Univers Workplace Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Gregory J. Morano

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Enrolling people who call YOU on the phone for a great pay (in 7 reviews)

• The hourly pay is competetive in the contract industry (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Do not expect to stay as a full time employee (in 7 reviews)

• Unless you have friends and family or you know the ceo, you will not be working for univers for a long period of time (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Benefit Counselor in Hammonton, NJ
    Current Employee - Benefit Counselor in Hammonton, NJ

I have been working at Univers Workplace Solutions part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company provide good training, facilities to transferring to one place to another, provide assistant when employees need.

Cons

Be moving to different states for certain period of time.

Advice to Management

Good standards.

2. "Insurance Benefits Enroller"

Former Employee - Insurance Broker in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Insurance Broker in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Univers Workplace Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Univers is a great company to work for. Very professional and organized for this type of work

Cons

I don't like call centers, which that tried to assign me at times

3. "Insurance Enrollment Company"

Former Employee - Benefits Counselor in Irvine, CA

I worked at Univers Workplace Solutions part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can take a job offered or wait for another assignment. Also can choose your hours on most cases. The loved all the people I worked with. Great environment.

Cons

Company enrollment center moved to Florida and only travel jobs are available. Hard to move up in the company.

Advice to Management

Advance your hard workers who are always on top of their product knowledge, dependable and want to see the company succeed.

4. "very employee friendly"

Former Employee - Benefits Counselor in Irvine, CA

I worked at Univers Workplace Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

employee friendly, flexible timing, great working environment,

Cons

limited full time jobs available

"Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Perpetual Benefit Counselor in Hammonton, NJ
    Former Employee - Perpetual Benefit Counselor in Hammonton, NJ

I worked at Univers Workplace Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is not bad at all if you live near by.

Cons

This place reminds me of a frat house. No room to excel unless you are related or know someone and they take a liking to you. Your work ethic means nothing if you are not liked enough. Enrollment MNGRS know less than counselors which is mind boggling. its really uncomfortable place to work as favoritism is the key tool used for all aspects of the workplace including hiring and firing.

Advice to Management

Hopefully AON will Change workplace environment and good employees who don't go to make friends but actually work get a chance to excel. Retraining from top to bottom. You need to place people in positions that they earn not because they are your cousin or because they are your neighbors. I saw a lot of great employees leave due to this unfairness.

6. "Very good over all"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hammonton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hammonton, NJ

I have been working at Univers Workplace Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay very well and for everything travel wise

Cons

It's seasonal and your away from family

"Such an awesome company to work for!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hammonton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hammonton, NJ

I worked at Univers Workplace Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

The office environment at Univers is second to none. Louie Pantalone is the absolutely friendliest and most down to earth person I have ever worked around - and he's an executive! He treats everyone like they're members of his family, remembering individual details and making a personal relationship with even the newest employees. I have never worked at any other company with a VP like him. Directors and managers are just as friendly and approachable, and it is never uncomfortable to drop by someone's office with a question or just to say hi.

The company has employee appreciation month, holiday parties, recognizes birthdays...overall treats everyone as a genuine person and not just a body around the office. Managers are very hands off and allow for a lot of your own initiative, but when you need them they'll work right along side of you without making it seem inconvenient. No one is breathing down your neck and managers actually recognize extra effort and take the time to thank you for it. The work can be challenging but it is very rewarding.

Annual bonus plus generous PTO days and paid holidays, plus most employees have the ability to work from home every now and then in the case of bad weather or family illness. Incredibly understanding staff and great atmosphere. The work/life balance is unmatched. Blue jean Fridays and summer dress code are nice perks. I don't see how anyone could be unhappy working at a company like Univers.

Cons

The office doesn't ever really close or open late for bad weather (but as I mentioned, many positions are able to work from home when the roads are dangerous so it is not really much of a negative). There is always a lot of work to be done which can sometimes feel overwhelming, but if its too much to handle managers will redistribute responsibilities among others to get it done. When staff shortages occur the company puts temps in place which normally lack the same passion and drive that permanent employees have, and this can make it a little difficult for regular staff to manage. Not many opportunities for advancement at first.

Advice to Management

Never stop promoting a open, friendly environment!

8. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Univers Workplace Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours to accommodate work life balance. Challenging work, never boring.

Cons

Sr. Leadership rarely follows through on doing what they say they are going to do. Much of middle management is selling a down stream message that may or may not be true.

Client side execution is sub-par.

Old school leadership styles; non-collaborative; Do what you are told and don’t ask hard questions.

Advice to Management

Listen more, speak less, consider feedback as viable.

9. "Excellent Company"

Pros

Close knit company with great staff. Everyone is very friendly and willing to go out of their way to help others. There are always new opportunities opening up as the company continues to grow. Very flexible with scheduling ensuring a healthy work/life balance. Highly recommended!

Cons

I have not experienced any cons working with Univers.

10. "Benefits Counselor"

Former Employee - Benefits Counselor in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Benefits Counselor in Maitland, FL

Pros

For the most part they do not micro-manage you. You can pretty much decide when your two 15 minute breaks are. Everyone is very friendly and it has a positive vibe.

Cons

Be prepared to learn different systems very quickly. That's not a big con but just warning the people that don't learn systems fast. Do not expect to stay as a full time employee. Almost everyone stays as seasonal. Even people that have going back for four or five years still do not get selected to stay full time.

Univers Workplace Solutions Response

Jan 25, 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review, we are glad you had a positive experience with us this year!
    We do encourage all of our on-call counselors to apply for permanent positions when you see them available... More