United Shore Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
United Shore President & CEO Mat Ishbia
Mat Ishbia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • From a curtual/work life balance perspective (in 33 reviews)

• 40 Hour Work Week that allows for true work life balance (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Everybody needs a work from home once in a while for work life balance (in 16 reviews)

• There seems like there are some common threads about 'issues' at United Shore (in 22 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best place to work, period!"

I have been working at United Shore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I haven't even been here for a whole year yet and I'm ready to stay forever. I'm all in with this company and I'm blessed to work for such an awesome place! Everyone is super friendly and we have so many perks! We have a gym, Starbucks, escape room, a CEO that wants us all to succeed and promotes from within to encourage growth and so much more. This company makes you feel like you matter and encourages you to be yourself.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. I know there is always room for improvement, but this company is on the right path!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Our company goals are truly motivating and I could not ask to work for a better place, because I'm working for the best!

Jul 17, 2017 – Team Member Services

We love hearing your feedback! It’s great to hear that you are happy here and that you have found your career! Thank you for being a part of our team!

"Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at United Shore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This a great company with awesome culture and team members! They really get you engaged with the workplace and you can hit the ground running. It's a great place to make a real impact early in your career.

Cons

The pay isn't the best in the industry but they offer so many great perks that they reward you in other ways. Plus the in-house doctors office makes my life so much easier.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency with your co-workers and the open communicaiton.

"A view from the IT side"

Current Employee - IT Worker in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - IT Worker in Troy, MI

I have been working at United Shore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For IT workers, the growth at this company provides a lot of opportunities that truly are once or twice in a lifetime experiences. It is definitely a place where team members want to do the right thing and executive leadership allows that to happen. There is a lot of internal training available and a decent amount of technology training. Definitely not the kind of place where people will back stab you. Quite the opposite in fact, with very little B.S. Great culture for young people.

Cons

Executive Leaders are good, but sometimes a little over the top with quirky demands on leaders at lower levels. Retirement benefits are below industry expectations. IT could use leaders with a little more executive presence at the highest levels, though there are a couple of leaders that stand out. No work from home policy, but that does not seem to be the case for the CTO. Many IT jobs are filled from team members that do not have formal IT training. This will become a problem for the company.

Advice to Management

Promote formal education in the disciplines that people are working in. On the job training is great, but many team members lack what to do. You are setting unrealistic expectations for new team members. Everyone is told that you can be a leader in 6 mos. So now everyone wants to be a leader. You need incentives that keep people after 2 years. CTO is getting stale in IT. Get a sense of where you are going and YOU lead us, not lecture us in IT meetings.

Sep 19, 2017 – Team Member Services

Our IT Team is nothing short of amazing and plays a critical role in our company staying the #1 wholesale lender. The IT team is one of our largest and fastest growing teams and it’s exciting to be... More

"Great place to work."

I have been working at United Shore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great people, great company. No complaints.

Cons

We haven't moved to the new building yet!

Sep 19, 2017 – Team Member Services

We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review! You’re right, our people and culture play a major role in making us one of the best workplaces!

"Best place to work!!"

Current Employee - Leader
    Current Employee - Leader

I have been working at United Shore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place, amazing opportunities, great people!

Cons

Prepare to work hard but its all worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Sep 11, 2017 – Team Member Services

"Awesome company to work for!"

I have been working at United Shore full-time

Pros

I love coming into work everyday.

Cons

Working a later shift everyday is rough.

Sep 7, 2017 – Corporate Brand Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We love to hear that you enjoy coming to work every day. Please be sure to take advantage of your monthly Yourtime meetings with your leader to discuss any opportunities... More

"Best Place I've Ever Worked"

I have been working at United Shore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and family atmosphere. Upper management truly cares about team members and helps them to succeed.

Cons

Fast growing company so some minor growing pains and lack of parking. The parking situation will soon be resolved when we move to the new building.

Sep 7, 2017 – Team Member Services

Thank you for review! We are thrilled that you feel like you are part of our United Shore family! Our new building is going to be a world class facility with awesome amenities and we can’t wait to... More

"OPS"

I worked at United Shore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a great company with many perks. The CEO is a positive role model who is attempting to pass to trait down to other leaders.

Cons

Challenges are the double standards and favoritism from many leaders. Most leaders do not have enough leaderships skills to effectively lead others. Some team members are able to slide into a leader or desired position while others have to jump through unreasonable hoops.

You are judged based on many things that is not related to your abilities or skills.

The attributes of hard work, trustworthiness, reliable and having the ability to think outside of the box are considered OLD work traits. However, being part of a clique or special alumni will get you promoted as long as you to know the different work ethic slogans. Which should be practiced more the preached.

Advice to Management

Encourage your leaders to be fair and not biased.

Sep 19, 2017 – Team Member Services

Thank you for writing us a review! We have high expectations of our leaders and leadership roles are earned by being the obvious choice when opportunities present themselves. In order to make sure we... More

9. "A real-deal people focused company"

Current Employee - Client Support in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Client Support in Troy, MI

I have been working at United Shore full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Continuous training; wellness focus; work/life balance

Cons

With growth parking has become tight. But if you need to shuttle (lot is next door), the service is lightning fast.

Advice to Management

Stay people-focused and you'll always be on top.

Aug 30, 2017 – Team Member Services

Thank you for your feedback! We’ve doubled in size in the past two years, and we continue to grow! Parking won’t be an issue in the Spring of 2018! We will be moving to Pontiac to our newly renovated... More

10. "Best Place to Work in the World"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Troy, MI

I have been working at United Shore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, people, leadership and a huge growth opportunity. Transparent and fair, exciting and engaging, working with like minded positive people who want to be successful.

Cons

If you are not ready to be the best or do the little things to be the best this is not for you. Have excuses? Lazy? Poor work ethic? late all the time? Don't have an intense desire to be the best? This is not for you. Negative comments here are for those people you would not want to work with anywhere. Give an honest effort and be open to learn and you will have success at UWM.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we do!

Aug 30, 2017 – Team Member Services

We appreciate you leaving us a review! Having a strong work ethic and positive attitude is what makes a great team member. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.