What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great and the work that is done there has helped many children and their families out of poverty" (in 151 reviews)
- "good benefits and lots of potential for good work" (in 91 reviews)
- "Staff is friendly and can network very easily within the non" (in 47 reviews)
- "Great culture and an interesting place to work." (in 38 reviews)
- "Great coworkers and atmosphere." (in 35 reviews)
- "low pay due to non" (in 103 reviews)
- "Senior leadership is petty and can be remarkably immature and unprofessional when someone disagrees with them" (in 54 reviews)
- "Very demanding and low salaries." (in 51 reviews)
- "Poor management" (in 41 reviews)
- "upper management isn’t expected to attend trainings and refuse to see that issues exist in the company" (in 15 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of United Way and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 1,524 of over 2K reviews
Updated Sep 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Jul 23, 2023Creative Services ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsDes Moines, IA
A good feel type of environment. Everyone is super nice. Everyone is heavily involved with the community and the work we push forward to help others. Work/Life balance is good, good benefits, good vibes.
Since it's a non-profit, pay might be below average.
- 1.0Sep 18, 2023MarketingFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Hybrid work environment There are some passionate, caring people who work at UW that have dedicated years to giving back to the community.
Low pay with NO professional growth opportunities. Don't expect a raise or title adjustment when they reward you with more responsibilities for doing your job well. Poor upper management/leadership. It's everyman for themselves and leadership wants the praise for your work. Expect to be spoken down to, treated as less than, and replaceable. HR will not so much as lift a finger if you voice any concerns and it's been that way for 12+ years. They refuse to reprimand or even confront bad employee behavior. They keep the bad eggs and wonder why they have a high turnover. Expect to pay for parking and walk a ways to the office in an unsafe part of downtown.
Could anyone refer me to any of these companies? WPP Fresenius Medical Care BBVA L3Harris Technologies, Inc. GLG, LLC United Way First Republic DDB Guardian Life Spencer Stuart Dun & Bradstreet OMD ArcelorMittal Highmark Health Optum Nestle General Mills GTB Duke Energy Corporation Amdocs Pratt & Whitney Harvard University Palantir Technologies Inc. Advocate Aurora CBRE Finn Partners Huntington National Bank AdventHealth Discover Financial Services Schlumberger Stanford University
United Way Reviews FAQs
United Way has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,840 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at United Way to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
63% of United Way employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated United Way 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.