Unity Technologies Reviews

Unity Technologies CEO John Riccitiello
John Riccitiello
  1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"Best place I've ever worked."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

I have been working at Unity Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at Unity for a while now and I still feel the same now as I always have done. The recruitment process was like none I've ever experienced before - my recruiter was amazing, she was truly faultless and then everyone else I met along the way was (and still are) so welcoming, friendly and attentive. As for perks, the company provides more benefits than I know what to do with, honestly, I don't even know where to start there.... I was incredibly impressed with their response to the recent pandemic; which was to ensure employee's put themselves and their families first - while providing everything necessary to work from home comfortably for the foreseeable future, rather than jumping back into the office as soon as they could. They genuinely care, which is a first in my employment history and quite a rarity in general. I have nothing but good things to say about this company and those who work there. And everyone I talk to about my work, immediately want to work here too.

Cons

They're feeders and I don't know how to say no to food.

June 15, 2020

Thanks so much for the feedback! We appreciate you sharing your experience on the recruitment, company culture during this difficult time, and of course the food. Have a great day!

2. "Good experience"

Current Employee - Backend Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Unity Technologies full-time

Pros

Free food, great experience, environment

Cons

Teams communication could be better

3. "Energy and Growth"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst

I have been working at Unity Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

From Day 1, I felt welcome and a part of a team with a shared mission. I feel invigorated everyday to sign in and continue making some big contributions for the team. I feel my voice is heard, and just an awesome group of people to work with everyday. We continue to strive to refine and it feels good to work at a company that truly values employees (even if the hours can be long, it never feels that way).

Cons

The company is moving with an incredible amount of velocity, it can be exhausting trying to keep up, but again as a pro, it is invigorating and exciting at the same time.

July 27, 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and it's great to hear the positive words around your onboarding into Unity. The Unity Team

4. COVID-19

"Great culture, great people, great technology"

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Unity Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really wants to solve the hard problems. Jumped on the challenges of Covid-19 and worked to enable the entire company rapidly, rather than try and force people to stay at the office. Very engaged leadership, and a vision of the future of content development that I wish was around when I started my career.

Cons

Growing fast, so communication can be a challenge, and being spread over so many times zones can make some serious scheduling headaches. Despite that, people are genuinely accommodating and eager to try and compromise to make the complex schedules work so people can have the discussion, make the decisions, and get back to the business of making our product.

July 27, 2020

Hearing from our employees is really important to us, so thank you for taking the time to leave such considered feedback. The Unity Team

5. "An innovative, fast paced and exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer

I have been working at Unity Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Autonomy, exciting technology, relaxed and respectful culture. Focus on building the best in class solutions.

Cons

Employees who can take charge and work well from their own initiative will thrive here. Unity does not operate with the rigid constraints and processes you may find at other large organizations. This may be challenging to some people who look for a more structure.

July 29, 2020Global Recruiting Program Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback! Glad to have you on the team. - The Unity Team

6. COVID-19

"Couldn't have asked for a better company to work for! Great place to grow your career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Unity Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unity really cultivates a collaborative and supportive environment for all employees. The work is really interesting, management and leadership team is flexible (especially the way they dealt with COVID & WFH situation) and is very encouraging to their teams. The leadership team really lives the Unity values and is reflected is the way they lead & act. Everyone works hard but still maintains a level of work-life balance and is supportive of your personal situations. The company is growing so fast, and there are so many opportunities at the company. I am so glad and thankful to be with such a high potential company!

Cons

Really cannot think of anything negative!

July 29, 2020

We really appreciate hearing from our employees so thank you very much for taking the time to share this with us! The Unity Team

7. "A company honest with its employees"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Unity Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unity is the most diverse company I've worked with, and being a place with both global outreach and stability for its employees its an awesome place to work. I have opportunities to be creative, but I also know what my primary responsibilities are.

Cons

The company is very flat, which leads to a lot of confusion.

July 29, 2020

Feedback is really important to us so thank you for sharing this with us The Unity Team

8. "Great Company All Around"

Current Employee - Localization Project Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Unity Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great compensation Good company culture Holidays Flexibility for working parents

Cons

Work/Life Balance is tough to achieve in a company that is constantly growing

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. The Unity Team

9. "Dream company!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Unity Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Highly talented co-workers, learning a lot Great work-life balance Amazing company benefits Free lunch, snacks and drinks Awesome intern program This is my dream company and dream job!

Cons

Lower pay compared to other companies in my location

July 27, 2020

It's great to hear such positive feedback, so thank you for taking the time to share this. The Unity Team

10. "A Big Indie"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager

I have been working at Unity Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best work/life balance in the technology industry!

Cons

Processes needing to grow with the size of the company.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! The Unity Team