United Therapeutics Reviews

Updated May 14, 2021

3.9
United Therapeutics Chairman and CEO Martine A. Rothblatt
Martine A. Rothblatt
Pros
  • "Relaxing and calming atmosphere is something to get use to if you come from a chaotic and fast pace work environment(in 11 reviews)

• "Great benefits, bonuses and work life balance(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Diversity on the senior level is extremely deficient, very flat org(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

May 14, 2021 - Corporate Real Estate Associate in Silver Spring, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management and teamwork at this job.

Cons

No downsides besides the demand of the career field

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fantastic company DNA, culture, and people

May 6, 2021 - Associate Vice President, Global Alliance Management in Silver Spring, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company mission, leadership, culture, and people

Cons

Not significant enough to be listed

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company with great Benefits but people in Management are not the best

Jan 18, 2021 - Research Associate in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, Work life Balance, Bonus, perks.. CEO is amazing and cares about every single employee from executives to the most junior staffers

Cons

promotes people who shouldn't be promoted. These people lack people leadership skills, they will purposely sabotage people under them by blaming lack of results on them while taking no personal accountability. If you are good a kissing up to people your actually skills wont matter and you will easily be promoted into positions you don't deserve (this may be a positive for people who are narcissist, if so you'll fit right in with management)

HR Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We welcome feedback at any time and thank you for sharing your thoughts. We recognize there is always room for improvement and growth and we are committed to working to address any concerns. Thank you for your feedback.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to start your career, but maybe not to grow

Apr 5, 2021 - Accountant in Silver Spring, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, good culture, great benefits.

Cons

Long hours during busy times (which is expected) and not as much vertical growth depending on your role.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful place to work!

Jan 14, 2021 - Quality Assurance in Research Triangle Park, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can tell a lot about a company from how the leadership chooses to handle the tough times. 2020 and now the beginning of 2021, was/is a challenge for many. To see UT handle it so well by providing support and understanding to its employees is amazing. You can really feel supported by this company during this horrible time. I have a great team and I plan to stay working here for many years to come.

Cons

The organization is very lean and tenure is long for many staying for 6+ years, so not many opportunities to move up.

HR Team Member

Thank you for your five-star review! We appreciate you providing your feedback and are glad to hear you are enjoying your employment experience at United Therapeutics.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Research Software Engineer

Mar 22, 2021 - Research Software Engineer in Silver Spring, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

everything. good benefits. a company that cares

Cons

none at all. everything is great

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor management

Mar 17, 2021 - Engineer in Sudbury, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company benefits and compensation, good health insurance

Cons

Poor and incompetent managers, manipulative HRs that do not care about the employee's complaints, and save the managers. But what goes around, comes around

1 person found this review helpful

HR Team Member

We appreciate your review and are sorry to hear your concerns. Please know that our workplace culture and employee experience are top priorities for us, even when the difficult decision of closing a subsidiary location is made. We know this causes additional stress and challenges and appreciate your sharing your experience. We recognize there is always room for improvement and growth and are committed to working to address any concerns. Thank you for your feedback.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Company

Feb 16, 2021 - Senior Director in Research Triangle Park, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing working environment, excellent employee benefits, vibrant workforce, solid leadership team.

Cons

Still some remaining silos that need to be broken down.

HR Team Member

Thank you for your five-star review! We are glad to hear you are enjoying your employment experience at United Therapeutics and the many amenities and benefits we offer to employees. Our employees truly make our company stand out amongst some of the best.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to Work

Feb 2, 2021 - BioProcess Associate II in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great perks and benefits. Easy to learn something new

Cons

Very flat hierarchy and very difficult to be promoted

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

STAY AWAY FROM QA/QC

Jan 21, 2021 - QA Specialist in Silver Spring, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, pay, PTO, free meals, flexible start time

Cons

Stay away…Stay away…Stay away from the QA/QC department. Very toxic work environment, lack of culture, a lot of “watch dogging”, and politics. All management cares about is getting the job done and nothing else. There is no room for opportunity in growth, especially for minorities. If things are not flowing, they will not hesitate to do a re-org or layoffs.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry you did not have a positive experience at United Therapeutics. We welcome your feedback and encourage you to please connect with a member of the HR team to discuss your experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 100 Reviews