Universal Service Administrative Company Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2020

2.7
Universal Service Administrative Company CEO Radha Sekar (no image)
Radha Sekar
Pros
  • "USAC offers good work life balance and benefits(in 28 reviews)

• "I believe in the mission of USAC(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "USAC organized events are boring compared to the old companies I used to work for(in 19 reviews)

• "They have a strange relationship with the FCC and they have to get the FCC's approval before making major decisions(in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good Place to Work"

I have been working at Universal Service Administrative Company full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits package, friendly and professional environment with very good communication with coworkers.

Cons

I don't have any Cons up to now.

Sr. HR Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience at USAC. As an organization committed to supporting the mission of bringing affordable, and pervasive high-speed connectivity to everyone in the US we recognize it takes all of us working together, especially in times like today. We appreciate all that you’re doing during these extraordinary circumstances in moving the mission forward!

"Great place to start"

5.0
    Former Employee - Processing Clerk

I worked at Universal Service Administrative Company part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly and helpful people, nice office

Cons

Sometimes work is confusing probably due to the programs

Sr. HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback on the USAC work environment where we value integrity, quality, and accountability. We’re always looking for innovative ways to meet the needs of our employees. Your feedback will help us as we work to improve our processes. We look forward to learning from you while providing an excellent environment in which you can grow.

3. "Good organization with flaws"

Former Employee - Processing Clerk in Washington, DC

Pros

Good work environment, a welcoming and friendly culture, and clear instruction on what was expected of me.

Cons

They have a strange relationship with the FCC and they have to get the FCC's approval before making major decisions.

Sr. HR Manager

Thank you for sharing your insights on USAC and we’re so glad to know that our welcoming and friendly culture has been part of your experience. As an independent not-for-profit organization designated by the FCC, we are proud to continue to support the mission of ensuring everyone in the U.S. has accessible, affordable, and pervasive access to the internet, especially during times like these. Thank you for all you do at USAC in the support of this great mission.

4. "Agree with all bad reviews poor managers all the way to CEO"

Former Employee - Former Employee

I worked at Universal Service Administrative Company full-time

Pros

Maybe Benefits near the metro

Cons

Poor Mangers to CEO. good place for beginners not pro.

Sr. HR Manager

Our goal at USAC is to create an environment where employees feel passionate and committed to their work. We understand that you had some concerns during your time here at USAC and we encourage you to reach out to Human Resources at HumanResources@usac.org or directly to our CHRO, Tamika Mitchell, at Tamika.Mitchell@usac.org to further discuss these concerns. Thank you.

"Great Place to Get Paid to Do Nothing"

1.0

I worked at Universal Service Administrative Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

--Literally no work to do; you get paid to do nothing --Nice, fancy building right in the heart of Metro Center --Nice office supplies such as desks, chairs, computers --Nice AV setup in the conference rooms --Great, practically unheard of benefits

Cons

--Literally no work do to; if you want to actually be somewhat busy during the day, this is not the place --There's confusion as to what USAC actually does and what the different people and teams do, and it often felt like people were hired when the positions weren't actually needed --Virtually no onboarding or support from supervisor(s) or HR --Just overall "weird": as previously mentioned, there wasn't really clarity among the team and the organization as a whole as to what USAC really does or what their role is. Lots of people I interacted with just spent the day wasting time online or booking useless meetings to talk about things like television shows

Continue reading

"Mission based organization with great opportunities and good benefits."

Current Employee - Staff Auditor in Washington, DC

I have been working at Universal Service Administrative Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

USAC's great mission, Work-life balance, Telework one day in a week, Flexible work hours, Great place to grow and gain additional experience, Upward mobility within the organization.

Cons

The turnover rate is high for certain divisions.

Sr. HR Manager

Thank you for joining the USAC team. It’s in times like these that fulfilling the mission of universal service to support health care providers, educators, and consumers are more critical than ever. Thank you for being part of our team that is working hard to make it happen!

7. "Mission Based Work and Great Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Auditor

I have been working at Universal Service Administrative Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Work life balance - Medical and retirement benefits - Mission based work - Learn something new each day - option to telework -diversity

Cons

- high turnover rate - average management - sometimes operate on non-realistic deadlines

Sr. HR Manager

We feel strongly that all employees need a healthy work-life balance in order to stay engaged with our mission and help support the growth of the organization. We value collaboration and diversity which creates and environment where employees can develop and thrive. We encourage employees to share concerns about work goals with their managers to help foster open two-way communication and collaboration. Thank you for sharing in our mission as we seek to make the universal service programs more successful!

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Washington, DC

I have been working at Universal Service Administrative Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I believe in the mission of USAC. People are warm and helpful.

Cons

Pay is less than industry standard

Sr. HR Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience at USAC. We are committed to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits to meet their financial, health and developmental needs. Our goal is to create a compensation program that supports USAC’s Total Rewards philosophy as well as USAC’s mission and core values. We are so proud to have employees who share in our mission as we partner with the FCC in helping communities and people across the U.S. stay connected to information, resources, and care they need. Especially in times like today when connectivity is vitally important. Thank you for all you do at USAC and for continuing to grow with us!

"Poor leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Good Benefits, better than other companies

Cons

Bad Management from CEO to Manager level

Sr. HR Manager

Thank you for your comment and we are glad to hear that you appreciate the USAC benefits package. Our goal at USAC is to create an environment where employees feel passionate and committed to their work. We hear your concerns and USAC works to continually improve our processes, especially as we navigate through these unpreceded times. We encourage you to reach out to Human Resources at HumanResources@usac.org or directly to our CHRO, Tamika Mitchell, at Tamika.Mitchell@usac.org so we can further discuss your concerns. Thank you for all you do at USAC and for continuing to grow with us!

"Horrible place to work"

I have been working at Universal Service Administrative Company full-time

Pros

horrible management, they Dont know how to manage people

Cons

Poor in management - they dont know how to manage the work load.

Sr. HR Manager

Our goal at USAC is to create an environment where employees feel passionate and committed to their work. We understand that you have some concerns we encourage you to reach out to Human Resources at HumanResources@usac.org or directly to our CHRO, Tamika Mitchell, at Tamika.Mitchell@usac.org so we can further discuss your concerns. Thank you.

Found 145 reviews