Universal Health Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Universal Health Services Reviews

Updated July 22, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company, very good benefits (in 16 reviews)

• Company cares about employees great benefits and pay (in 11 reviews)

"Beware RN's!!!"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Universal Health Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I honestly can't think of anything good to say at all. No, I'm not a disgruntled former employee. I was just shocked at how they treat the staff!!!

Cons

Very disorganized and unprofessional management, extremely poor to dangerous staffing ratio, the safety and welfare of staff is NOT a priority! Extremely high turnover as a result of all the above!

Advice to Management

Hire more staff, protect and advocate for your employees, and the supervisors should have to do more patient care so they have a more realistic attitude when it comes to expectations of the employees.

"Cool place"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Universal Health Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot from everyone

Cons

Never got yelled at from anyone

Advice to Management

None

"UBH Denton, Tx"

Former Employee - Registered Psych Nurse in Denton, TX
    Former Employee - Registered Psych Nurse in Denton, TX

I worked at Universal Health Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Started with UBH when it was run by another company. Starting wage was excellent. Have seen things go down hill since UHS started managing

Cons

Disorganized facility. Extremely poor orientation. Always short staffed, and UHS just keeps streamlining and cutting staff wherever they can. High turnover rate. Employees in positions that they are not qualified for.

Advice to Management

Tour some of your successful facilities, and transform the facilities that are failing. Invest a little bit in your product, and customer satisfaction will increase.
    It is time to move to electronic records.

4. "Loved the people I worked with!"

Former Employee - Student Life Counselor in Bonners Ferry, ID
    Former Employee - Student Life Counselor in Bonners Ferry, ID

I worked at Universal Health Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, loved working with the kids, overtime if I wanted it. I worked as a FLEX staff counselor at a boarding school for problem kids and it was the perfect arrangement. I could tell staff really cared and the kids were great!

Cons

Oftentimes we were understaffed and could have used an extra couple counselors.

"RN"

Former Employee - Critical Care RN in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Critical Care RN in Tampa, FL

I worked at Universal Health Services part-time

Pros

Friendly staff Most upper management cares about staff. Nursing supervisors are almost always willing to help. Many long term RN staff in critical care areas.

Cons

Patient staff ratios not always ideal. Develop resource pool of nurses to float to areas of need.
    Management worry about "scores" more than whats best for safe patient care.
    Never see Director of Nursing rounding on floors.
    Lack of education opportunities or required education other than computer generated annual competencies.

Advice to Management

Provide management training to clinical leaders and charge nurses. We are not trained in management. Difficult to find enough RN's to cover patients. Hire more CNA's and provide additional training to them so they can deliver good direct care so RN can manage larger patient load safely. Patients NEED direct care to feel cared about, valued and this shortens stay. Better outcomes, safety and better scores.

6. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Cashier in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Universal Health Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Potential for tuition assistance and progressive learning opportunities...IF you have regular access to a computer.

Cons

Extremely low pay, critically understaffed, so much that positions are overlapping in several areas, making everyone overwhelmed and exhaustively overworked. Meal times are far and few between.... 10-15 minute break...ha, good luck! Opportunity to convert from Per Diem to Part-Time or better, fat chance! Almost seems like they push it as far as they can to avoid paying any benefits. This business would benefit greatly from a union presence, nobody is looking out for the worker bee!! If you're a puppet type personality, this is the place for you. If looking for growth, don't waste your time.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more, commensurate with the level of work they're doing. If you're crossing two, three and four different roles, the employee should be paid those wage rates when doing those functions. Make cross training, and career growth opportunity more accessible to those that don't see the computer everyday. Highly recommend leadership be sent to interpersonal skills training. There's more to being a leader than just having the word manager in your title.

"A complete joke"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Universal Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is nothing good about Hill Crest. Not being a part of managements in crowd will have you out of the door. I see the worst form of healthcare 5 days a week. You wouldn't believe how bad this place is. Criminal behavior. When the truth is about to come out about wrong doings, corporate will fly in and cover it up.

Cons

Please read my pro comments.

Advice to Management

Your good , if your a liar,and cover unethical behavior up.

8. "therapist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookhaven, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookhaven, PA

I have been working at Universal Health Services full-time

Pros

great place to grow, ability to be creative in your job, supportive colleagues, opportunities for CE,

Cons

paper work is difficult complete in a 40 hour work week, no UR department so therapists are responsible for completing insurance reviews, yearly raises could be better

Advice to Management

management is helpful its corporate that need to help and make changes that will benefit the workload and the effectiveness of completing our jobs

9. "Suncoast Behavioral Health"

Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist in Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist in Bradenton, FL

Pros

The facility provides good working conditions and the employees are dedicated to the welfare of their patients. The CEO is quite involved in the day to day operations of the facility providing guidance and oversight.

Cons

They don't have a mature IT system. many documents have to be completed by hand and there are no digital copies kept for these documents.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Trust Your Instincts"

Former Employee - Management in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Management in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Universal Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A step back in time? Its like you are walking back into the 1980s. You learn what you don't want in an employer.

Cons

No work life balance. No communication. No organization. No direction. No teamwork. No transparency. Full of paranoia. Secrets. Employee moral is terrible. People are sad and downtrodden. Organization hides behind facility names (which aren't branded as UHS on purpose) to try and protect itself. Look up the lawsuits and terrible reviews of the facilities under the UHS umbrella. Or look at the Buzzfeed article. There is no focus on patient care. Constant turnover. Constant lawsuits. Positions are vacant for months, even years. Just do some research.

Advice to Management

If they cared I wouldn't be writing this review.