What people are saying about United Airlines
Got a burning question about United Airlines? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with United Airlines employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and change to meet a lot of people from all over the place." (in 768 reviews)
- "Flight benefits are great when it’s not the busy season and you can actually get a seat." (in 532 reviews)
- "people are great and fun to be around." (in 287 reviews)
- "The travel benefits are great Ability to transfer across departments can enhance skill set Very dedicated to DEI" (in 280 reviews)
- "culture is great and the people are the best" (in 102 reviews)
- "Poor management and mucho confusing" (in 257 reviews)
- "Low pay and you get hired for one job but don't get to do it for over three months" (in 210 reviews)
- "Long hours and the Union didn't give good support when you really needed it." (in 86 reviews)
- "Upper management is also unwilling to appropriately compensate the engineering structure as a whole." (in 70 reviews)
- "The beginning salary for flight attendants is low (but better than at UK airlines) it increases to a good salary after 5 years of work." (in 66 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of United Airlines and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 5,722 of over 6K reviews
Updated Sep 26, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.0Aug 30, 2023Pilot Training SchedulerCurrent EmployeeDenver, CO
You get to be a part of United, flight benefits, and the location of the training center is great!
The training scheduling department is not where you want to start. For a company that is advancing in so many ways and truly starting to understand that work culture is not what it used to be this department specifically is not that. It doesn’t feel like other departments I’ve worked in throughout United and really doesn’t feel like it’s part of United at all. The employees here are not happy and are not listened to. Middle management does their best with what they have but are continually shut down by our upper management. It’s a general consensus that you come here to move to different departments. You can have tenure with United and still be placed at the bottom of the barrel in this department. The management team suspiciously lacks diversity.
United Airlines Reviews FAQs
United Airlines has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 6,295 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at United Airlines to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
75% of United Airlines employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated United Airlines 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.