United AMG Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great Opprotunities"

I have been working at United AMG Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- no compensation caps... you can earn as much money as you want... just have to put in the time and effort.
    - control your own work hours, work flow, and management.
    - excellent mentoring program. The Firm will teach the everything you need to know to excel in the business.
    - support if offered throughout every step of the process from sales to management.
    - daily training in sales, personal and business development. not mandatory, but highly recommended.
    - great atmosphere. everyone in the office is friendly and approachable. We have developed a culture that lifts people up, not bring them down.
    - High energy, music and laughter rings through the halls everyday.
    - work hard, play hard.
    - the senior partners are invested in the growth of everyone personal and business goals and work to improve the business everyday.

Cons

- we are independent contractors (1099) employees, so with that being said there are no employee benefits.
    - It is tough to get started in the business since you have to build up a book of business, but if you can see the bigger picture and persevere it completely worth it.

Advice to Management

- more company events would be nice!

2. "An Opportunity You Have To Work For You"

Current Employee - Benefits Consultant in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Benefits Consultant in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at United AMG Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a huge opportunity for development, both on a professional and personal level. Everyone here has that same intention, which makes it a very strong culture to grow in.

Also, it's a very flexible/comfortable environment... and I like the furniture :^)

Cons

It's never easy to start something new, especially starting from the ground up... the process can take longer than one might hope, so this definitely isn't for everybody.

Sometimes, you need a push and it can be hard when everyone is so chill (good problems??)

3. "Love it!"

I have been working at United AMG Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. No income ceiling! One of the things I enjoy most about working with United AMG is that there is no limit to how much you can make. I personally have increased my annual income every year I have been with AMG.

2. Flexibility. Time is very valuable to me and I enjoy that I have control over the amount of time I put into my business here at United AMG.

3. People. AMG has a very friendly atmosphere. Management and fellow consultants take the time to help each other to make sure everyone is successful.

Cons

1. Most consultants are on residual commission. It can take a few months to learn the business and acquire new clients to ramp up your income.

4. "Marketing Consultant"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at United AMG Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work your own hours (but should work full time if you want to make money)
    Become your own boss
    Personal Development meetings weekly to better ourselves
    Coworkers are all nice people who want to help you better your business
    Great mentorship

Cons

100% commission based so it may be difficult in the beginning due to having to work another job to pay bills

5. "Be your own boss"

Current Employee - Employee Benefits Consultant in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Employee Benefits Consultant in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at United AMG Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- no income caps
    - you control your income by the amount of time/effort you put into it
    - no boss breathing down your neck
    - no office politics, no need to position yourself for promotions
    - team atmosphere, everyone helps each other out to help build and grow your business
    - mentorship program: no prerequisite knowledge required, you get trained from the ground up not only in business but growth in other areas of life as well
    - create your own hours: stay longer w/ more activity = earn more $$$ don't want to come in one day, that's fine no one bats an eye, you just won't make as much money
    - extra incentives like custom tailored suits and cash for top producers
    - training program to sharpen sales skills, increase product knowledge, and motivational techniques

Cons

- tough building a book of business from scratch, so starting off is tough
    - you are 1099 independent contractor so no medical benefits
    - learning some of the material can be overwhelming at first, as there's a lot of information to digest

Advice to Management

- possibly more company events for team building
    - add desks where you have the option to stand rather than sitting throughout the day

6. "Improving!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at United AMG Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Started with the company at 2015. I've had prior experience in the industry, but only began about 3 years ago. When I first started, the culture was lacking and everyone tended to fend for themselves.

It's been much better since then, as we've implemented daily trainings to better support new hires, as well as include group meetings so everyone is involved. People are coming in early and consistently, and there's plenty of business to go around. The culture has definitely improved quite a bit, and things are looking bright as we expand to different markets.

Cons

Residual commission starts off slow (including learning curve), but once you start closing deals, the pay comes in quickly.

No health insurance benefits since we're all independent contractors. Maybe something to address in the future.

Advice to Management

Keep a growth mindset, and train more leaders to handle the growth!

7. "Marketing Consultant"

I have been working at United AMG Partners full-time

Pros

I really enjoy working here. I get to be coached one-on-one by really intelligent colleagues who know the insurance industry inside and out. Work is commission-based, so I’m in charge of my own time, and therefore, have control over building my business. There’s no ceiling on income, so the harder I work the more I get paid. Plus, since health insurance is mandatory now, the industry is one of the most stable. There’s always an opportunity to grow regardless of what happens with the economy.

Cons

I can’t think of any major cons, but it does take time to learn the ropes and build up residual income. And of course if you don’t work you don’t get paid because of the commission structure.

Advice to Management

I think options for improvement could be offering early bonuses so new people are encouraged to put the effort in. I’d also enjoy more team-building events and company outings.

"Current Benefits Consultant - Review 2016"

I have been working at United AMG Partners full-time

Pros

You learn how to sell and market effectively, and how to close high-end deals with business owners... one of the most important life skills that you should learn, and they do it quickly and effectively here.

1) Residual Commission - once you close a client, it pays out on a monthly basis, as long as they stay with the firm. This is passive income- the real way to gain a true work/life balance, and the main reason you would agree to solely commission instead of the typical salary

2) Are not required to clock in. Definitely a plus, as they want you to enjoy your life instead of working 80 hours a week. Better mental health = better productivity

3) Healthy personal growth. You learn how to manage yourself wisely during green time

4) Good vibe and cool people - there's music playing all the time. Pretty picky about who gets hired, so the culture is protected as much as possible.

Cons

1) 100% commission - which means there is no starting salary, so it's tough in the beginning. Some people get part-time jobs at night or over the weekend until their commission catches up.

2) Cold call until you have meetings lined up. Less calling once you do.

Advice to Management

More company events!

9. "Great Opportunity if your are willing to learn and do the work"

I have been working at United AMG Partners full-time

Pros

Management is very creative and cutting edge. I really enjoy the weekly trainings ....with no experience in this business I am being taught everything I need to be successful by my mentor who has already done this. All of the people I work with are young but hard working and even though they have only been here a while longer than me they are achieving success.

Cons

This is 100% COMISSION so be prepared to work hard to build your client base. If you are looking for the 9-5 type of job this is not the place for you. Employees work very hard in the first year of the business to build up their residual income so this is not easy but if you work hard it pays off

Advice to Management

Make sure that the employese have clarity from day one so thay they are very aware of what the future looks like for them

10. "Great opportunity for development and growth for those who want it"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at United AMG Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A boutique firm with values that are reinforced at all levels of leadership. Career opportunities are ongoing and the vast majority of people at the firm will help you progress if you're willing to do the work. While pay and bonus structures are sometimes criticized, being patient will pay off for those who are willing to wait.

Cons

You have to get insurance license to get started. The exam is not too hard, but you have to study a little bit for it.

Advice to Management

Keep rising the standards of the insurance and financial industry.