Uniguest Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeff Hiscox

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "seebelow"

I have been working at Uniguest full-time

Pros

great and clean environment to work.

Cons

tasks keep coming as non sense and they want you to jump on a staff that pop up right away and ask you why your job is not done?

Advice to Management

Help your team to reach daily goal. change the way to manage.stop doing many meetings that are not valuable. do meeting when necessary.
    etc...

"Trash Company Owned by Garbage Investors"

Former Employee - Tech Support Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Tech Support Analyst in Nashville, TN

I worked at Uniguest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck. Some of the coworkers were bearable. Company doesn't appreciate its employees--unless you are sales, then you have 0 responsibilities or accountability.

Cons

They work you to death on the backs of empty promises. They hang the prize in front of you like a dog and the jerk it away at the last second. Then they tell it's your fault. Meanwhile, the ones they do reward do not show any of the traits they claim you lack. Then they hire in people to fill in positions after promising they only promote from within. Then they wonder why everyone is leaving.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. No. I don't mean have a pointless meeting with them and shoot down their idea and complaints. I mean actually listen. Stop being robots and treat your employees like the humans that they are.

"Supervisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Uniguest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company has potential if proper management team was to be assembled.

Cons

Turnover is abundant. C-level turnover has been continous leaving initiatives to be gutted and restarted. Mid level management is much the same leaving no working relationship and constant second guessing, endless non productive meetings, and repeated mistakes.

Advice to Management

Hire trustworthy HR representatives who don't promise rewards only to then no follow through. Listen to those who have been employed at the company who likely have knowledge of past mistakes, inadequate systems, and reward good work.

Department heads often can't agree because they are only concerned that their option of action is decided upon looking for favor. This provides no foundation, lack of trust, constant change of direction, and staffing desertion.

Uniguest Response

Aug 4, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to create a collaborative and enjoyable work environment at Uniguest so we are disappointed when any former employee has concerns about his or her experiences... More

"Manager"

I worked at Uniguest full-time

Pros

Nice new office in Nashville

Cons

Terrible company owned by a private equity firm that is completely lost in the technology space. One of the least responsive HR departments of any company I have ever worked with. Not sure how any of them keep there jobs. Stay away from this company.

Advice to Management

Replace sales leadership and entire HR team.

5. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Uniguest full-time

Pros

New leadership has this company heading in the right direction!

Cons

Maybe look into adjusting the vacation packages.

"Beware: Look Elsewhere."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Uniguest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Long-Term Coworkers: Throughout all the drastic changes Uniguest has gone through and still experiencing, they were always there to make it a little less miserable. However, it was a job that provided a steady income. That's all I can honestly say for pros.

Cons

Please note that this is my personal experience, and it is not meant to be seen as "whiny". New hires deserve to know what this company is really like on the inside, and it can be expressed in a personal yet professional way.

1. Unless you are determined to pursue a full sales position here, you will be undervalued and seen as "easily replaceable" despite having many years of valuable knowledge or the ability to always go above and beyond. To upper management, you are only a number.

2. There is no freedom even in the sub-sales position of CSR. You will be required to work your M-F 8-5 shift with unapproved OT and a nonexistent chance for a raise while being overworked and underappreciated.

3. The sales team was given obvious favoritism, and it was apparent since day one. I can say this now because I have seen what a structured and appreciative company does for ALL of their employees.

4. Lastly, there is no room for growth unless, again, you want to move into sales. But even now, I'm not sure there will be any openings for a while at the rate they are going. So many empty promises given over the years only led to disappointment and lack of motivation to keep going the extra mile for a company that wouldn't even give an inch in return.

Advice to Management

At the current state this company is in, they are not in a place to be seeing key employees as a number or easily replaceable. As they "should" have seen over the years when a long-term employee resigns, 2-3 people are lumped together to do that one person's job. It continues to be this way - learn from past mistakes, or they will be repeated.

I was and always will be a hard-worker, but Uniguest did not allow me to thrive in a way that benefited the company and also myself.

To also clarify, the main problems I see that are coming from Management are within Atlantic Street Company (ASC) who bought out Uniguest. The new CEO and COO appear to be sincere and knowledgeable, but they will be overruled by ACS, and this may be where a lot of problems lie, but that is 100% speculation.

Take a step back. Evaluate where you really are as a company. Learn from your mistakes. Move forward, or I very much believe you will fall further and further behind your competition.

7. "Moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Uniguest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New leadership team is in place. They are committed to building a great culture and are putting processes and initiatives in place that will help Uniguest remain the industry leader. Good work-life balance and great people.

Cons

A few processes still need to be streamlined, but we are making the right decisions.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction we are going.

"Finance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, TN

I worked at Uniguest (More than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of learning opportunity if you are willing to work through the chaos

Cons

Chaotic, constant change, no work life balance

Advice to Management

Best of luck!

9. "Nope, nope, whole bunch of nope"

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst

I worked at Uniguest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So the guy training me told me everything that was wrong with this company and he was right.

Look, if you have NO OTHER IT experience, go for it. If you've been around awhile, there are way better companies in Nashville. What a joke. These people have zero idea what they are doing.

Cons

Literally everything about this job is a "con." Just don't do it unless you have no practical IT experience.

Advice to Management

Uhhhh... get a clue

"Good first step for your career"

I have been working at Uniguest full-time

Pros

Nice and clean working environment.

Small well stocked convenience store in the breakroom.

Work laptop given and allowed to be used at home for personal uses. (this will also be a con)

Higher Pay for evening/overnight shifts.

Very friendly coworkers that make most all new hires feel very welcome (if you make an effort to meet them).

Two weeks paid time off a year (this will also be a con)

Cons

The company does not allow unpaid time off, so if you are sick, have car troubles, have personal issues at home, or cant get in to the office due to inclement weather you will be expected to work from home or use your paid time off. if you use more PTO than you have accumulated you will be fired.

Very little room for promotions, the corporate ladder is very short and one should not expect to have more than a 25% raise in compensation from the bottom to the higher technical positions.

The work laptops given have less than optimal processing power and often move along at a crawl when attempting to work on more than one project at a time (which is practically a requirement of daily duties).

Most of the senior technicians have very little technical background and rarely have classical I.T. education, due to this misinformation spreads rapidly disguised as fact.

Most company technical documentation is difficult to find, and often incorrect (and known as incorrect by some seniors but not corrected due to lack of time).

Lately there has been a big management shift causing them to constantly remind us that we are behind in closing cases, the lower tiered managers seem to understand the goals are unrealistic, and seem to be going through the motions anyways at the requests of upper management.

#BIGGEST CON#
    There have consistantly been a lack of knowledgable/productive techs which causes a large amount of cases that are created daily, often these cases are left unsolved for days to weeks, and with a very slow escalation path causing very angry customer callbacks you constantly feel that if you want to provide good service and avoid being yelled at you must have a vast knowledge of many products as well as having good social skills (often you will need to work with and guide customers through physical troubleshooting), work quickly while managing many interruptions (other customer calls) and keep track of cases from previous days. all of this can feel very overwhelming if you are new to the help desk atmosphere and if you care about your performance you will constantly feel stressed and pressured from both management and customers coming to you with unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

To see improvement in both productivity and morale provide your techs with the following: uninterrupted time to work on cases, quality workstations capable of multitasking (this doesn't mean adding more ram to a laptop with a slow processor), have the most knowledgeable techs update documentation and continue to insure that all resources are correct, easily accessible and updated over time.