Found 309 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and they try to put a system in place to make the job easy." (in 200 reviews)
- "Good hours and pay for the week and no weekends ever" (in 132 reviews)
- "Great people to work with..every one willing to help out and work as a team" (in 62 reviews)
- "Benefits Pay Advancement Opportunity Hours and security" (in 27 reviews)
- "great company to work for they take care of their employees." (in 25 reviews)
- "This company is losing a lot of talented employees to their competition because of poor management." (in 95 reviews)
- "Long hours and can be stressful at times" (in 50 reviews)
- "Upper management does not care about you." (in 37 reviews)
- "Waaaaaay to many managers." (in 26 reviews)
- "No work life balance Over 50 hour weeks in office Bad system" (in 23 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of United Rentals and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "good pay"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Apr 14, 2015Shop Tech IFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsEast Syracuse, NY
Good pay and bennies depending on how much butt you kiss.
You are just a # management does not care about you. Managements motto is me first!2
- 5.0Sep 16, 2022Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee
they take really great care of their employees and pay greatly
i really have no complaints about themUnited Rentals Response2y
Hi there! We thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we are very pleased to hear you value us as an employer. Thank you for being a part of our United Rentals family!
- 4.0Aug 28, 2022Key Account Manager (KAM)Current Employee
Competitive pay and fast paced work environment
Success is very reliant on support from mgmt. if you do not get support you will not succeed.
- 3.0Jan 13, 2015Sales RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSan Antonio, TX
Pay and pay structure is good and there are plenty of locations and the brand is very recognized in the industry
Management has no morals when it comes to their employees or business interests.1
- 3.0Mar 1, 2021Field Service TechnicianFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsTigard, OR
Great learning experience. Diversity of equipment that they stock with training seminars from OEM companies. As a field service tech there was very little micro managing. Can open a lot of doors if you're looking to move to another company since you interact with so many customers. Good health insurance. Standard 2 weeks of vacation(use it or lose it policy) and 1 week of sick pay.
The list is long for cons as a field service tech in the portland metro area. Pay is low compared to industry standard. Mid level techs will earn 20 to 23 an hour. Less if youre in the shop. They tend to bring you in at a low wage and make you work a ton of OT. The big part i didnt think was ethical is they run lean on manpower and managment openly admits we need more people but when review time comes around they use the metrics your team didnt meet as a reason not to give you a raise (pre covid). Overall the amount of responsibility/skill for this position did not comensurate with pay.2
- 5.0Apr 4, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Pay for all levels of sales is fair and above average for the industry/segment. Would recommend.
Succession planning and limited upward potential for top performers.1
- 2.0Sep 7, 2008Inside SalesCurrent EmployeeBoston, MA
Good beneifits and generaly good people to work with at the branch level. The retirement plan is good as they match up to 3 pecent of your pay towards it. hours of opperation are also good .
Upper management is inconsistent with what they do or what they want and expect from the employes. There is never enough time to complete one job before something else is thrown at you and then they get upset that you could not finish the first project that was gven to you. There is to much bouncing around and no consistant leadership with in the company.1
- 5.0Sep 29, 2022Territory ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsPerris, CA
I started as an inside sales rep and In the six years I have been with the company I have been promoted 3 times. They offer great pay and if you sell equipment you can give yourself a raise pretty much everyday no caps. Great company to start your career and grow with. Great benefits like Company vehicle, company stock option, full benefits, 401k etc.. great team that cares about your growth and our customers.
No cons all is good.United Rentals Response11mo
Hi there - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we are thrilled to hear you value us as an employer and have had an overall positive experience! We will share this anonymous feedback with our teams. Thank you for being a part of the United Rentals family!