United Site Services Reviews | Glassdoor

United Site Services Reviews

Updated June 6, 2017

Ron Carapezzi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Dropped off and picked up units upon customers request"

I worked at United Site Services full-time

Pros

Ireally loved the job was fun

Cons

no recognition for hard work low pay no bonuses

Advice to Management

Under new management now so don't know how it it now

2. "I really enjoy my job I look forward to the every day hustle and bustle"

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Mount Vernon, WA
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Mount Vernon, WA

I have been working at United Site Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We are a team we care about our customers and what they think of our company plenty of working hours especially in the summer

Cons

No back up to take vacation annual raises is something corporate office really needs to work on. Bigger budgets for trucks equipment

Advice to Management

Allow a bigger budget to hire more drivers allow a bigger budget properly working equipment incentives for everyone raises etc.

"P&D driver"

Current Employee - P&D Driver
    Current Employee - P&D Driver

I have been working at United Site Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits at the company are ok,great co workers ,a lot of hours during special event season which is summer here in California .

Cons

The company isn't the same as it used to be now it seams that they see you as a number . We never have extra equipment in our yard to replace broken down ;trucks,restrooms,or the tools for the service tech to do his job ,higher ups never spend a dime because they don't want lose their bonus money.They expect you to do more with less.

Advice to Management

Give credit to your hardworking employees try and speak out for your employees , try and get higher pay for your workers. Spend money on tools needed for your yard. Happy employees can do their job more efficient if they have all working equipment.

"Customer Care Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in San Jose, CA

I worked at United Site Services full-time

Pros

Back in 2013 it had a "family feel". It was only 8 miles from my home and I did not get on a freeway to get to work.

Easy job; only 5 real responsibilities: billing, new orders, pick ups, etas, "operator".

Cons

Pricing for customers is handled very poorly. "WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE IT THAT WAY". 7 words that kill businesses. A lot of procedures are not written down and if the supervisor finds fault with your work, they "interpret" the verbal procedure to fire you if you take initiative and are proactive in supporting the bottom line and taking care of customers.

It is bad business to give customers 5 year old pricing coz WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE IT THAT WAY. Then to get mad at an employee for quoting new pricing to customers who have no open orders or are brand new customers. Pricing is provided by city by Regional Sales Mgmt, not Customer Care. The cost of doing business varies by city.

You are losing $$ when you charge Los Angeles pricing in San Francisco.

Customer Care is afraid to put this procedure in Writing for fear Sales Mgmt will find out and chastise them. But they can punish employees who are proactive and take initiative.

The real reason CC just gives in on pricing is mgmt and staff don't want any conflict with customers. Hello, just tell your customers pricing varies by city, and the customer will understand. You don't have to give them a credit coz you are afraid to tell customers the truth.

Customers charge their customers the "going rate". If we did business with them, they would charge us full price!

Any business that continues to operate under WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE IT THAT WAY will continue to suffer revenue difficulties and even buying/acquiring other businesses will not stop the $$ blood loss.

----------------
    No real advancement opportunities. The only people that get promoted are young, easily coerced, and "obedient" employees.

Most people who want advancement have to leave Customer Care and go to Sales or Ops.

---------
    No sick leave (Calif just forced them to give 3 days, but you have to accrue it over a year)
    No 401K match (they say in Oct 2015)
    If you are out sick, a dr's appt, or are late, they "force" you to use your Vacation time, even if you want to take it Unpaid.
    1 Week Vacation your 1st year. 2 weeks vacation after 1 year.
    Start at $15 per hour.
    Mandatory OT when they feel like making you work.
    Low Morale due to a lot of back biting
    Supposed to be "1 Call Center", but major rivalry between East Coast and West Coast. East Coast makes all these "rules", rams then down West Coast's throat, and then does not follow their own rules. Heaven forbid you point out EC personnel did not follow the rules!

Advice to Management

Stop burying your head in the sand regarding pricing in Customer Care. You are losing easily millions of dollars by giving your business away. If your Ops and Sales departments knew you were under charging customers for the service provided, they would riot!!

Get rid of training mgrs and supervisors who have been with the company 9 or 10 years and are not able or willing to move past the Status Quo.

"customer care"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I have been working at United Site Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for 5 years. Good work
    environment, great people to work with and good benefits. Our company has also paid the increase in insurance, so our rates didn't go up.

Cons

There doesn't seem to brew much room for advancement in my position, and I haven't had a raise in four years. Work is bottle necked, and instead one being able to complete something inn one step, numerous emails have to be sent. Seems to be too money driven versus customer driven.

Advice to Management

Set realistic expectations. Develop better relationships with other workers that aren't in management. Uninterrupted meetings would be great.

6. "Overall not bad."

Pros

Great people and freedom to get your job done.

Cons

Benefits we not up to par.

"it's a job"

Pros

flexibility in my schedule/location where I work

Cons

no central government, each yard has their own rules

Advice to Management

centralize