Found 1,744 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Universal Studios
Is Holiday Inn La Mirada a good place to stay in LA in terms of proximity to touristy places like universal studios and other places? I’m looking to stay somewhere that is the centre of LA so I can explore as much as possible. Going as a family so can’t be too pricey.
Visiting LA tomorrow to try universal studios. Anyone been there on a rainy day? Hoping there will be shorter lines and that the escalators will still work (hella out of shape for those stairs), but wanted to hear from the locals to see if it’s worth it. TIA!
Got a burning question about Universal Studios? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Universal Studios employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and lots of holidays" (in 146 reviews)
- "The people are great and it's very happy to work in a theme park." (in 94 reviews)
- "fun, great coworkers, learn customer service and how to work independently, chances to move up the ladder" (in 53 reviews)
- "free tickets and admission to park" (in 47 reviews)
- "Good team members, good tips if in a tipped position, easy to call in sick if you want to have a lake day instead." (in 24 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Universal Studios and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Sep 27, 2023Server/WaiterCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearHollywood, CA
Pros include access to the park, an HR department, discounts on everything at City Walk, free meals every shift, resources for education reimbursement, free therapy sessions and free wellness events like yoga classes or meditation sessions.
Honestly, I can't think of many. They do employ favoritism and will hire and promote friends and family of employees but what happens everywhere.
Universal Studios Reviews FAQs
Universal Studios has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,927 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Universal Studios to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
72% of Universal Studios employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Universal Studios 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.