KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Universal Protection Service

Is this your company?

Universal Protection Service

Add a Review

Universal Protection Service Employee Reviews about "uniforms"

Updated Aug 15, 2017

Found 26 of over 795 reviews

2.7
Universal Protection Service CEO Steve Jones (no image)
Steve Jones
Pros
  • "Uniforms on the day of hire and they even ordered new pants since the ones they had did not fit properly(in 26 reviews)

• "Decent pay for Admin level staff under the Retail Division(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay; can’t leave until your replacement shows up, and sometimes they never do or are late(in 54 reviews)

• "pay no(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Universal Protection Service and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "uniforms"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Security Guard

Aug 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

I work with a great team of officers and my supervisor has been with the company at the same post for 10 years. Uniforms on the day of hire and they even ordered new pants since the ones they had did not fit properly. 40 hours plus most of the weeks with know problem

Cons

Having to fill weekends at times due to lack of part timers to fill weekends. No shift diff for certain sites for graveyard

2. 1.0

Please be advised!

Jul 26, 2014 - Security Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can get a new uniforms when ever you need it. That's about it.

Cons

The management is horrible. They don't answer or return your call unless its beneficial to them. They barely care for any request you may have. if you are at a post and would like to change to another post or try for a higher paying position, You can forget it. They want to keep you where you are so they don't have to deal with getting coverage there, and if you are not related to anyone in management or sleeping with anyone you mays as well get set to stay right where you are, or find another job. The pay is horrible at the long beach branch. I can go on and on but its useless. If your looking for a decent job in security do not go to the long beach branch. The client where I work hates them but keeps universal because I am here. If I leave they are finished. Yeah.... That bad.,,, Also, You should never work at a job where you do not accumulate pto. It is very important to be able to take a breather with out having to worry about the amount of your upcoming check. When you are sick and have to take a day off, You are in trouble if you live pay check to pay check. Please be advised people , Your health and your mental state of mind is very important. Take your time and find a job that will take care of you while you take care of them...

4 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

THE CIRCUS IS IN TOWN!

Sep 19, 2015 - Security Professional
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Easy interview process. * Uniforms provided. * Clients have some good looking employees. * Direct deposit.

Cons

* As long as you haven't murdered someone, have a job! Makes the team look great! * Uniforms fit like wearing a Ronald McDonald outfit, it's a circus at UPS! * Clients get upset about the quality of service constantly and fail to notice the high turnover, lack of training, and lack care UPS personnel recieve, best of luck with that account, go in-house! * Direct deposit of inaccurate funds. * Outside hired upper management with no private industry experience and already gone senile. * Never qualified old goats for the other upper management, yeehaw! * Basically you won't move up far internally if you read the 2 lines above. * Benefits improve only if government mandated, great progressive thinkers! * Opportunity to work bad hours, weekends, and holidays! Yay! * More support from my deceased grandmother than from branch, corporate, and UPSS COMBINED! * Pay raises are chosen at random through employee names written on balls in the Lotto Ball machine, your chances are about the same as it! * Fraternities of drunkards are more organized. * Training is for sissies, you can figure it out! * You will be tasked to take care of about everything BUT security. Take your scooper and baggies out! Got a lot of BS to pickup! * Got injured? Better hope it's while your working, otherwise be prepared to sell even your soul to pay that Kaiser plan bill!

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good people, bad company. Quitting in two weeks.

Nov 6, 2016 - Unarmed Security Officer in Richmond, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid weekly, free uniforms, holiday/overtime, opportunities for events that give higher pay. 10/hr for me to sit at a desk and do homework all night.

Cons

No communication (managers won't tell you what you don't ask), I've had 4 supervisors and only one actually supervised, you can be sitting at a desk for 8 hours or standing in 50-110 degrees. No benefits for a year. Year bonus is $200-400. No PTO or vacation days. Only people that were supervisors had been with company for 3+ years. A newbie is paid same as an officer that's been with company for 10 years.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee

Management Is paralyzed and ineffective; They have a very real fear of employee's launching law suits.

Feb 5, 2012 - Security Officer in Santa Ana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. They take shortcuts!! Which is amazing if you need a job quickly. --> I honestly and literally had no "orientation" or "training", I simply paid 110$'s, then I received a "New Employees Packet" and was sent to a job site after my uniforms came in a 3 days later. 2. semi-competitive pay. 3. A general lack of supervision at almost all the job sites I have been sent to. 4. Over-time Opportunities exist and come up often.

Cons

1. From experience, my branch has multiple Operations Managers, however, the one I am assigned too goes out of his way to avoid dealing with my (and my coworkers) overtime/double time pay issues. I was once at the branch in person to resolve an overtime pay issue and the receptionist called my Ops manager, who told her to tell me he was "out of town" for the day. However, I seen him walk to the receptionist desk ten minutes later while I was still in the lobby area... 2. Pay raises don't exist 3. You have to be hired into any and all positions, there is no moving up. Once you sign on in a certain capacity, that will be the job you will due until your date with the undertaker. 4. Over-time opportunities exist, however if you work 55 hours, you will only get a max of 10 hours over time, the other 5 hours will be placed into a special category labeled "training" at your regular rate. At least this is the fact in southern California's southern Orange county branch.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great for Retirees

Dec 19, 2014 - Security Guard in Jonesboro, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

They love military vets Pay is $9.00 per hour which isn't the lowest Uniforms are provided including cold weather and rain gear Benefits include holiday pay and insurance Overtime available Good people Relatively comfortable post Management provides what you need

Cons

Pay is fair for what is required, but it's barely a livable wage Company only has one post in Arkansas so no room for advancement. Insurance isn't affordable at $9.00 per hour Post Supervisors only make a dollar more per hour Job security is limited due to contract with post company

7. 3.0

universal protection

May 16, 2015 - Security Professional in Rio Linda, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

they'll give you the 40 hours a week health care coverage after 60 days provide uniforms at no cost

Cons

no up ward mobility low pay even with experience hard to get time off even if requested in advance have to work with people who don't want to do their jobs

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good job but does not pay good

Jul 17, 2014 - Security Officer in Santa Ana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

We'll they give you good assignments and good amount of responsibility nice uniforms good people to work with,

Cons

They expect you to put your --- on the line especially graveyards for barely minimum wage. You get no respect from people. There's no training and you get yelled at by the public and the client .

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wouldn't recommend that any competent officers work here.

Sep 29, 2014 - Security Professional in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

You have a forty hour post. They provide uniforms (though in my 5 months, I've yet to receive mine.) They say they have benefits. I haven't seen a welcome package in the 5 months (since buying out ISMG) I have been here though.

Cons

No paper paystubs. Everything is handled through e-hub (e-hub is microsoft silverlight only). Upper management ignores their posts. You can't get anyone to answer the phone in California. Payroll is handled in California. Promotion is non-existent.

7 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

I had a great experience working for Universal, they have a friendly management team and security supervisors.

Apr 1, 2013 - Security Professional in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have a great work core values, communication and I really liked the uniforms, very professional.

Cons

Took too long to get a full time position. As a personal cons I will like to add that they should assign security professional that live in proximity to the assigned security sites.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews