Found 167 of over 16K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people you work with are great and are the only thing keeping this place together." (in 624 reviews)
- "great culture and most of the colleagues are very knowledgable" (in 554 reviews)
- "benefits are good and high nice" (in 500 reviews)
- "Good work life balance if you reach a certain level" (in 478 reviews)
- "Most of the time the work was not exceptionally hard and the pay is good for the area." (in 238 reviews)
- "Low salaries compared to market i.e external NAM paid more than Unilever account controller." (in 385 reviews)
- "Poor management they only hire their friends and family" (in 160 reviews)
- "late working hours even on weekdays" (in 134 reviews)
- "Slow career progression in particular divisio" (in 131 reviews)
- "bad managers can ruin the job for you" (in 115 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Unilever and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "flexible working hours"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Oct 18, 2013Current Employee
Huge brand, respected among masses Great people both in terms of knowledge and humbleness Good pay master in terms of industry norms Amazing flexibility both in terms of responsibility and flexi hour working
Minimize distinguishing between executives & managers Huge company so might feel lost for beginners but good part it will give you ample opportunities to prove yourself
- 5.0May 7, 2015Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsIstanbul
Agile working and flexible hours are the best. Also having the chance to work with best educated people drives you forward.
You have to work more than you work in other companies. Sometimes the overtime may be frustrating, and they don't even pay when you work overtime.
- 3.0Mar 24, 2016Global Innopvation PlannerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLeeds, England
Flexible working hour and people are always ready to provide help if needed
There is nothing I can complaint about Unilever. I would say that if any I believe to be a career development which I believe is very slowUnilever Response8y
Hi. Thank you very much for your feedback – we appreciate both positive and constructive comments. It’s great to see that you mention our flexible working and collaborative team as positives of your time here. We’ll ensure the respective team picks up on your comment around career progression. We wish you continued success in your role and all the best throughout 2016.
- 4.0Nov 29, 2016QualityCurrent Contractor, more than 1 yearKuala Lumpur
Many opportunities to attain knowledge and widen our mindset on working life. Couched by experiences people in the same field on handling issues regarding quality.
Non-flexible working hours and unable to revert from contract employee to a permanent team player
- 5.0Dec 22, 2021Finance TraineeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearGrandpass
Warm and friendly culture Teaching and mentoring everyone Lots of learning opportunities Very dynamic and not monotonous at all Flexible working hours and leaves (depends on the Manager) An experience that would grow you Accept diversity Helps to identify purpose
Do not retain young talent Vigorous recruitment process
- 5.0Jul 5, 2021Finance DirectorCurrent EmployeeLondon, England
Flexibility in working hours and nice people to work with
Matrix organization makes it difficult to feel fully accountable and empowered
- 4.0Jan 18, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Flexible working hours are great allowing employees to be more productive Sustainability focus is a real advantage for growth and employee purpose
It's a large organization in which processes and politics come into play when things need to get done - luckily, this is something senior management recognizes and is working on changing