from being homeless.

Cons

Incompetent management, no help from corporate, underpaid, overworked, few benefits, health hazards in kitchen, no real training, high turn over, understaffed

Advice to Management

Unidine in Bangor, Maine needs new management.

"Horrible company, positive reviews are clearly fake"

I worked at Unidine full-time

Pros

Absolutely none. I guess the product itself is ok.

Cons

Bad benefits, very expensive healthcare options
    CEO is insane, fires people without even giving them a chance. Very short sighted. Backwards priorities.

It's clear that the fake positive reviews became rampant around 7 months ago after significant employee turnover and dramatic exits.

Advice to Management

The problem is at the top, so doubt management would take any advice from me.

4. "Dietary Aide"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Unidine part-time

Pros

One reason that I continue to work at Unidine is because my coworkers as well as the residents are so amazing.

Cons

Two down sides that I have with Unidine is the low pay and not enough working hours.

5. "Unidine..."

Current Employee - Cook in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Cook in Boston, MA

I have been working at Unidine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The schedule is good. ( M-F)

Cons

The management doesn't monitor how employees interact with the customers. Maybe the grill worker has a good enough relationship with the customers to use profanity with them, but I don't see it as appropriate. When brought to a managers' attention that a set of keys has been found, and asked if there was a lost and found, the manager replied "Maybe, but I don't care".

"Is management forcing employees to post fake positive reviews? SO Sad."

Former Employee - Corporate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Corporate in Boston, MA

I worked at Unidine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of job opportunities open up on a regular basis because the smart employees who do not want to live under a vail of threats leave.

Cons

Sr. Management has created a very threatening environment that respects no one.

The employees that stay, survive by back stabbing others to secure their position.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your associates and customers.

"The Abundance of Fake (Positive) Reviews On This Site Is Laughable!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Unidine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are very few if any positive things about working for this company. Sub Stabdard / below market pay, extremely long hours for salaried staff, miserable and paranoid culture. I've been gone 1 year and wouldn't recognize 90% of the home office staff if I returned. Most have quit and left for better jobs - multiple Directors of Benefits, Recruiting, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Payroll, Supply Chain - and of course the army of administrative people that leave in droves.

Cons

Some of the highest turnover in the industry - regardless of what the comments on this site read! HR "Strong arming" people and current employees to write positive reviews to better position the company. Bonuses are never paid as the company manages to miss revenue targets every year, even as it rapidly expands. The fear of being fired / terminated permeates the place. Little or no training and investment in employees - facilities are horrible places to work for the most part.

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO WORK AT UNIDINE - GO ON LINKEDIN AND ASK A FORMER EMPLOYEE. WHAT YOU ARE READING HERE (NEARLY ALL OF THE POSITIVE COMMENTS) ARE ALL LIES.

Advice to Management

You will never truly succeed until you treat your employees better than trash!

8. "GREAT company"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Unidine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, fun workplace, lot's of talent and a fast moving environment. Things actually get done here and everyone is eager to try out new ideas. My manager is awesome and cares about Work/Life balance. I have worked for the big 3 and Unidine is the best. This is a great company if you are a person who shows value, slackers don't last.

Cons

Benefits could be better but they aren't a huge company yet, the pay is generous so it makes up for the added cost.

9. "Great Company, Great People and More"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Unidine full-time

Pros

- Strong emphasis on values & culture.
    - Amazing and Talented people/teams.
    - Passionate & very involved CEO.
    - Fast paced and rapidly growing company, with lots of opportunity for professional development. (Granted, this isn’t for everyone).
    - Fun place to work! Seriously.
    - Flexible schedules are available for those who need them - great work life balance.
    - Driven, Approachable and Friendly senior management team.
    - Conscious emphasis on equal pay.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

10. "Professional culture, supportive infrastructure"

I have been working at Unidine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I found the interview process to be very honest. I was given an accurate description of what my role would be and that has held true. The people in the office are pretty inclusive and welcoming. I have found it an easier transition into this company than others working in a similar role. The culture is very positive with a focus on supporting the field.

Cons

The company is growing so there are the normal demands in helping that effort to move into new markets. It's a good problem to have. The corporate office is in the city, and convenient to the T but that may be a challenge to some.

Advice to Management

Nothing specific. I have met most of the upper management by virtue of being in the same office and found them approachable and talking with staff pretty routinely.