Found 13,915 of over 16K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about UnitedHealth Group
25 days ago
Hi all. I’m looking for roles as a Project Manager, Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or Program Manager. Could someone please provide me a referral for companies in the energy or healthcare sector, such as NextEra or UnitedHealth? Thanks! Nextera Energy UnitedHealth Group
Consulting Exit Opportunities
5 months ago
Any HR M&A or benefits folks looking for a new opportunity? We’re looking for a HR M&A Manager and a Sr. M&A Analyst. We’re part of Optum & UnitedHealth. 100% US remote, no relocation required! Fast growing, great culture and lots of growth opportunity. Analyst Role: https://careers.sca.health/jobs/28991?lang=en-us HR Manager Role: https://careers.sca.health/asc-leadership/jobs/28990?lang=en-us
Got a burning question about UnitedHealth Group? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with UnitedHealth Group employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Work from home was good." (in 949 reviews)
- "good benefits and not much else" (in 870 reviews)
- "The pay was good and co" (in 745 reviews)
- "Work life balance is good and you do receive alot of leeway" (in 734 reviews)
- "There's are a few great people but there just stuck and don't wanna move." (in 527 reviews)
- "Poor management and not very organized." (in 698 reviews)
- "At least the good managers I've worked for believed that and it seemed to work for them... until they were run out." (in 318 reviews)
- "Little and poor training." (in 270 reviews)
- "Upper management is poor with a lot of VPs burning budgets and acting as dead weight." (in 213 reviews)
- "We have literally begged Senior Leadership for more help to reduce caseloads and improve compliance." (in 204 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of UnitedHealth Group and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Dec 5, 2023Senior Employee Relations AnalystFormer Employee
Everyone works hard. Fast paced. Continuous improvement focus:
Heavy workload volume. Challenging to manage competing priorities
- 3.0Dec 4, 2023Intake CoordinatorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSan Antonio, TX
Skill building Connections/networking Opportunity to grow
Your time is extremely micromanaged
- 4.0Dec 4, 2023Customer Service AdvocateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearTampa, FL
Working from home is a perk
A lot of responsibilities where they want you to do multiple roles for the same base pay, not much flexibility,
- 3.0Dec 3, 2023Registered NurseCurrent Employee
Good compensation Good health reward program
Direct supervisor not qualified ot have any further education to be in a leadership role. Very hight turn around in nurses Call volume to high with huge time constraints.
- 3.0Dec 1, 2023Senior AccountantFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsCypress, CA
Good benefits, good company, ability to work in office or remote
Depends on your manager, if you get a bad one, everything will go south.
- 5.0Nov 30, 2023Sr Pharmacy AuditorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearHouston, TX
Awesome team & upper management
Demanding & quality requirements - not much trust in employees
- 3.0Nov 30, 2023Tele-Sales AgentFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Good benefits and compensation/incentive's. Overall good cultural ambience.
Managers not proactively with employees. Not work and life balance.UnitedHealth Group Response5d
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments will help us to assess our processes and make any necessary adjustments for improvement! Please know that we are constantly working towards providing our employees with a healthy work-life balance!
- 3.0Nov 30, 2023Billing SpecialistCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Benefits are fine. Training is okay. Management is kind hearted and caring.
Biggest problem I’ve run into is that they won’t show you what mistakes you make. They just correct them then have a team meeting discussing the mistakes to watch for. Pay is mediocre and not worth the amount of work they pile on you. Plus you’re expected to take phone calls throughout the day while processing all of your work from your own book of business. Some people get several groups with only a few people while others get huge groups with THOUSANDS of people and are just expected to keep up. They say to reach out for help but make you feel bad about doing so. There is zero opportunity for advancement unless you move to a different department and even then there isn’t a guarantee. Overall this company just isn’t worth the stress. I’m actively trying to leave and I haven’t even been here long.UnitedHealth Group Response5d
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments will help us to assess our processes and make any necessary adjustments for improvement!
UnitedHealth Group Reviews FAQs
UnitedHealth Group has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 16,388 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at UnitedHealth Group to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
71% of UnitedHealth Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated UnitedHealth Group 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.