United Brands Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Michael Michail

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Company"

Pros

Good company. This company is perfect for those who possess an entrepreneurial spirit. The company supports fully its people and products and gives everyone an opportunity to be successful. The opportunity for advancement is almost unlimited and with its growth offers everyone a chance to grow personally and professionally with the company. The company in very generous in terms of salary, bonus and benefits. In addition to the compensation, the company is always willing to invest in those people who are willing to contribute to its long term success. This is a great place to start a career and grow with the company.

Cons

There are lots of growth opportunities, you get what you invest into your position.

"The positive reviews are bogus"

Pros

Zero.... honestly. You will review this post employment here and wish you wouldn't have been suckered into the worst job opportunity in your career.

Cons

Where to even start??? Here's what I will tell you... the CEO has most likely requested of the few longstanding employees he has left to write the positive reviews on here. Stay as far away from this place as possible... I'm warning you. You will be glad you did ... CEO thinks he's god on earth ... stay away

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage

3. "Amazing Workplace and Growing Company"

I have been working at United Brands full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am proud to say that I have been with United Brands for over 6 years; this is a great company to work for. The Company’s culture, direction and continued growth not only makes it an amazing place to work, but a place where I have been able to grow professionally as a team player and individual.

The CEO is approachable; understanding to challenges faced with day to day activities, and proactively works to better the life of all employees, professionally and personally. He has a true passion for his work, and provides individuals with direct one on one time access, to reach and exceed their overall goals, and assist in any way that he can. His knowledge of our industry and customers as a whole is second to none.

One aspect I truly appreciate with this company is the ability to bring previous influences, creativity, and your own “style” to your work, to allow you to excel with your responsibilities. Outside of the box thinking is encouraged, and I appreciate that everyone’s ideas and thoughts are heard and discussed, for the betterment of the company.

I consider myself extremely lucky to be here, and look forward to our continued success.

Cons

As with any career, there are hurdles and challenges to overcome to be successful and strive, you have to be willing to put in your all, to received desired results.

"Why do I work here"

I have been working at United Brands full-time

Pros

Close to where I live. That's it.

Cons

Not an ethical company.

Advice to Management

Retire.

5. "Great Company and opportunity"

Current Employee - Regional Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Manager

I have been working at United Brands full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at this company now for 5 years and I have to say that there is a great opportunity for growth, both in job position as well as income potential. United Brands has the very best tasting products on the market which makes our job easier, especially being a smaller brewer compared to many other of the larger brewers. If you are self motivated and accept nothing less than winning, then this company offers great opportunities. The challenge for many is that they do not have this attitude and therefore are unsuccessful not only with this company, but any company where they may land. This is a great company to work for and I a proud to be here.

Cons

As with any organizations, there are ups and downs. I can assure you that if you are a hard worker and self motivated, then you will be successful at United Brands. I can also assure you that the negative comments are from the previous employees that would expect a large paycheck but not put forth the effort to grow the business, therefore they no longer work here and feel they must blame the CEO to feel better about themselves. Any CEO from any company has to be tough at times and when an employee is not performing, must make a decision to eliminate the bad apples in the barrel. This company is no different in that aspect. I can also say that the CEO has given many employees the benefit of the doubt and allowed them more chances and opportunities than I would have at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and producing the best products on the market.

"Amazing company to work for"

Current Employee - Accountant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at United Brands full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have never been associated with a company that has allowed so much room for growth at all levels and positions. The company has a fast paced, high energy environment, that presents new challenges daily, which allows a person to utilize their full capabilities. I have been with the company for over 5 years, and I am proud to be a part of United Brands.

Cons

I am writing this post, not only to affirm my feelings and connection with the company, but to make sure the company is not viewed in a bad light. I have recently been introduced to glassdoor.com from a friend, and after reviewing, I noticed some of the negative complaints that have been left. I would like it to be known that a majority, if not all, have been placed by a disgruntled ex-employee, and I would hate to see it scare off any potential candidates from pursuing a career here.

If I did have to say a con, it is that you will have to be motivated, resilient, and be a leader, if that is not your style, and you do not come ready to work hard, this would not be the best fit.

"Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Administrative/Marketing in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative/Marketing in San Diego, CA

I have been working at United Brands full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with this company part time for several years. I enjoy working here and like the people I work with, including the CEO. There are good relationships between employees and room to progress in the company as long as you have motivation and drive. The CEO treata employees like family, and it is very much a family oriented company, not a nig impersonal corporation where the CEO doesn't know your name. I am confused by the negative reviews, because that has never been my experience.

Cons

I haven't experienced negatives. I do know that the CEO values loyalty and hard work, and if you aren't up for that, you won't experience the rewards of working here.

"Don't buy into the Snake Oil!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at United Brands full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely NONE! I would say the travel points but with the B.S. you have to put up with to get travel approved and the scrutiny, I'll pay full price for a hotel every now and then...

Cons

Where do I start... I could just say "everything" but that really wouldn't do the hell you endure while you're employed at "United" Brands any justice. Starts with a bipolar-schizophrenic-paranoid speech about how Joose and the ownership revolutionized the beer industry. If this "lecture" had any credibility then the same could be said for the "Spork" and how the kitchen wouldn't exist without it. Believe it or not, it only gets worse from there. Absolutely no support, misguided and unrealistic objectives (if any before they fire you), grandiose ideas that if you have a week and a half in the industry you know are ridiculous, no planning, no market strategy for existing or new items, a complete "yes team" around ownership, a gossip driven/back stabbing company culture than is lead from the VERY top, and last but not least.... No one (at least the ones I've spoken to from coast to coast) has ever received the compensation package that was promised to them prior to signing the deal with the devil! If that's not enough for you, the segment that these guys say they "dominate" is evaporating like armadillo p#ss in the Texas sun.

Advice to Management

Top Management - The people you are so willing dis-guard because of misguided information, a complete lack of understanding about the industry, a complete lack of respect for partnerships that are so vital, and generally if the wind blows in a certain direction have families, lives, careers, aspirations, loyalty, ethics, integrity, and really just would like a good job at a fair pay that they can appreciate like the company should appreciate them. Quit collecting a pay check and screwing up peoples livelihoods and lives for something that you had a multi-million budget to create a long time ago.

CEO - just get out of the business and count your money. You give hard working, honest, humble "beer guys" a bad name!

"Do work here"

I worked at United Brands (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is not one single pro.

Cons

I can not stress enough.....do not work here. No respect. Reimbursements not honored. Bonuses never given. You are expected to be available 24/7. If you requested Christmas Eve off and you get a call to fly across the country that night for a meeting the next morning, you are expected to comply. If you mother is sick and has been in the hospital for 3 days, expect your boss to call to chew you out, asking why you are not on the road working.

"Is it possible to give negative stars? This place is a joke!"

I worked at United Brands full-time

Pros

There are absolutely ZERO good things about working at this place. A clown college would be more organized and rewarding.

Cons

The CEO is possibly the poorest excuse for a decent human being I've ever met. He lies, stabs people in the back and would probably screw over ANYONE for a dollar. He makes the final call on every decision yet will blame all others for his mistakes and throw anyone under the bus to make himself look better. Benefits, bonuses and commissions get cut but he flaunts his lavish lifestyle in front of employees. Everything is last minute and disorganized from meetings to new products. No concern or respect for employees personal time. Nothing but constant stress and aggravation that will take years off your life.

Advice to Management

Only advice is to current employees. Get out as quick as you can.