- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Missouri
- - Kansas City, MO Area
- - Kansas City, MO
- - Bonner Springs, KS
- - Grandview, MO
- - Roeland Park, KS
- - Parkville, MO
- - Independence, MO
- - Lees Summit, MO
- - Kansas City, KS
- - Kansas
Found 266 of over 276 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Utilization Review Specialist
I don’t know what to make of this. I’ve been out of work and interviewing for 3.5 weeks now. I feel like they go really well, then I get, we will call you and let you know we have a couple other candidates. Then poof nothing. SMH…I am very skilled and would be a great benefit for someone. Has anyone else run into this problem? Please any advice would help. Thanks so much.
I will be taking over a new team in our call center department at my job this upcoming week. I've been with the company a few years now and something I've noticed is NO ONE uses cameras but I've seen tons of people recommend it for teams. I am thinking of making it a requirement for my new team. I was thinking of starting off with once a week and moving into every other day so that it's not too much change at once. It will only be required for meetings. What does everyone think? Do you do this?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Hard to get into upper management" (in 10 reviews)
- "Bad management, needs to work harder" (in 10 reviews)
- "Decent leadership that is out of touch with job tasks and set unrealistic expectations" (in 7 reviews)
- "Many of the managers don't know how to be managers." (in 6 reviews)
- "Not a lot of opportunities to move up in nursing." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of University Health and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 15, 2022 - HVAC TechRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I love everything about my job.
there is nothing that i can say
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 14, 2022 - in Kansas City, MORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
PTO accumulation and incentives are good.
MICROMANAGEMENT and DISCRIMINATORY actions. Manager get offended and take things personally, only care what would benefit her rather fellow employees. Unfair employment and VERY discriminating against minorities. Manager/Associate Director would push employees and subordinates to quitting if they DON'T SATISFIED her needs. With a high turnover rate and HR complaints, no justice has been done. Higher Management need to look closely to see why things are going downhill. Too many employees are quitting or planning on quitting.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Nov 28, 2022 - Outpatient utilization specialist in Kansas City, MORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Benefits are amazing. PTO is great over time. Work from home option is great.
Culture is bad. Hard to get into the company unless you know someone.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 14, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Worked under a supportive manager
Rate of pay, no retention bonuses
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 12, 2022 - Registered NurseRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Supportive staff, great learning environment
wish we could do more for our patient population. They are truly in need of more resources,
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 7, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Compensation is good. Bonuses paid periodically.
Diversity is not good at all.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 5, 2022 - Rehab Tech in Kansas City, MORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great staff, company takes care of its employees
Facilities need updating, out of date
- Former Employee★★★★★Aug 22, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Best benefits ever, pay and bonuses are amazing.
Occasionally difficult population to treat.. staff needs more help and support with difficult patientsContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 23, 2022 - Registered NurseRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexible schedule and great health benefits
Weekend and Holiday hour requirement
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jul 29, 2022 - Medical Laboratory Technician in Kansas City, MORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Non for profit hospital. Great teamwork ! Great benefits.
Short staffed at the moment.Continue reading
University Health Reviews FAQs
University Health has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 276 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at University Health to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
70% of University Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated University Health 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.