Universal Business Team Reviews | Glassdoor

Universal Business Team Reviews

Updated Oct 6, 2019

4.5
Universal Business Team CEO Caleb Hall (no image)
Caleb Hall
Pros
  • "Our first strategic pillar at UBT is Customer First(in 21 reviews)

• "The offices are really 'state of the art' and with a canteen serving free lunches every day, it's a pretty good environment(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Unless you are a male community member, or a male non-(in 8 reviews)

• "Community members do not care at all about non community members(in 6 reviews)

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Universal Business Team full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love working for a global company, you feel part of a HUGE organization. No day is ever the same. You do not fear to share your ideas as you know they will be considered. No hierarchy!

Cons

This isn't really a con, but if you want to work 8am-5pm then I wouldn't consider a global organization.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, great employer!

Universal Business Team2019-06-26

July 18, 2019Communications Manager

Thank you very much for taking the time out to let us know what you think of working at UBT. We really appreciate your feedback. It's certainly true that no two days are the same at UBT!

2. "UBT a great place to work and thrive!"

Current Employee - Regional General Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Universal Business Team full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

UBT is such an amazing place to work and prosper, the very collaborative global team makes for great career continued learning and personal advancement, the whole team is committed to wellbeing and ready to support and help at anytime.

Cons

Cant think of any downsides!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great support network to us regional guys that are boots on the ground!

Universal Business Team2019-06-26

July 18, 2019Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think of working at UBT. We really appreciate your feedback. After all - we couldn't be a truly global business without the dedication and support of our people in the regions!

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Unethical Company"

Customer Service Representative in Ridgefield Park, NJ

I worked at Universal Business Team for less than a year

Pros

Most of the employees are nice.

Cons

Managment decided to terminate me while I was sick in the hospital. Their reason was because my doctor didnt specify my illness!! Unbelievable no mercy, sympathy, and ethics.

Universal Business Team2019-02-22

March 21, 2019GM Communications

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience working at UBT. What you state and our understanding of what happened differ considerably. Whilst at UBT you were working through your probationary period as a new employee. You may recall there were several occasions when you were absent from work without explanation, and a time when you abandoned your employment with us by not turning up for work for 6 days. During this time we attempted on several occasions to get in touch with you because we were concerned about your well-being. You failed to return calls and gave no reason for your absence. We take great exception to your post and have responded in full, with the facts, to set the record straight.

"Make Sure You know what you are getting into"

I have been working at Universal Business Team full-time

Pros

Everyone is very nice...that is it

Cons

No bonuses, Very Religious, No Growth, Have a customers are king mentality even if they are wrong, Have to pretty much beg for a raise

Universal Business Team2018-07-01

July 26, 2018GM Communications

Hello, thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think about working at UBT. We are surprised by your views and would encourage you to speak to your HR Business Partner about reward and recognition and 'growth' if this comment relates to your career with us. We do believe our customers are 'king' - they are why we do what we do. As for religion, other than eating separately, Community members do not bring their religion into the workplace. If you are concerned about this please do speak to HR.

"Accounting Clerk"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Nutley, NJ

I worked at Universal Business Team full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is a non-for-profit company with a good work life balance, great team environment, nice location and office. Great benefits.

Cons

Sometimes working late and from home is expected, management from different time zones makes communication difficult, and decent turnover within the company.

Universal Business Team2018-06-19

June 25, 2018GM Communications

Hello, thank you for taking the time out to write your review, and glad to hear you like the work life balance and the team! Hope you're enjoying the new office in NJ.

7. "Excited to come to work everyday"

I have been working at Universal Business Team full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working in a global team is excellent, and i love it

Cons

There is a lot going on so if you are not up for a big work load it won't be a job for you, but if you are hard energetic worker - this is the place for you

Universal Business Team2018-02-20

February 21, 2018GM Communications

Just wanted to thank you for your comments. Really pleased to hear that you are enjoying the experience. It is a busy and exciting place to work .

"Don't even think about it"

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Universal Business Team full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some nice people Has growth potential if management wasn't so ridiculous with their juvenile thought and decision processes (if you can even call it a process).

Cons

Dysfunctional doesn't come close to describing this place. Upper 'management' severely inadequate and inexperienced. No direction. Senior management is unfocused, makes decisions to move forward on decisions because they are 'new and shiny' and not in the best long term interest of the company growth. Could be a great place

Advice to Management

Grow up! This is a real company with real peoples lives that are affected by your decisions. Don't treat people as if they're disposable, throwing them out when you make a rash/illogical decision to try a different direction - which changes on an almost daily basis.

Universal Business Team2015-01-09

""Danger Will Robinson". ...stay away..listen to your gut"

I have been working at Universal Business Team full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing. I honestly can't think of one nice thing...

Cons

People, management, culture, indecision, politics, sneakiness, something not right abt this org... Do your research abt this organization.they try to pass themselves as an organization trying to grow etc but it's a cover. There are underlying current of politics that are completely crazy. They treat the women in the organization in an extremely subservient manner...literally! There is no such thing as management.......no hr, no hr rules...everything a typical organization is used to. Decisions are by committee only and only after long time...

Universal Business Team2014-10-02
  10. "UBT -PN"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui

I have been working at Universal Business Team full-time for less than a year

Pros

UBT is a great place to work, the culture is awesome and the team I get to work with is amazing. UBT has looked after me very very well. There are plenty of opportunities to grow in your role as well as the chance to go into a different area of the business should the opportunity arise. I fully recommend this as a place to work for anyone who wants superior opportunity as well as the perks that come with the job. ... It is a corporate that has the feel of a smaller business

Cons

None that come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep up with what you're currently doing

Universal Business Team2019-10-07

October 17, 2019Communications Manager

Thank you very much for taking the time out to let us know what you think of working at UBT. We really appreciate your feedback. It's fantastic to hear that you're enjoying everything that makes UBT a great place to work!

11. "A company with a vision, great leadership and a culture of care"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Warwick, West Midlands, England

I have been working at Universal Business Team full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We are a global team that exists for the benefit of others, in our department our goal is to help our clients businesses grow. and ensure they increase both their business and family equity

Cons

There are no cons here

Advice to Management

Thank you for leading us, inspring us and caring for us ....

Universal Business Team2019-10-07