Universal Orlando Resort Reviews
80% would recommend to a friend
(1897 total reviews)
84% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits were great until they took it away for being 1 day late on my payment." (in 296 reviews)
- "Great people and amazing set up." (in 80 reviews)
- "Great team members to work with and management!" (in 67 reviews)
- "Met some great coworkers who became long" (in 45 reviews)
- "Perks are nice as you can go to parks for free and get free tickets for friends and family." (in 35 reviews)
- "Little room to advance and low pay" (in 112 reviews)
- "Poor Management Not enough pay" (in 110 reviews)
- "Long hours but flexible overall" (in 56 reviews)
- "Managers don't care if you are ill or not which is kinda sad working with food with the flu." (in 38 reviews)
- "When it's hard it's very stressful Shift leads play favoritism Coworkers, especially overnight, have the temperaments of high schoolers." (in 37 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Universal Orlando Resort and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,897 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 21, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOrlando, FL
Very flexible scheduling, great lead and management relationships, positive work environment
Working for a large company can always have some difficulty with personal feedback
- 5.0Nov 9, 2023Actor/PerformerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearOrlando, FL
Clear audition, hiring, rehearsal, and performance processes and rules. Incredible employee support. (The Thanksgiving turkey program!)
I literally can't think of one, it was the dream scenario I always imagined my entire life. I waited until I was 30 to audition and my experience was so positive that I often regret waiting so long to give it a try.
- 4.0Aug 9, 2023Park Services SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsOrlando, FL
* 16 Weeks parental leave at 100% wage/salary (for FT)! Better than even most high paying jobs! * Great Insurance for having a baby. I paid $0 for all the doctor visits and $0 for the delivery. I only had to pay $200-250/night for the hospital stay. * Hard to get fired from Universal over simple infractions. You've heard the Disney horror stories about bad managers firing people. Well, those same managers have much less ability to fire you without *actual* just cause at UO thankfully
* Health insurance weekly premium is expensive. It's around $20/wk for oneself. Around $67/wk for TM and spouse, $65/wk for TM & children, and ~$140/wk(!!!) for TM, spouse, and children. Just keep that in mind when working for $17/hr. * Minimum hours guaranteed for FT is only 32hrs/wk. This sucks during hard times (like currently in summer 2023).1
- 3.0Nov 15, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeOrlando, FL
Decent Benefits Fine Pay Free Park Tickets
Not the most fun place to work. People are always on edge about getting fired Too many stupid rules
- 4.0Oct 26, 2023Lifeguard, Aquatic AttractionsFormer EmployeeOrlando, FL
Universal is great and has lots of benefits. Working in the water park and in the sun can be quite enjoyable if that's your thing.
River village in particular does not have good management. Always short-staffed, supervisors are impossible to get ahold of unless they feel you have done something wrong. It feels like Universal doesn't put much effort into the park because it will be a cash cow regardless.
- 4.0Nov 5, 2023Qsr AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsOrlando, FL
- Decent benefits - Great perks - Good Pay minimum is 17/hr
- Management Sucks - During non busy season hours seems to get cut. (Started this year mainly) - Scheduler also sucks, It is not that difficult to make a decent schedule
- 4.0Nov 13, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOrlando, FL
They are very attentive to you and help you through your growth
Not much flexibility with schedules.
Universal Orlando Resort Reviews FAQs
Universal Orlando Resort has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 2,029 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Universal Orlando Resort to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
80% of Universal Orlando Resort employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Universal Orlando Resort 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.