Univera Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bill Lee

1. "The best co-workers in the business."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Univera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are what make this a great place to work. The health and wellness benefits are absolutely outstanding and inexpensive to the employee, and I very much appreciate the flexibility and work life balance offered as well.

Cons

This is a multi-level marketing business, and we have valued associates working for us selling our products through self-employment. I think a lot of the reviews prior to this one are from those individuals and may or may not be a reflection on what it's actually like to work for Univera. I think the actual employees would say the con of working here is that some of the managers make them feel as if they are replaceable. When everyone else knows they are not!

2. "Job Experience"

Current Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA

Pros

Great working environment and Great People!!

Cons

Nothing I could be complaining about!

3. "Don't"

Former Employee - Not Provided in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Not Provided in Seattle, WA

I worked at Univera (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was a good company previously.

Cons

This is a poor time to join Univera. The company is in serious financial straits and management is panicked.

Advice to Management

Face reality, close the doors, start over.

5. "Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Univera (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extraordinary health benefits with this innovative company, whose natural, plant-based products are grown, researched, manufactured and distributed on a foundation of solid science. Community is stellar, REAL people and REAL LEADERS~high, high purpose, vision, and leadership. People in the videos are not actors! They actually use the products.

Get paid to be in the driver's seat of your own health and well-being, and share the message with your community. Leverage the wholesome goodness of a global leader in regenerative nutrition and bio-available, scientifically proven botanicals and nutriceuticals. Univera provides products in accordance with FDA standards, even though they are not required by law to do so. Get results you can see, feel and measure. Call me (Sue) if interested: 301-537-3586.

Cons

I can't think of any, except that it is not a "get rich quick" program, which is a good thing, not a "con".

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Love the innovative way you are helping us share Univera on our devices!

6. "Possibly the most socially conscious, financially fortified, beneficial health and wellness company on the planet"

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Univera part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get paid to get healthy and support others to do the same while you and they build your business/es with conscious, like minded leaders who have their heads and hearts connected to a vision of wellness and prosperity for the planet.

Cons

Only that it takes a motivated person, like anything, to succeed. It's not magic--you have to invest yourself--your time, your energy, your emotional well-being, your vision for a better way to live and work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Keep innovating new products like you are, keep finding ways to price products for motivated associates to prosper, keep expanding globally and make more presentations available through UniveraTV! Thank you for everything!

7. "IT Infrastructure Support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Univera full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance. Health conscious company and employees. The vast majority of employees are friendly and easy to work with. Profitability appears to be heading in the right direction.

Cons

Management is somewhat detached. Private foreign (Korean) ownership makes future company direction more difficult to discern.

Advice to Management

Be a bit more visible to employees.

8. "Life changing products, culture of service and helping each other succeed!"

Current Employee - Sales in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales in Portland, OR

I have been working at Univera part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Helping others look, feel and perform better at any age! Network Marketing at its best!

Cons

Simple but not easy. This takes work. Who do you know that wants to succeed?

"If you like constant upheaval, this is your spot."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lacey, WA

Pros

Good benefits
    Great people at the worker level

Cons

Executive management has no clue how to chart a positive course and stick to it
    Low pay for workers, high pay for execs
    Constant change without thought and analysis
    Old boys in charge

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers, leave your egos at the door. Get rid of execs and managers who have not and cannot help the company to succeed. Even if they are your buddies.

10. "Best Home Based Business I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Pros

Extra income working from home with kids

Cons

Can't work with person who brought me into biz, the next person up is highest level and really busy.

11. "\Management rules thrown out the window"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lacey, WA

Pros

Quite a few dedicated employees working for the cause. Very knowledgeable staff in certain areas. Good benefits. All employee level staff are dedicated.

Cons

Take out all the management rules you've heard and throw them out. Micro Management abounds, Bad Communication between departments/executives/companies. Ineffective managers are left in place and the sufficating politics have led to turnover after turnover of complete departments.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees rather than following a strict chain of command. The chain of command only works wonders when the chain communicates the actual happenings on the ground. When the Directors do not communicate the true nature of the ground issues, the chain of command fails, as does the company.