Unique Creations Reviews | Glassdoor

Unique Creations Reviews

Updated Oct 25, 2017

3.6
Unique Creations President Jinu Park  (no image)
Jinu Park
  1. "artist"

Current Employee - Artist in Plano, TX

I have been working at Unique Creations part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

always a variety of work

Cons

Not a solid routine of work coming in, hard to schedule work/life.

Advice to Management

always be learning new techniques

Unique Creations2017-10-26

"New Client, New Business"

Current Employee - Lead Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Unique Creations full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was here during the transition from our old to our new client. It provided a way better opportunity with higher pay structure. I keep learning and growing and have also taken advantage of all the challenges so that I could be a top player and have travel opportunities.

Cons

To some, competition would be a con, so for me I can't think of any

Advice to Management

Thank you for fighting for a new client

Unique Creations2016-09-23

"Don't let anything fool you, it's door to door sales."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Unique Creations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Jinu is great! Real cool guy if you love washed up boy band singers (now it wont let me leave a link but google search "Jinu Park The Launch" for a good understanding) but if you're a high school kid or college kid looking to make some extra cash go for it! However, this is no where to begin building a career.

Cons

After being treated like I was super special and going to change his company I got a second interview. I did the research on this site and the reviews are correct, it's just door to door sales. Don't let them fool you and say it's business to business because I don't think residential homes are true businesses. Also looking into the website Jinu says he doesn't want you to think of it as sales but that's exactly what it is. I'm sure he will respond to this review as he as others but I ask you Jinu to not waste your time.

Advice to Management

Change the name of your company, there is nothing about spitting out a script that is unique or creative.

Unique Creations2016-07-26

"An opportunity that opened doors for me"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Unique Creations full-time for less than a year

Pros

open and friendly environment friendly employees very cooperative, yet competitive team atmosphere always opportunities for personal and professional growth and development pet friendly office, business professional yet friendly, open door, advancement opportunities

Cons

performance based. you can't be lazy or slack off. you won't get paid, because your numbers and pay determine solely on how much work you're willing to put in business to business, so you have to get comfortable dealing with people and coming into businesses with a positive mindset and attitude

Advice to Management

working here as an account executive showed me the importance of hard work and a smile! definitely a great opportunity i am thankful for. :)

Unique Creations2016-04-07

"Great Opportunity."

I worked at Unique Creations full-time

Pros

Great Upper Mobility Hands on experience and great opportunity dealing with businesses directly. Develop/strengthen fundamental hard and soft skills

Cons

Performance based job, so your drive determines your paycheck. For those who are interested in a easy job with little effort, it is not the job for them. Longer hours but enables time for increased opportunity.

Unique Creations2016-04-05

"Thumbs Down"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Unique Creations full-time for less than a year

Pros

you get great experience working on full commission

Cons

The owner has bad integrity & bad character.

Advice to Management

Change industries to manual labor.

Unique Creations2016-05-06

"Account Executive"

I worked at Unique Creations full-time

Pros

Laid back and fun work environment, fun events outside of work, learned valuable skills that apply to future positions, determined personal strengths and weaknesses, experienced many forms of business in the field, nice coworkers, business trips provide great sales and learning opportunities.

Cons

Cold calling (which is illegal when representatives are required by UCC to enter businesses that have "no soliciting" signs displayed), purely commission-based compensation totaling 28% of sales (which is harder to earn large amounts by selling office supplies) plus bonuses (based on meeting quotas), very long hours, must use personal vehicle (very difficult for people who commute via bus), must work outside in business attire regardless of weather, expected to attend events outside of work to remain in management's "good graces," business trips often don't come with much notice ahead of time.

Advice to Management

Listen to advice from former employees. The amount of voluntary turnover should indicate more than just, "Well, we do the things that other people aren't willing to do." Voluntary turnover can indicate more serious and preventable issues like poor communication, neglect, absence of care from management, poor work/life balance, or poor compensation and benefits. Also, keep in mind that entering businesses with "no soliciting" signs with a solicitation pitch (regardless of the title the representative gives the business owner) IS illegal. This has been fact checked by multiple lawyers, since I often heard this concern voiced by employees when I worked for UCC. It would be sad for a company with as much potential as UCC to have a blemish on its record like the arrest of an employee. Ignorance of the law does not excuse breaking the law, and this means employees have little to no defense if arrested.

Unique Creations2016-03-21

"Pyramid Scheme"

Former Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Unique Creations full-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff was friendly and inviting and often did things outside of work together. Made me feel very welcome and made me want to work there. Seemed like a fun place to work. Bonuses offered regularly depending on your sales. Definitely room for advancement

Cons

Where do I begin I'm pretty sure everyone is offered a position in sales with this company, high employee turnover. The interview made it seem as if this is an office job- it is NOT. A typical day starts at 8am in the office, you have an hour or two of staff meetings, sales and training activities, and day planning. By 11am you are out of the office in your assigned zip code walking business to business in your "business professional" clothing and shoes. You pitch a sale to every business in your zip code. By 5pm you are back in the office doing paperwork and wrap up meetings sometimes until 7pm. You work every day M-F (no exceptions) Lots of walking in the rain/sun/cold/snow/heat Commission only, you're selling office supplies to businesses that usually have an Office Depot down the street.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible with hours Maybe offer a base or hourly pay Inform each interviewee what a typical day will look like

Unique Creations2016-02-03

"Please stop lying"

I worked at Unique Creations full-time

Pros

None. Except maybe that the employees are pretty nice for the most part.

Cons

You say that the job interview is a chance to shadow... I nor anyone that I have talked to were actually given this opportunity. The hiring and recruiting tactics were extremely misleading. I was told I could get all kinds of benefits when I interviewed, and I asked tons of questions, and when I asked about them once I was hired I was laughed at and told they didn't exist.

Advice to Management

Offer base salary and benefits if you want people to stick around for more than two weeks

Unique Creations2016-02-22

"Awesome place to work with awesome people!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Unique Creations full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently moved to St. Louis and UCC was the career path that I chose to take after interviewing with many sales firms. The environment here is very friendly and the team is very helpful. Considering I had past sales experience I did pick up on the sales concept rather quickly. For a person with very little sales experience it may take a few weeks to completely master the business to business sales portion. I love the client and the ability to gain residual pay on our sales. Building strong customer relationships really helps us in the long run and I have enjoyed building my personal book of business.

Cons

You do have to work hard for your earnings. I love this! If you are looking for an easy position with little pay, I would look past this position. If you are looking to get compensated for your hard work, this is the place to be! I have really enjoyed seeing my hard work pay off in my earnings each week! I love that we get paid on a weekly basis and I have the ability to track all of my own sales and residuals.

Advice to Management

The management team has a very open door policy and I feel comfortable asking them anything.

Unique Creations2015-09-01