United States Beef Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Gm"

Current Employee - General Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - General Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at United States Beef full-time

Pros

Good benefits and training. Fast placement

Cons

Staffing assistance can be had to get

2. "A lot of retaliation"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Kansas City, KS

I worked at United States Beef full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family oriented for the most part A lot of short staffnes A lot times I was stuck working the whole shift with one other employee and not allowed to lock lobby and this coming from the dm so just makes the manager work extra hard

Cons

I worked for us beef 6 yrs the past 3 have been a headache I believed the company pull through their staffing issues but never did I think what did it for me is when the dm tells you that you can't lock lobby even tho it states in the hand book there has to be 3 people on the clock to keep doors open I only have 2 and he says you have I was done! HELLO SECURITY REASONS

Advice to Management

for corporate you all should go check on your stores more their a mess! When I started 6 years ago I believed in the Arbys way and values when I left nobody followed or even talked about it

3. "Assistant manager 1"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duncan, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duncan, OK

I have been working at United States Beef full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy work, incentive, good training

Cons

Long hours, no breaks, sometimes have to deal with poor store leadership

4. "District Manager"

I have been working at United States Beef full-time

Pros

Company Car, Phone, Good insurance

Cons

Work/Home life balance, staffing struggles

"General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at United States Beef full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growth potential, positional training, professional upper management. Great core values

Cons

Late working hours not a family friendly schedule. Micro managed with procedures. Training process intense but not complete or followed through. Values are not implemented.

Advice to Management

Be clear and honest when recruiting managers. Schedule and working hours. What it means to be side by side manager, Don't say you will have your own store after 12 weeks when there is not one available.

6. "General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at United States Beef full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that come to mind....

Cons

Where to start..... grossly understaffed with little to no assistance (in MANY stores). They will promote an underperforming employee before letting them quit or just to fill a gap. If you want communication go else where because you won't get it here. Open door policy is a joke and retaliation is a guarantee if you do report something...(even though they'll convince you that "doesn't happen there"). The support from upper management is non existent. Their definition of support is to visit a store once every six months and tell you everything that's wrong and leave; not to be seen for another 6+ months. I'll spare you the many more I would like to share....

Advice to Management

Open your eyes!! Have some couth about you when dealing with people. These are human beings with thoughts, feelings and mistakes - ironically similar to yours. Consistency should be a priority integrated through personal contact which means placing yourself where the NEED is...Daily...not monthly or yearly. You'll learn so much more by just being PRESENT. I hope you take this advice....

"district manager"

Former Employee - District Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - District Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at United States Beef full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

owners are friendly & loyal, good tools in place, benefits decent

Cons

the company motto or mission of Compass is not executed through their leadership, inconsistent, & communication awful

Advice to Management

be fair, get involved, don't let growth make you forget the foundation- get more feedback from the workers to improve

"An OK job for a "Highschooler""

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Brighton, CO
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Brighton, CO

I worked at United States Beef full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Willing to work with your schedule (I was going to college and worked the days I could)
    -Easy job IF you work with people who care about this job
    -Great High School job
    -Love their compass vision, applied it to future employment

Cons

-Too much work for little pay
    -Could file a complaint to General Manager or District Leaders about a person or wrong doing and they would not do anything about it. Just give them a write up.
    -Forced to work shorthanded
    -Managers limit 50% meals to one a day or to what you should order when in the handbook discounted meals are described vaguely.
    -About 85% of the Managers were not willing to help/communicate with each other. In many occasions (not to exaggerate ) I picked up their slack because they were either too lazy or not willing to learn how to do their management job right.
    -People are always quitting, be ready to see new faces and work shorthanded

Advice to Management

-Stop being afraid to speak up to employees that have anger management issues, besides trying to please their temper, try working on keeping the people that actually enjoy working there because you guys already lost a lot of good people.
    -Not purposely trying to hate on a company that I have worked for several years, but I am able to see many changes that has happened throughout the years and it just keeps on getting worse.

9. "Manager Trainee"

I have been working at United States Beef full-time

Pros

Great benefits package available. Various medical plans to choose from. 5 week training program.

Cons

Can be very hectic. Lots to learn and do in short period of time and pay isn't that great for all that is asked and required of you on the job. Getting more than 35 hours not likely.

10. "Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at United States Beef full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are great.

Overall, coworkers are friendly as are the executive team.

You don't have to feel like your walking on eggshells.

Cons

People can be a little too comfortable with their workplace conversation. Though, I think most people here here are generally OK with the tone and content. In past work experience though, it's just never a good idea to discuss politics or religion AT work. I think there's potential for others to feel uncomfortable, I personally do not.

Some have complained about lack of flexibility in schedules. I personally haven't experienced this issue.

Advice to Management

Overall I think management does a pretty good job. I was really impressed when I joined the team and love that most of them take a personal interest in your well being.