KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Unison Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2022

Found 69 of over 76 reviews

4.4
Unison CEO Thomas Sponholtz (no image)
Thomas Sponholtz

What people are saying about Unison

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The culture is great.(in 5 reviews)
  • "People are focused on getting work done and reaching milestones.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Great management.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Great ceo with a super cool vision(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Good Place

May 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They listen and work with you. Work is challenging but manageable.

Cons

401k lacking at the moment.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

A "Once-in-a-lifetime" Experience

May 4, 2022 - Data Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly People, Great Work Culture, and Excellent Technology. I felt inspired from day 1. It's a startup with a vital purpose and growing exponentially. Unison is a fantastic FinTech Organization.

Cons

This company is a startup with a purpose. Get organized and structured with time. You take care of Unison, and Unison will take care of you!

3. 5.0

Valued and Supported!

Apr 14, 2022 - Content Writer in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is an entry level position for me, and although I came from an untraditional background everyone has been so excited to welcome me, to answer my questions, to give me an opportunity to shine! And they really seem to believe that I will!

Cons

I'm fairly new, so thinking of a "con" is hard right now.

4. 5.0

Welcomed with open arms!

Mar 9, 2022 - Post Closing Administrator in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people and the support you receive from everyone. Working remotely, and the push to have everyone succeed. Great team atmosphere! Goal oriented, and the compensation and benefits are great. Coming from work environments that did not allow flexibility I am blessed to have been given the opportunity to work with Unison where work life balance is at an all time high!

Cons

Not a con in my eyes...I know some might say that the interview process was a bit much however, I found it fun and interesting and to be expected of any company who is not holding in person interviews. Recruiting was very communicative and very friendly throughout the entire process.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Senior Investment Analyst

Mar 20, 2022 - Senior Investment Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Creating a new financial product.

Cons

Company has a lot of headwinds

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Mixed Bag.

Mar 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great insurance WFH throughout the pandemic Decent Pay Super cool office Some really cool people at the company Potential for some really cool exit opportunities due to working with a variety of companies.

Cons

Return to office to eventually Company can be slow to adapt to change in the product Company isn’t super diverse Company isn’t always transparent when it comes with making decisions Product can feel predatory at time.

2 people found this review helpful

Unison Response

VP of People

Thank you for your candid feedback and we’re happy to hear that you’re enjoying the team and our culture. We appreciate hearing your thoughts on diversity and return to office as well. We understand that the transition back to an office isn’t ideal for everyone, but we feel it’s an important part of our collaborative and high-growth culture. We also feel flexibility is important, which is why we are only asking the team to return one day per week. We also continue to work on improving diversity and as reported to the company, we finished 2021 with 52% underrepresented talent. Please feel free to submit additional suggestions in our employee suggestion box, as we value your thoughts and feedback.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to work/ good culture

Feb 3, 2022 - Transaction Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and collaborative environment. Great company mission and purpose

Cons

Growing pains like many start -ups. Some managers tend to mirco manage a lot

8. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good company

Feb 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great ceo with a super cool vision

Cons

Need to concentrate more on the engineering

9. 5.0

So far so great

Jan 10, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, paints big picture of the company's values, I truly feel cared for as an employee, and motivated to work hard. I'm very impressed.

Cons

There could be a bit more structure to the actual training, but it's been really great overall.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fabulous Opportunity To Help Homeowners!

Dec 28, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people! Wonderful programs that are truly revolutionary! Awesome Compensation! A brilliant CEO!

Cons

The only con is that we’re not originating all 50 states which limits our ability to help all American homeowners. I’m sure that will change in the future!

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 69 Reviews

Unison Reviews FAQs

Unison has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 76 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Unison to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Unison employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Unison. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.

86% of Unison employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Unison 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Unison to be career development, benefits, senior leadership and the cons to be compensation, workplace.

Popular Careers with Unison Job Seekers