UnitedLex Reviews in Gurgaon, Haryana | Glassdoor

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

3.3
Daniel Reed

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • good company and laid-back work environment (in 11 reviews)

• This position had OK pay (particularly if you worked overtime) and flexible hours (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • A Document Review Attorney is never given any positive feedback (in 6 reviews)

• Temporary position only, no benefits or stability (in 4 reviews)

1. "senior associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

autonomy, good for improving the technical skills

Cons

work load, no work life balance, politics

Advice to Management

invest more in employees growth

Apr 6, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time out and writing this comment. We appreciate the constructive feedback and will continue to identify areas to improve on as a company.

2. "You will get Lollipops instead of appraisals"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at UnitedLex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Good Les-Fiesta events.
    2. Cab service is provided by company.
    3. Salaries paid on time

Cons

Firstly I need to highlight that Unitedlex do a lot in branding Unitedlex and sister company I runway. They have a team which manage the social network of the company. I saw that they literally plan fake comments on their blogs etc and make their own employees to write reviews on their own websites and social networking websites like linkedin and even glass door to brand their company. People may say its a marketing strategy but this is a big con in my opinion.

No increment or promotions in Trademarks team. Only thing management provide is a Lollipop instead of appraisal.

Advice to Management

Please enhance your trademark team by providing them good appraisals and opportunities.

3. "Do not recommend"

Former Employee - Associate - Patent Engineering in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Associate - Patent Engineering in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at UnitedLex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. L&D team is very good.

2. Good culture for having communication at skip level. Often Global COO Pavan Vaish connect with people to make them know the company's goals and long objectives.

3. HR is helpful, but a bit slow in processing.

Cons

I had 2 year tenure with ULX during this time I saw various negatives which me and my coworkers faced in Mechanical Team faced in IP team.

1. Managers in Mechanical team dont treat people good. They dont respect people and often verbally threatens you and say wrong words.

2. Managers do nothing to help team, they spend whole day surfing on share market or shopping sale websites. If you complain about it at skip level, they personally hit you by canceling your leaves and other personal attacks.

3. People donot provide opportunities for growth. You need to take initiatives else no development.

4. They dont find the experts to do a job. No plannings in work. Often electronics engineers do work of mechanical branch and vice versa. Which leads to low quality delivered to the client.

5. They only think of increasing work volumes and not on delivery quality output to clients. People not having expertise are forced to do low quality work.

6. Transport is not good. Drivers use phones driving on highways and still no actions taken by dept.

7. Unethical personal comments are passed by people on floor and management still does nothing even if it is reported as POSH incident.

8. People often threaten you indirectly.

9. Managers leaves are not tracked and un availability of managers on a particular day is not told to the team.

Advice to Management

Take strict actions against such manager by teaching them behavioral skills and give them some work to do because i observed they have time to spend on share markets but not to help the team.

4. "Good company to work with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

- accept ideas and gives space
    - good benefits
    - professionalism

Cons

- growth and career opportunities

Mar 3, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for sharing such positive feedback and highlighting the great company culture that UnitedLex is proud to offer. We appreciate the constructive feedback as well and will continue to identify... More

5. "OK"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at UnitedLex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Working Environment, Good transport facility, flexible working hours

Cons

Needs to take care of the compensation aspects

Advice to Management

Please pay your employees the salary they deserve.

Jan 5, 2017 – Human Resources

6. "Good Experience, low to moderate Work-life balance basis job role, additional facilities very basic"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at UnitedLex (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open culture, helpful environment, open to initiatives

Cons

Monotonous job after 1 year of working, Compensation strategy is very conservative and below company standards, employee retention is not up-to-the-mark

Jan 5, 2017 – Human Resources

"N/a"

Former Employee - Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at UnitedLex full-time

Pros

Good enviorment , learning and wide range of technology

Cons

Lesser options in IT because lob is different and business as well

Advice to Management

Develop more oppurtunities and skill enhancment options.

8. "The best company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at UnitedLex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A brilliant company to work with

Cons

No issue faced so far.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Nov 6, 2016 – Human Resources

Thanks for offering such positive feedback and highlighting the great company culture that UnitedLex is proud to offer. We appreciate the constructive feedback as well and will continue to identify... More

9. "Happy with my job"

Former Employee - Manager Lit Support in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Manager Lit Support in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at UnitedLex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. A company that actually cares about employees.
    2. HODs and top management are amazing leaders. Always something you can pick up from them just by observation.
    3. Great facility and top end infrastructure. Very supportive shared services.
    4. A company growing consistently, they are someone to watch out for in the Lit Support market.
    5. If you know how to remain free from politics, work hard, do a decent job, and respect your colleagues, chances are that you will be recognized and slotted for growth

Cons

Not great paymasters to most folks. I personally have no complaints, but people who have been in the organization for a long time have salaries below market levels. So, loyalty doesn't always pay here. All types of efforts are made to control attrition and keep people happy, except loosen the purse strings. The LS department churns fantastic revenue but profits are not shared with employees though employees really slog it.

Advice to Management

Send more work to India and enjoy the margins. Then loosen the purse strings - it's about time. Take a hard look at some bad apples.

10. "Go at ur own risk"

I worked at UnitedLex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They arrange team offsite and parties from time to time

Cons

I worked with Unitedlex for 2 years and i must say that join this company at ur own risk. Favouritism is common practice and u have to deal it in every area. U will be promised for your needs but that are just promises.