UniversalPegasus International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Philip Luna

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible schedule and good people (in 8 reviews)

• It used to be a great place to work few years back, thats what I heard but never noticed during my stay (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No Training for employees, management rather likes to spend money on so called managers meeting lunches (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management appeared to be in over their head and some have lost their jobs since then (in 6 reviews)

"No communication or organization"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Location and pay are good; some good people though they had mass layoffs of a lot of hard-working employees.

Cons

No fairness in promotions and projects. Very little training and opportunity for advancement. Nepotism and cronyism are rampant. Management cannot seem to get it together with a strategy; there were numerous organizational changes in a very short period of time.

Advice to Management

Don't promote people just because you like them or are related to them. Trust your own employees instead of having an army of consultants to get work done. Don't treat your employees like garbage; they can figure out when your "town hall" meetings are staged!!

"Poor experience at best"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

The pay was not bad. If you are limited on education or have no experience, this may be a place you would want to work.

Cons

Management: or should I say lack of. The leadership team will not communicate with the employees. I do not know of a single person in the upper management that has the experience to be in the position.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Just because you are in a position doesnt mean you have the capability to do the job.

"Too many Chiefs not enough Indians"

Current Employee - Former Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Former Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice People to work with

Cons

Managers form Amec they actually brought managers in from another company that failed, why would you do that???
    They Lie to people to get them to stay and when the time comes to go into your new position they give it to someone who has ass-kissed enough to get the position not the person who deserves it.
    They have someone in IT who is a complete failure at what he does since he has been hired they have lost All of their Server Support and most of their Helpdesk people at least the ones who were worth anything. why cant management see that when you loose 6 people in the matter of 2 months something is wrong!
    I watched Senior people leave this company for competitors for over a year and noone did anything about it. I watched as we lost employees when i started there was over 3000 employees now the company is at only 750 something is wrong.

"Demoralizing work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Houston, TX

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are a poor designer you will thrive here. The place loves people who are less capable as long as you have people skills and don't care about promotions. If you don't have much skill and are looking to retire while working here then this is the place for you.

Cons

Huge management turnover. This company is a revolving door for designers, engineers and senior managers. Oddly not much turnover with project managers. Strange. Everyone around them is quitting. This is definitely one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. No wonder clients don't hire us for the big jobs. Because we screw them all up.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. Obviously no one in management is capable of bring this company to the level of Jacobs, Mustang, or Worely Parsons.

"Revolving Door!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at UniversalPegasus International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is over market, but you are basically selling your soul. As soon as a project ends, you will be laid off and overpriced

Cons

There is no loyalty to the employees, they staff big for a project and then release quick when it is over. They say the company is doing better now, but that is a sign of the market picking up, not the business itself doing better. Big pay and big bonuses are paid at the top (yes, we hard workers know about that), kills morale. The CEO is coldhearted and unfeeling about the staff, current and former, but he is high on himself; you can see his picture and name variations on many of the company initiatives (Uncle Sam picture ring a bell with anyone?). They cut the benefits back, 401k matching percentage, which once was really good, was affected as well.

Advice to Management

Some of the top management has left on their own; Business Development, Engineering, Finance, HR, Project Management to name a few. These people were making good money, so why leave? Because of the non-loyal, treat you like dirt, "I'm not listening, because you are beneath me" attitude of the CEO. Well Mr. CEO, one day you will realize you are only as successful as the people doing the actual work. When this ship sinks, you will probably still be the captain, but you may have no loyal crew. Curious as to whether you can come off your pedestal throne long enough to even notice.

"Ratings speak for itself"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at UniversalPegasus International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

May be a bit of higher paid salary, but they would probably charge this to the clients anyways.

Cons

This is a typical "permanent staff look-alike contract worker's place". They lure you in with a competitive salary and charge it back to the client. Once project is over, out the door you go. Management is non-existent, as every man for himself attitude is easily perceived. Once you're in their door, you need to find a "sponsor" regardless of your competency to be on the "project roster list". Or else, you'll be gone out the door, either forced or by your will. No such thing as development. They are on the borderline between being an actual corporate organization and scammers. Do yourself a favor and not even look in this direction unless, you want some quick bucks earned from contract type work (by the way, good luck with this). My lessons learned the hard way and I am trying my best to protect the innocent mass.

Advice to Management

Can you even call yourself "management" when you're not listening or doing anything to fix the cancerous morale environment?

"most demoralizing, meaningless job immangineable"

Current Employee - Designer II in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Designer II in Houston, TX

Pros

uhh, paycheck? (for now) They had a pretty good 401K but reduced the match. You are off between Christmas and New years ( You have to charge it to PTO)

Cons

No management capability whatsoever, you have to beg for charge numbers, it is as bad as the reviews posted. . Today ,a New Low!

An email came from senior management today telling employees to go to glass door and post positive comments to sway the negative (truthful) comments- NO KIDDING!

It is so bad management is begging and bullying people to post phony praise out of fear for their job.Don't believe any phony good comments you see after this post. I have seen people set up time after time and fired here. Your manager usually is too busy to assign you work. Too much overhead and you are terminated. Chaotic, unorganized and miserable. Politics are taken to a new low. If you do get work it is usually due in some unreasonable amount of time. Truly one of the worse places in Houston to work.

Advice to Management

Maybe get rid of 2 or 3 vice presidents and 5 or 6 deputy directors or however many duplicate bosses you have. Not sure why you need 2 or 3 divisions competing with one another for the same job.Especially when they hate one another.

"Once proud company coming off the rails....."

Pros

Very few come to mind as compared to Cons.

Cons

Inept management at all levels. Lack of respect for employees and for clients.

Advice to Management

Thorough housecleaning at all managment levels required to right this sinking ship.

"Not a quality and ethical company to work for"

Former Employee - Engineer III in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Engineer III in Houston, TX

Pros

Good people, good location, good parking space, good office space

Cons

Management sucks, lack of management and business development, it is more political than professional, they keep non qualified managers in office for a long time because upper management also lacks business skills. its like you keep my back i keep yours in a wrong way. No job stability, no training program. You may get thrown in the bus quite often. sink or swim situation. They hire one non efficient and retired professional engineers and pay them less than standard to advertised they have professional engineers in staff and college graduate do the jobs. I have had one next to my office for a long time and dude would take nap every afternoon behind his desk for an hour. everyone knew but no one cared to say anything. As far as I know he is still there. God bless the projects he stamps. They better have a good insurance policy. I don't recommend this place if you care about your integrity and your business ethics.

Advice to Management

Resign and let the right and professional people do the job.

"Very Poor Management"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at UniversalPegasus International (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employees. Most of them are laidoff now!!!

Cons

No Management, No Training, No system, ...

Advice to Management

Your Employees are humans too !!!