Universe Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Abdel Nasser Bachir

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Recruitment consultant"

I worked at Universe Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office view and nice area, nice restaurants around can't think of anything else honestly.
    This is an honest review without any disrespect to the owners and Management

Cons

Very poor understanding of business and client acquisition and client management.
    The company has been around for long enough to be a multi million pound turn over.
    It has a lot of potential and can become a global company with new Management in place and cash flow injection.
    Other than that it won't be around in the next two years.

Advice to Management

Acquire a business partner with cash and put a director in place with energy and vision and experience.
    And grow into a big universe company as you suppose to be, or simply die out.

2. "You will learn about sales"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Universe Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked four years for Universe Technology. It is a while ago I worked there, and things might have changed, but I believe that you will learn about sales.

- I had good times and bad times; looking back, it wasn't as bad as I felt when I worked there. Today I view things more positively, because it is a while ago I worked at Universe Technology.

- Universe Technology was known for training people with no experience, and then they left to better companies. That was good for the employees, but not so good for the company; you don't train people just to see them leaving 6-12 months later.

- People who write that this is the worst place etc., all I can say, they probably haven't worked in sales before. Universe Tehcnology is not the best place and not the worst place either. From a scale of one to ten, where ten is the best, I would give Universe Technology four.

- If you stay 3-5 years in a job, seriously, it cannot be that bad, otherwise you must be an idiot, and blame yourself for that.

- The best part is the sales experience, in my opinion, you can learn a lot at Universe Technology. It depends on the sales manager running the floor.

- The commission structure is probably slightly above average in the recruitment industry. (The basic salary is a joke, even for the senior people.)

Cons

- The basic salary is a joke, even for senior people.

- The two co-owners plays a big role on setting the tone in the office, and had they years ago changed their general attitude, also the way they treated the best billers, then this company would have taken it further years ago. It is a shame that it didn't happen. The company has evolved, yes it has, and partnered with other offices across Europe, but the London office could have taken it a lot further. What a shame.

- If Universe Technology had better funding, they would have been able to do big scale account management.

- In general there are too many recruitment companies in Britain, and that also sets the tone. We cannot blame the owners for that. Britain is the country in the world with the most recruitment companies per square feet than any other country in Europe - as well as America. Britain also has lots of Preferred Suppliers List policy, more than other countries, which also sets the poor office tone. It challenges small recruitment companies to evolve and offer other "products" than the standard recruitment product. That is a challenge and problem businesses in all industries sooner or later face, at some point of time, but some business owners are able to read the way things are going and develop their business gradually; unfortunately some business owners keep on doing what they did in the past, not listening to the winds of change. The ones who suffer are the employees and customers - as well as the business owners (that is why they always are so grumpy).

Folks, trust me, recruitment is the most difficult of all sales, because you are having two sides/humans to put to together, and make it happen. The candidate will not wait forever, and can take another offer in the blink of an eye. But when you sell a "dead" product, the product will not suddenly walk away, just because it prefers to be sold to another company. In any other type of sales, you have only one side/one human to convince - the customer. That makes the sale less wobbly and less unpredictable.

Advice to Management

There was a French guy called Brice who used to call the place Gulag, and within six months he went back to France and became a successful business owner within property.

Another person said, "Am I not allowed to breathe!" But she stayed there for two years, so it wasn't that bad, right?

Lots of good talent and good people have left Universe Technology within the first few months, just due to the old fashioned, emotionally retarded approach from the two owners. They think that the more you squeeze the lemon, the better the sales person perform. Their approach is a "squeezing the lemon and throw it away" approach. That is a short-sighted way of building a company. Unfortunately many companies are like that.

Will the two business owners ever change? Not in a million years.

3. "Best recruitment company i worked for"

I worked at Universe Technology full-time

Pros

- Excellent training program
    - all staff were friendly
    - good work atmosphere
    - supportive management
    - fun place to work
    - real career progression structure - realistic and management support you all the way

Cons

- could have gone out on social events more

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!!

4. "Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Universe Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There aren't any whatsoever.

Cons

The worst company you'll ever work for. Poor pay, awful management and expect instant billing despite out dated tools and zero understanding of the IT market.

5. "Great memory"

I worked at Universe Technology full-time

Pros

worked 3 year at UT great training lovely office with a pretty terrace looking over the river
    training doesn't ends even for senior recruiters
    thanks guys

Cons

none, getting better and better

"Bad Experience but Thanks anyway"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Universe Technology full-time

Pros

Even from a bad experience you learn good things.
    You don't have choice, you have to be good.

Cons

I have been working there few months.
    I didn't like it at all.
    The management team are not honest at all regarding commission.

Advice to Management

Stop be old school

"Universe Technolgy- current employee"

Current Employee - Lead Receptionist and Secretary in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Lead Receptionist and Secretary in London, England (UK)

Pros

I have been working at Universe Technology for a few months.
    When I first started I had not been working in an office environment for a while, so going back to the ‘office routine’ was somehow scary. However, I have found nothing but very helpful and skilful managers who have trained me and took me under their wings. Constructive feedback is also given by managers once a week while holding a nice and cold beer with my colleagues….definitely a young and supportive place to work.

Cons

The office does not have enough plants and flowers

Advice to Management

Buy more flowers & plants

"They will never learn"

Current Employee - IT Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - IT Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Universe Technology full-time

Pros

Nothing much to say. There is absoultly nothing positivity to say or tell.

Cons

The management again deleted all the reviews which where more than truth. Even the last recent review was 100% from the management . None of the employee ever wine the iPad, or another gift . Apart from some lunches where you have to bring the bill of 60£ and they pay you back and of course u have to pay the tax for it.

Advice to Management

Management !!!! Please just change and do not always delete the reviews it does not make any different . There are so many different website like glass door, there will be always negative reviews about you and your company.

"Fond Memories of a good place to work"

Former Employee - Eastern Europe Recruiter and Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Universe Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-nice team spirit
    -good training
    -nice office
    -decent incentives - I got an ipad and 2 weekends away
    -brilliant database

Cons

-could do with a slightly larger kitchen
    other than that there wasn't any- I only left to move back to Poland.

Advice to Management

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you, I have nothing but fond memories of my time with the team. Also thanks for my good reference which secured my current job over here in Poland. Dziękuję!

"Recruitment career starter"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Universe Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far it has been good. Helpful and they give good support and training. They try to be consultative with clients and not too pushy, which is an improvement on my earlier sales experience.

Cons

None really. It is too early to say how I will eventually perform in this job.

Advice to Management

None as yet. The middle management I deal with seem fine. Don't see the senior management or directors much