Found 106 of over 156 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great opportunities to engage with a multitude of stakeholders." (in 4 reviews)
- "doing an internship at the UNV is a great opportunity to learn new skills and have contact with interesting people on the UN system." (in 3 reviews)
- "Good for career development." (in 3 reviews)
- "Great people" (in 3 reviews)
- "Great working environment" (in 3 reviews)
- 5.0Sep 9, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Clear process of onboarding. Access to e-learning with focus on self-development. Access to vast network of like-minded and friendly colleagues.
Contracts cannot exceed 4 years. Onboarding process will vary greatly depending on your hiring agency and your country.
- 3.0Apr 4, 2021Political Affairs OfficerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAfrica, MO
Rich field experience and interesting tasked carried out
Maximum lengh limited to 4 years.
- 5.0Jul 8, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Good employer. Good working environment created with benefits. Employer maintains excellent rapport with staff and it is worth it working as a UN volunteer in one of the UN Missions in Africa.
Assignments are normally located in war torn volatile communities.This necessitates constant alertness as rebel insurgency and uprisings occur unannounced..6
United Nations Volunteers Reviews FAQs
United Nations Volunteers has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 156 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at United Nations Volunteers to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.
77% of United Nations Volunteers employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated United Nations Volunteers 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.