UnitedHealth Group Reviews in Wauwatosa, WI | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Severance package"

Former Employee - Member Advocate Associate in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Member Advocate Associate in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at UnitedHealth Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, work/family balance, option to work from home is a plus! Ability to transfer within the company

Cons

Our position was eliminated & management told us we would receive "about $1,000 per year that you worked". We didn't get near that amount. Former managers wouldn't help us find other employment within the company and that is so disappointing. I've always had great things to say about UHC/UHG, but that was a low blow.

2. "Member Advocate"

Current Employee - Member Advocate in Wauwatosa, WI
    Current Employee - Member Advocate in Wauwatosa, WI

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The culture is great at United Healthcare. The employee morale is pretty good and a nice atmosphere to work in.

Cons

Because of the largeness of the company, it can a lot longer for processes to get corrected. Opportunity to grow can be a bit challenging.

Advice to Management

None.

"Customer service rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wauwatosa, WI

Pros

Talking to nice people on the phone. Working with nice co-workers.

Cons

Doing the same thing everyday.

Advice to Management

They don't talk to you one on one. Everything is IM or emIL

"Been there for a long time currently under Optum Insight division."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There used to be good reason to work here, although benefits and pay were not the greatest the flexible work schedules was worth staying around for. Unfortunately all the meaningful perks are being taken away which leaves low pay and minimal benefits not as appealing.

Cons

Micro managed to the hilt. Now implementing spy ware on every computer. Work from home perks a few days a week were greatly appreciated for years, but upper management is taking that away even though profits have been record breaking. Wish management would consider how the cost of driving into the office a few extra days a week while gas prices continue to rise will impact the pocket books of all these underpaid employees. Raises seem to come biannually and typically less then two percent when they do come. Management is oppressive, employees are not treated respectfully.

Advice to Management

Managers get off your high horses and open your eyes. Employees that are treated respectfully will work harder and smarter. Stop thinking you are better than the people you manage. High turnover of employees is not a good sign.

"Help me to have more experience supporting a Executives"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the people in my department gave me reason to smile and want to help and/or assist them with daily issues. They always showed appreciation with email or peer awards.

Cons

I feel upper management needed some serious communication classes. Because their people skills leaved a lot to be desired. It was a do as I say, not as I do mentality. This is never good.

Advice to Management

Please treat your employees the way you would want to be treated. And please remember, just because you have a higher level position, It doesn't give you the right to feel you are better. We all come from the same source, and we are all human beings!!

6. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

UHC has many employee perks and bonuses. I enjoy being recognized for the hard work that I do on a daily basis.

Cons

I am not satisfied with the monopolization that go on in many large corporations. For instance, if they need to save money or cut costs, upper management find ways to not give employees raises.

Advice to Management

It's good to bring innew employees and make them feel at home but don't forget about or leave out the employees that have bene here longer.

"It's all about the numbers."

Current Employee - Claims Processor in Wauwatosa, WI

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great flexibility and time off!

Cons

Quality and production or you're out the door. This company cannot keep supervisors and we watch them come and go. I've watched at least 30 people get fired or quit in the last 5 years and I've been left to regret wasting my time with this company. The whole system is a mess. The new people coming in are not trained to do much at all and it has caused much discontent. Training is horrible. Quality gives "errors" for the most ridiculous situations that have no impact on the payment of a claim. A lot of times Quality makes mistakes when giving "errors" and this could cost someone their job. I would not want a family member or good friend to take this job. Run as fast as you can in the other direction!

8. "Good In the Beginning"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, fair pay, and respect if you have a good manager.

Cons

They tend to hire managers who act very favorably, and they do not like to handle transfers from salespeople. If you are in sales, forget about getting another job within the company.

Advice to Management

Please hire management that can work with all employees, not just the golden children.

"Not happy here"

Current Employee - Claims Processor in Wauwatosa, WI

Pros

Very flexible schedule, generous vacation, office is nice, people are friendly

Cons

Low pay, Health insurance for employees is low-grade, no where to "move up", no jobs to transfer to, they work you hard and then ask for more. New system "upgrade" has pushed employees to the end of their ropes because of inability to produce the work that is demanded.

Advice to Management

Stop working us to death! This is a healthcare company afterall!

Showing 9 of 6,644 reviews