UnitedHealth Group Reviews in Oklahoma City, OK | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
UnitedHealth Group President, CEO, and Director Steve Hemsley
Steve Hemsley

Pros
  • A colleague once shared 25% of the organization employees work from home (in 735 reviews)

• You will have an excellent work life balance working here (in 413 reviews)

Cons
  • Little lagging in work life balance (in 228 reviews)

• They offer the worse health insurance package I've ever had in my working career to their own employees (in 249 reviews)

"Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits. Good Pay. flexible with absences.

Cons

Bad hours, do not have 2 days off in a row. Lots of mandatory overtime.

"Terrible Recruiters"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Once you are in the company things are pretty good, the benefits aren't too bad. You have the chance to train in other parts of the company, if you know the right people.

Cons

Recruiters take too long to respond, have little to no contact. Nothing is ever clear and the recruiters and lazy.

Advice to Management

Hire better recruiters that actually do their job and communicate with applicants and be honest and open with them. Don't be afraid to tell them they aren't a good fit for the position, instead of just no call back and no return calls or emails. Be professional.

Feb 14, 2017 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback about your experience working at UnitedHealth Group. I'm sorry to hear you've had challenging experience trying to connect with our recruiters. They are available via chat ... More

"customer service advocate"

Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was great $14.75/hr, I had previous call center exp. but i was told min would have been $14/hr.

Cons

Most companies are able to compensate for bad experiences - with it being insurance there is no way- because insurance plans are the way they are...

HR is outsourced, and in my 18 yrs of work experience is worse i have ever experienced. Messing up on deductions for benefits and double dipping for their mistakes.

Advice to Management

Training was misleading as to the real type of calls i received. People had questions and situations not addressed in training- could have used tools to better handle upset members when nothing could be done.

Jan 12, 2017 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your perspective. I'm sorry you felt the training was misleading. Customer Service Advocates are very important to UnitedHealth Group and can be a very challenging position for many ... More

"Easy job for helping people"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Willing to work with the worker

Cons

No room to move up in the company

Advice to Management

N/A

Nov 1, 2016 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your review. Have you visited the Career Exploration and Development section of HR Direct, or our employee job search page to see openings within the organization? If you are interested ... More

5. "Senior pharmacy technician"

Former Employee - Senior CPhT Pharmacy Tech in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Senior CPhT Pharmacy Tech in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at UnitedHealth Group (More than a year)

Pros

Long the job, friendly people, great hours, overtime

Cons

Drama, people getting In other people's business

Advice to Management

Have people stay out of other people business

"Not a caring company"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay with benefits. But it's not really worth the cons.

Cons

Management will work you to death. They will use you until theyou can't any more. If you have children this company would not be a good fit because you will almost never get to spend time with them and when you have time you will be to Tired and burned out. Although the company is in health care, the last thing they care about is employee health.

Advice to Management

Help employees have better work life balance. Stop treating those who work under you as if they don't matter.

Aug 4, 2016 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback about UnitedHealth Group. I would encourage you to contact HR Direct regarding your concerns: 1-800-561-0861 from 7 AM to 7PM. Our staff there will be glad to ... More

"OptumRx Customer Service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very good benefits at this top employer and healthcare company. e.g. 401K, health benefits, performance bonuses, vacation and work/life balance.

Cons

In the customer service position I was in, we had to work required overtime for over a third or more of the year. Plus there was more voluntary overtime on top of that; but not every year. Overtime depended on if they had projected enough workforce for the expected business need. Lots of stress and not enough off-work time to fully enjoy my own time.

Advice to Management

Try to plan or forecast better to anticipate the next fiscal years business needs. It's definitely better to have a few more employees than is needed to better cover and shortfalls.

8. "Data entry specialist"

Current Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group (Less than a year)

Pros

The place is a great company to work for

Cons

The assignment is temporary and ending soon

"Worst experience ever (Prior authorization dept Optumrx)"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Tech in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Tech in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was the only decent thing about it, I wouldn't do it again. I guess the building was nice but that's because they use part of OU's campus.

Cons

Micromanaging, mandatory OT, supervisors gossip like crazy and pick favorites. Non stop calls and you only get 10 minutes to use throughout the day to use the bathroom- etc. I honestly couldn't believe the negative things I heard from management. Unless you fall into being a favorite, be prepared to be treated terribly. Welcome to another corporation where you are just a number.

"Helping everyone live healthier lives except the Employees"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free covered parking. Fair pay for entry level positions.

Cons

There is a demand for "mandatory overtime". The attendance policy is such that I worked for 3 days before going to the doctor to find out I had H1N1. When I called in on Monday to say I wouldn't be in, my boss told me that it would be counted against me on my attendance and adherence because it is January. I came to work anyway (sorry for spreading my illness) Customer service is less important that how fast you take a call. If a customer has deep issues regarding their medications, you must rush them off the phone because the clock is ticking. The rewards they give for a job well done are things you would expect in a junior high school; candy, pizza and such. If you have a sick child, you are not allowed to take time off to care for their needs. You must work, unless you are lucky to be employed in California where the laws protect parents who need to care for their sick children.

Showing 12 of 6,127 reviews