United Consumer Financial Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Joe Francesconi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Account Service Representative"

Current Employee - Account Service Representative in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Account Service Representative in Westlake, OH

I have been working at United Consumer Financial Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New management is taking the company to new levels. Many positive changes in bonus and hourly rate. Flexible schedule and fun environment to work. Daily , weekly and monthly contest. Room for advancement.

Cons

None I can think of at this time

Advice to Management

Promote more from within the company

2. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Manager/Director in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Manager/Director in Westlake, OH

I have been working at United Consumer Financial Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the people and the energy the new president and leadership team has brought to the organization. Things are continuously changing for the better.

Cons

None at this time; things continue to get better each day.

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing and caring for employees - it is going a long way!

3. "Really great experience at UCFS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Pros

I've been working at UCFS for almost three months and so far everything is great! The people are very nice, the work is truly interesting, and customers need our services. Everyone here is very open to my questions and makes me feel comfortable as I learn. Management is very generous with frequent all-employee lunches, sweaters as holiday gifts, jeans-day once a week or more. And our charity donations are amazing - there is no way you can’t participate in the charitable events! Employees seem to want to change processes for the better to make the company the best it can be, for both customers and employees.

Cons

The building is older – not contemporary – but the environment is very solid.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

4. "Customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at United Consumer Financial Services (More than a year)

Pros

The hours were reasonable and the soem of the people you spoke with were pleasant.job was easy and fun if you made it be that

Cons

Good hours but not enough money you receive to what you have to deal with with accounts that are way paased due

Advice to Management

To try to gice some type of advancement and also sick days to those employees that deserve it

5. "customer relations manager"

Current Employee - Chief Investment Officer in Deltona, FL
    Current Employee - Chief Investment Officer in Deltona, FL

I have been working at United Consumer Financial Services (Less than a year)

Pros

great place to do bussiness

Cons

none i can think of

Advice to Management

just try to close deals more quickly

"Would not recommend this place to anyone!"

Current Employee - Account Services in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Account Services in Westlake, OH

Pros

The job duties itself are easy, not complicated at all.

Cons

Low rate of pay for the area. Lower management/supervisors are not professional or should be in leadership positions. There is no consequences for their behavior. There is alot of nit picking and some people are targeted. Employees are disrespected and treated like children. The equipment is out dated. The entire company need to be brought into the year 2015. Its stuck in 1980.

Advice to Management

treat your employees better and there wouldn't be a high turnover rate.

7. "My experience at UCFS was a good one. I had many good opportunities for growth."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Westlake, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Westlake, OH

I worked at United Consumer Financial Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working for UCFS is like working with a group of friends or family. They offer good training with a decent pay and benefits while working in a clean environment. The hours are decent for those seeking full time and they offer overtime when available to trained employees.

Cons

The hours are great for those seeking full time or over time but there is little flexibility for those seeking part time or flex time. The attendance policy is rigid which is necessary for them to keep their office staffed but it makes it difficult for someone who has family obligations or wants to pursue higher education.

Advice to Management

Do away with the old school thinking and stay current with business trends. Consider revising the culture of the office and do away with the "this is how we always have done it" mentality. People from all backgrounds should be treated with respect and made to feel part of the company not treated as if they were just lucky to have a job there.

"It was bittersweet. My coworkers kept me motivated, management discouraged me and was not helpful. Work an entire year"

Former Employee - Instant Credit in Westlake, OH
    Former Employee - Instant Credit in Westlake, OH

I worked at United Consumer Financial Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very easy job. Days go by fast. Some coworkers are very helpful. The actual calls are fast pace.

Cons

Working in fear of being terminated due to infractions.
    There's an "in crowd", during night shift in the instant credit department . if you're not in it, be cautious of what u do.
    Poor management.
    They nitpick at certain people.
    Terrible Pay rate if u aren't bilingual

Advice to Management

Be mindful of who you hire as a team lead.

"Fearful backstabbing children"

Former Employee - Contract Buyer in Westlake, OH
    Former Employee - Contract Buyer in Westlake, OH

I worked at United Consumer Financial Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're in the in crowd it's a cake walk. Small company so it is easy to get to know everyone. Just be sure to get with the right people.

Cons

Politics, favoritism, no one is looking to improve themselves or each other. They are very much for the status quo. No family benefits

Advice to Management

Listen to the agents on the floor. Be more personable. Just because you get the leave at 5, doesn't mean you should ignore the people that work until midnight.

"This place is run by morons."

Former Employee - Data Entry Keyer in Westlake, OH
    Former Employee - Data Entry Keyer in Westlake, OH

I worked at United Consumer Financial Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. This comapny has too many cons to have pro's.

Cons

-No employee motivation.
    -Management is horrible.
    -WAY too much favoritism.

Advice to Management

-Fire all management and stop hiring from within.

I was let go from employment at United Consumer Financial Services. The reason why I was let go was never made clear to me and I had never been on any corrective actions with said company prior to being terminated. I feel that I was terminated wrongfully because the HR department called me on my day off to suspend me and they never called me back in to work after the suspension. My right as an employee, at the time, was to know EXACTLY why I was terminated and I was never given a reason as to why I was let go. The company says that they terminated me properly, and in fact that was a lie. I feel that I am being misrepresented as a human because of he-say/she-say and favoritism within that company.