United Consumers Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

United Consumers Credit Union Reviews

Updated Nov 8, 2017

Found 8 reviews

2.4
United Consumers Credit Union CEO Chris Mccreary (no image)
Chris Mccreary
  1. "Gaining great experience!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Independence, MO

I have been working at United Consumers Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very Supportive management. Great atmosphere to work in and very busy so days go by fast.

Cons

It's a great place to work and a caring atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Pay more

United Consumers Credit Union2015-08-22
  2. "I would apply somewhere else"

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Independence, MO

I worked at United Consumers Credit Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company Christmas Party is fun.

Cons

They don't really care about the employees at all, and they really don't care much about the members. The systems are not easy to work, you don't have what you need to do your job. And all that you do is never enough. They try to use scare tactics and yelling at employees, treating them like kids, instead of motivating and helping them grow.

Advice to Management

You should care more about taking care of your employees. The work life balance is awful. You don't have enough staff to run the business so everyone hates their job and can't take time off.

United Consumers Credit Union2017-11-08
  3. "Wish it were better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

I have been working at United Consumers Credit Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the people are good to work with. You can do pretty much anything and get away with it. I guess that's good. I don't worry about getting fired - yeah. Good potential here but a lot of things need to change.

Cons

Keep your personal problems AT HOME - especially management. Some days are tiring - listening to it. Need better training. Turnover is bad and I am looking but wish I did not have to. Low pay.

United Consumers Credit Union2017-01-23
  4. "Financial Services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

I worked at United Consumers Credit Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

Playful atmosphere at times! (appropriate or not, it was fun.) I did learn a lot there in my brief time and made some close colleagues as a result of working there and I'm very grateful for that. Pleasant work space. Hours are good for the employee (however, may not serve the members as well as they could be served). The people were good to work with.

Cons

I saw no room for advancement. The Credit Union and myself have differing professional attitudes which were not conducive to long term employment for me personally. I suggest improving the training process and insuring there are enough employees available to assist members at all times. Increasing the pay would bring higher skilled employees.

Advice to Management

Review the management structure. It appeared the work load of managers varied considerably. Some were over worked while others floated.

United Consumers Credit Union2016-06-03
  5. "FSR - Interesting"

I worked at United Consumers Credit Union

Pros

Nice facility. Upper management professional and very kind. They know the business. Coworkers were fine. Nice hours. Overall a good place to work.

Cons

Immediate manager immature, knowledgeable about the credit union and the products but not a good manager. Should be more professional and set an example for staff in all areas of business.

Advice to Management

This is an awesome credit union and overall a good place to spend the work day. Middle management not so strong.

United Consumers Credit Union2016-02-13
  6. ""Good step on the ladder...""

I worked at United Consumers Credit Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It doesn't take a great deal to gain security in your job. They offer training through one of the national credit union organizations. Work environment is mostly positive with a few employee incentives thrown in.

Cons

Tough to move up. It seems senior management values personal relationships over professional accomplishment. Several people have left here and advanced quickly elsewhere while outside candidates are routinely brought in ahead of current employees.

Advice to Management

Remove the "friendship" from the equation when evaluating/promoting employees.

United Consumers Credit Union2015-07-22
  7. "Management"

I worked at United Consumers Credit Union full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There is no pros with this company

Cons

The Senior management is horrible and it just goes down in staff competency from there.

Advice to Management

Get a whole new management staff

United Consumers Credit Union2015-07-16
  8. "Finance"

I have been working at United Consumers Credit Union full-time

Pros

Full Benefits except you pay your full deductible before health insurance kicks in.

Cons

This company over promises and never delivers. Get everything promised in writing before you accept the position.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at your employees and skills they have before you select them for a position.

United Consumers Credit Union2015-05-19