UnitedHealth Group Reviews
70% would recommend to a friend
(13909 total reviews)
74% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Flexible work schedule and work from home options" (in 941 reviews)
- "The benefits were good and the employee benefit programs offered to employees were good as well." (in 851 reviews)
- "The pay was good and co" (in 765 reviews)
- "good work life balance and typical consulting travel schedule" (in 740 reviews)
- "Great people to work with who all share a mission in improving healthcare and thinking analytically." (in 537 reviews)
- "Poor management and not very organized." (in 691 reviews)
- "At least the good managers I've worked for believed that and it seemed to work for them... until they were run out." (in 313 reviews)
- "There is NO training and you need to figure it our on your own as you go." (in 265 reviews)
- "Upper management is poor with a lot of VPs burning budgets and acting as dead weight." (in 217 reviews)
- "We have literally begged Senior Leadership for more help to reduce caseloads and improve compliance." (in 211 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of UnitedHealth Group and is not affected by filters.
Found 13,909 of over 16K reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 20, 2023Licensed Practical NurseCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMinneapolis, MN
Flexibile, Great management, good benefits, higher starting pay then most competitors.
None at the moment but will come back to edit if there are cons in the future.
- 5.0Nov 18, 2023User Experience Design InternFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMinneapolis, MN
- Great people - Company was looking to improve their products significantly with design - From what I heard from full-time employees they have good benefits and time off - While I was there the company was flexible and considerate with remote workers while also offering good in-person facilities
- Lot of red tape - Turnover rate seemed to be high (Almost half the people I worked with moved on or were laid off within a year of when I started)
- 5.0Nov 17, 2023Technical RecruiterFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMinneapolis, MN
I worked there in 2018 not 2019. Good company culture and great management. The ability to work remotely was a game changer.
No cons at this time.
- 5.0Nov 5, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBirmingham, AL
I received great affordable benefits as soon as I started working. Paid training. Monthly incentives based off performance. Remote. Team and supervisor communication is on point. Feedback to help you improve.
Mandatory overtime in the beginning of the year. Very selective when hiring.
- 5.0Oct 30, 2023Data AnalystFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsNewtown Square, PA
Great place to work. Great work life balance
Hiring offshore employees making it difficult to advance.
- 5.0Oct 29, 2023RecruiterFormer EmployeeCalifornia City, CA
Very friendly, gives u opportunities to grow
Cant think of any right nowUnitedHealth Group Response2mo
Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear about your positive experience with the company. Please feel free to leave your review on our Indeed page as well and thank you for joining us in Caring. Connecting. Growing Together.
- 5.0Oct 27, 2023Social WorkerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearWashington, DC
Great compensation, Great compensation, Great compensation, Great compensation, Great compensation, Great compensation.
High caseloads and work demandsUnitedHealth Group Response2mo
Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear about your positive experience with the company! We take pride in offering our employees competitive compensation for their hard work.
UnitedHealth Group Reviews FAQs
UnitedHealth Group has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 16,379 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at UnitedHealth Group to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
70% of UnitedHealth Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated UnitedHealth Group 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.