Found 108 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "People are great and supportive towards each other." (in 129 reviews)
- "Great Benefits and flexi working" (in 125 reviews)
- "If you're looking for great culture and a company you can believe in Unity is the place for you!" (in 106 reviews)
- "good work/life balance" (in 46 reviews)
- "• I had a an amazing project for the summer and my team was great" (in 42 reviews)
- "Poor management due to lack of direction and plans." (in 51 reviews)
- "Bad leadership, especially in IT" (in 39 reviews)
- "4 rounds of layoffs 2022" (in 31 reviews)
- "Bad managers and everyone is leaving because of it especially in Engineering." (in 21 reviews)
- "As some comments mentioned, the upper management doesn't set a clear goal with expectations, and then it leads to ugly politics as if every team's goal is to look after themselves and maximize their territory." (in 20 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Unity and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "great benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Nov 29, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 year
- Great benefits and perks. Strong product with lots of future use case. Talented team of individual contributors (ICs). Great interview and onboarding experience
- Poor communication and vision from all levels of management, including C-Suite. Terrible management who hire further terrible management; a lot of managers don't know what their team is doing nor do they provide any help or assistance, but put blame on their ICs when things go wrong. Lots of favoratism on the business/sales side. Careless HR in some regions who turn a blind eye to unethical issues and poor employee treatment, forcing employees to "solve it on your own" or "just deal with it". Greatly understaffed, with lots of programs and teams constantly being cut with no communication or plan1
- 5.0Sep 28, 2020Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBrighton, England
- Unity really cares for the employees. There are great benefits and a real sense of togetherness - Best ideas win- a value that Unity lives out. We're encouraged to bring new ideas to the table, regardless of position, seniority, time in the company etc, - Colleagues are empowering and inspiring - Transparency in the company has continued through it's growth - Individual career growth and development is huge. We're encouraged to grow our skill set and explore areas of interest to us
- Sometimes global meetings happen out of regular working hours (but these do not happen too often)1Unity Response4y
Thank you for taking the time to share your review - it's great to see such positive feedback! The Unity Team.
- 2.0May 8, 2023Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee
Gaming industry. Latest technology. Great people. Good recognition. Benefits are OK.
Salary reviews delayed and poor despite performance and inflation. Constant rounds of redundancies, each stating to be the last. Leadership totally disconnected from reality with return to office plan. No job security as working hard means nothing, just make sure you go to the office lots. Benefits used to be great but stocks are worth very little and other benefits are regularly dropped. Reorgs are so frequent you tend to tune out. Management talk about empathy and understanding but show none.4
- 3.0Sep 13, 2023Senior RecruiterFormer Employee, less than 1 yearVancouver, BC
-Great Benefits and flexi working -Competent Hiring Managers -Standardized interview process -Great products
-Over expansion led to huge layoffs -Team Culture -Communication from the top -Too many factions within the various orgs/subsidiaries2
- 2.0Sep 11, 2023Senior Technical Program ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
- The core product is good - Great benefits (at least in 2022) - I had a pretty good time at the company before covid and various org changes, I had some nice colleagues. - Got to work on some cool projects and release some really nice things with my team
- Salaries were wildly different even in the same salary band with no explanation from HR or management (I did try to get one when I found out). - A lot of internal politics, a lot of managers with visions of products they abandoned as soon as they got a better position, which left their teams to deal with unsuccessful projects that eventually got scrapped - Not a lot of focus on core product or what made Unity successful, a lot of hype chasing with vague ideas and visions of the next new thing that never really materializes - I was part of one of the 2022 layoffs. The company attempted to "rehome" us. They claimed around 50% were rehomed, but any interview with internal teams was like interviewing as an external applicant. None of the hiring managers looked at actual work I had done in the company, and after two months(!) of stalling, I was told nobody could use me. The "rehoming" experience felt so much worse than being laid off, I truly felt disrespected on a personal level due to the vague feedback and the very long timeline that kept me hoping/on the hook. I never want to work here again after that treatment.4
- 4.0May 25, 2022Developer Support EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Great technology and promising tool chest Great benefits package and medical
Dysfunction and toxic leadership Disconnected from realities of industry Bait and switch tactics Below industry market ratesUnity Response2y
Thank you for sharing your feedback. The Unity Team.
- 3.0May 27, 2023ProducerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsCopenhagen, Capital Region
- Has great benefits and stocks by default for employees.
- Lack of transparency about company goals. - Lack of Management communication.1
- 5.0Sep 28, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBellevue, WA
- Outstanding work environment and culture - Sense of 'unity' amongst employees- the people really want to keep the good culture going - Encourages transparency and empowers to give feedback to anyone- regardless of job level - Genuine excitement for the company's technology amongst peers - Tech company culture without toxicity or elitists - Highly values work-life balance and great benefits to help ensure it - Company is large, but still in the growing stages to offer room for growth and experimentation - Amazing office amenities that are under constant review to make it better
- Slight growing pains coming from rapid growth (some benefit programs are still in process of being revamped) - Company is working on a lot of process/program/system improvements but sometimes it can be difficult to see immediate changes
- 3.0Jun 18, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeSingapore
Well known brand in the gaming industry. Used to have great benefits (although many of them have been removed / reduced).
Restructuring post-merger, uncertainty of job security from multiple rounds of layoffs and questionable decisions made by management is causing many teams across business units to suffer from poor morale.2
- 3.0Jul 8, 2021Governance Risk and Compliance AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAustin, TX
The people at unity are awesome and always willing to help. Unity has great benefits and encourages a home/work balance.
The pay is not at market level for a lot of positions which causes an increased turn around in the employment.3Unity Response3y
Thank you for sharing this with us. Hearing from our employees is really important to us, and we appreciate the time taken to leave this. The Unity Team.