United Allergy Services Reviews | Glassdoor

United Allergy Services Reviews

Updated November 30, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great entry level job and they train you even if you lack medical experience (in 35 reviews)

• Great experience with patient care and administrative duties of running your own clinic (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • No job security, and training is horrible (in 15 reviews)

• At times, feels more like a sales job versus a healthcare job (in 25 reviews)

1. "Great people to work with"

I have been working at United Allergy Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lot of fun projects. Relaxed atmosphere. I have learned so much since I joined.

Cons

I don't have many cons to report. At times the field and the home office need to improve communication but that seems to be getting better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the regular communication, it is really important.

2. "Unethical sales job"

Former Employee - Clinical Allergy Specialist in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Clinical Allergy Specialist in Columbus, OH

I worked at United Allergy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entry level position with limited supervision. Pay isn’t terrible for an entry level job and you can gain experience in the medical field.

Cons

This is a sales position and all the company cares about is the number of tests and injections you’re performing which are often out of your control. If you actually care about the well being of patients and helping them and you don’t want to sell them something they don’t need, look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Management was rarely seen. Only daily conferences calls were held about what we were going to do to meet our numbers.

3. "Clinical Allergy Specialist"

I worked at United Allergy Services full-time

Pros

Monday - Friday set hours, PTO, Holiday Pay, Benefits

Cons

boring, the micro managers are a pain, all they care about is meeting goals not about whats best for the patient

Advice to Management

care more for the patients

4. "No job security"

Former Employee - CAS in San Antonio, TX

I worked at United Allergy Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to run your own clinic and great for entry level to gain sales experience and add to your resume when you find a more stable job or go to grad school, nursing school etc.

Cons

No job security, they don't even tell you that you are being closed. You find out you won't have a job Monday depending if you received your severance package in the mail. No principles, no care for employee except meeting quota and your numbers. You are not told you're basically a sales person and have to hustle to beg drs, pa, nurses or anyone to send you referrals and that doesn't guarantee if the patient wants to commit to injecting themselves for a year. They don't care as long as you get them to sign and make their medication. Managers are nothing but lazy overbearing, micromanaging keyboard warriors shooting out pointless emails and pep talks on conference calls because they have to report to their district managers that they are doing something in their area. Managers are at home, rarely visit clinics, probably at gym, happy hour or the spa. The CAS is the real worker that Bri gs in the money and yet you are paid 16/hr dependi g on your location. If you were a pharmaceutical rep you'd be making at least 65k a year depending on your profits. They let you go and you're just a number. It's a shame to invest so much time and stress to get your weekly numbers up to not even get a call from your area manager to say goodbye. This company doesn't care about patient care and the Drs if they make some profits then they should be more proactive in sending you patients versus you looking like a beggar going into a patient room and they telling you they didn't ask to be allergy screened like some carpet salesman. Use this information and if you're seperate take the job until you find something better.

Advice to Management

We know you're lazy and the reason you're stressed to have your area bring in numbers is because you have no innovative ideas or sales experience to be able to coach and be proactive in your field. Stop micromanaging, having pointless conference calls like a cheerleader and give us actual information we can use. Get out of the spa and do your jobs. Don't have favoritism a clinic success depends on location and census, how many patients does a Dr see a day? If only 30 patients and most come for chronic illness like diabetes, heart etc you can't expect to find a needle in a haystack. You favor those that test 40 a day, but yet they are at a huge clinic that sees 90 or more. Corporate treat your CAS better and watch your managers. Pay sjould start at 20/hr with all the bull we deal with.

"Clinical Allergy Specialist"

Current Employee - Clinical Allergy Specialist in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Clinical Allergy Specialist in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at United Allergy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work-Life Balance is good, Good entry level job into health care, Patient care

Cons

Can be boring, Pressure to meet quota's that you cant control

"Work experience"

Former Employee - CAS in San Antonio, TX

I worked at United Allergy Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, experience, pay, training.

Cons

Pressure to meet a quota, micro managed from a distance.

Advice to Management

I can't really say anything to bad, the training was great, alot of nice people. However I do agree with another review about the success of your clinic is totally based on the doctors and staff. I got tired of feeling the pressure of getting people in for allergy tests and on immunotherapy. But I can't be to hard, it's no different than any other company who needs people to "buy" their product to stay in buisness! Overall it was okay.

7. "Decent Entry Level Job"

I have been working at United Allergy Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment
    Work experience gained
    Getting to help improve patient's quality of life

Cons

Job is not as autonomous as it once was
    Pay is lower than it should be considering the level of responsibility
    Usually not much growth unless willing to relocate

"CAS"

Current Employee - CAS
    Current Employee - CAS

I have been working at United Allergy Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to get experience.

Cons

I have no cons this far.

9. "overall good experience"

I worked at United Allergy Services full-time

Pros

good work environment. would recommend.

Cons

can't really think of any

"Clinical Allergy Specialist"

Former Employee - Clinical Allergy Specialist in Prestonsburg, KY
    Former Employee - Clinical Allergy Specialist in Prestonsburg, KY

I worked at United Allergy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great place to work, good working environment, great co-workers and supervisors

Cons

Your clinic can close