Unitrends Reviews | Glassdoor

Unitrends Reviews

Updated September 7, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Fast paced, get it done culture (in 14 reviews)

• Unitrends is a great place to be and I don (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The previous management team I worked with was great (in 9 reviews)

• Can be stressful and require long hours and weekends, especially at the end of a release cycle (in 6 reviews)

"Growing, challenging, and plenty of opportunity"

I have been working at Unitrends full-time

Pros

I've been at Unitrends for a few years. I've seen great times and tough times. That said, the best part about the company is that it has always provided a very dynamic environment for professional growth, even during the tough times. If you are motivated and put in the work, you will definitely get opportunities to take on new challenges and develop much faster than you would at other companies. At Unitrends, ambition gets recognized and rewarded. Additionally, the company has a high level of transparency. I find that helps a lot when it comes to the success of a company. Being in the dark is never a good thing. I think that's been a big part of the company's major growth recently as well - people understand issues and get on the same page to address them very quickly.

Cons

If you need a ton of structure to do your job, this may not be the place for you. People are always willing to help, but you can't sit back and wait for it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum.

"Great company to work for."

I have been working at Unitrends full-time

Pros

This is an Ever changing, nonstop environment. Here you will have lots of fun, get your toes wet with ALL environments, large, small, Windows, Mac, Linux, iSeries, etc. If you are someone with a ton of experience, you will still be challenged everyday with new problems to solve, and if you are green, with no experience, you will have one of the best opportunities to learn from the best in the industry, all while having a lot of fun. We have great customer Satisfaction, because we work in a fantastic environment.

Cons

I have been here through the big growth periods, and I have been here through the down to the right size times. I have seen a few managers, that were not great managers, but on the bright side, the bad managers didn't last long either.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, and listen to great leaders like Terri Cross.

3. "Fantastic Move"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Unitrends full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced collaborative environment with smart and seasoned leaders.
    Egos have been checked at the door. The company doesn't have time for that.
    Opportunity to grow and contribute to the company's success.
    Dynamic and stimulating

Cons

The benefits are not on par with Silicon Valley companies.

Advice to Management

Maintain and grow! The ingredients that you have are great with dedicated people and strong products.

4. "By God, the Ship is Turning! (Sales)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Unitrends full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very flat management/leadership structure. Easy to get personal attention from management, VPs, even C-Level employees to further your own development. Every person you work with is personally invested in helping you succeed.
    The product is strong and the confidence that what you are selling will work and be support is invaluable.
    Rapid growth leads to big opportunities quickly for people who bring their A game daily.

Cons

Small organization in growth mode=poorly defined processes and situational uncertainty. Things aren't set in stone which means often times if you have a problem, you're expected to be a part of the solution because nobody has noticed it before.

Advice to Management

Communicate to your personnel when challenges appear, communicate growth plans and what that means for your personnel. Make sure everyone has a stake in the growth we are all working for.

"Work Hard, but play harder"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Unitrends full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You have access to so many different technologies at this job. There is schedule flexibility, and if you thrive on stress, you'll be right at home. Yes, there might be a lot of change, but I believe we're just trying to get back to our "why"

Cons

If you cannot handle shuffling many different things at the same time; if you do not work well in a metric-centric environment, and you find it hard to work collaboratively with many Teams within the company, then Unitrends will not be a place for you.

Advice to Management

Please assist rookie managers on how they can succeed. They might not need a complete hand-holding, but provide leadership and direction in helping them be successful.

6. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Unitrends full-time

Pros

I recently joined Unitrends and have immediately found it a place where alignment and collaboration are just not given lip service. The management team really seems to be on the same page and try to be as transparent as possible. Lot's of energy on the sales floor. Company is set up for growth this year.

Cons

Company is split between 2 operation centers - MA and SC.

7. "Good place to work and up and coming company"

I have been working at Unitrends full-time

Pros

Great perks and very friendly employees great product

Cons

Communication between departments and QA of the product needs more review as too many issues are getting through to the customers.

Advice to Management

too many issues are going through with the agent based backups and QA needs to push back more to development. Improve communication and flow between departments.

8. "Great people!"

I have been working at Unitrends full-time

Pros

Good bunch of folks, nice perks, great products and technology.

Cons

We have had many management changes.

"Great!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Unitrends full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is great. Everybody is very upbeat and really wants all their peers and the company to succeed. Not your typical backup company culture.

Cons

The office space is not anything cutting edge. Still a cube farm, hasn't yet embraced the open style most tech companies are moving towards these days.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. This company is definitely trending in the right direction. I think the sky is the limit.

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Onboarding Coordinator in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Onboarding Coordinator in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Unitrends full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team oriented, Care about employees, makes work fun, very serious about the customer, dress code is relaxed, Happy Hour

Cons

Lots of hands off training.

Advice to Management

Include more training for customer service and case management.