University Hospitals of Cleveland Reviews | Glassdoor

University Hospitals of Cleveland Reviews

Updated April 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Work/life balance, flexible scheduling, competitive pay, on the job training (in 7 reviews)

• University is a great place to work (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons other than parking at the main campus - great place to work (in 9 reviews)

• Abysmal work life balance most employees are pushed to their limits and run ragged (in 5 reviews)

1. "Limited growth and hard to make lateral moves to other departments"

Current Employee - Medical Receptionist in Parma, OH
    Current Employee - Medical Receptionist in Parma, OH

Pros

The benefits are decent, holiday pay, and good employees. The company mission is inspiring and easy to like you fit in there.

Cons

Pay is not comparative to other area hospitals in the same field. They care about patients, but not as much about their employees. HR is hard to get ahold of and won't call back of left a message. Their is limited growth potential, especially if in a small office within the system.

2. "great place to work"

Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at University Hospitals of Cleveland full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are awesome, PTO is great. And there are many opportunities for career advancement. Also there are many different locations to apply at.

Cons

Once you accept a position you are locked in for 1 year. The only other way to apply to a different position is with a waiver from your supervisor or manager.

Advice to Management

Adjust the call off system. It takes one year for each call of to fall off. If you reach 6 in one year, you will be subject to a corrective action. I think this policy should be less strick since we work with sick people everyday.

3. "Excellent employer."

Current Employee - Human Resources Associate in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resources Associate in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at University Hospitals of Cleveland full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

UH mission and excellent team environment make UH a great and fulfilling place to work. There is ample opportunity to move up the ranks.

Cons

Resource availability in terms of capital and personnel is sometimes limiting. Pressures of changing health care market and payment systems makes it tough to stay motivated.

"?"

I have been working at University Hospitals of Cleveland full-time

Pros

great health benefits , they don't make you work over time , room for growth

Cons

NO over time allowed , poor management , low company moral

6. ""Dream job" don't let the title deceive you"

Former Employee - Radiology in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Radiology in Cleveland, OH

I worked at University Hospitals of Cleveland full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Radiologists are wonderful. Techs are very knowledgeable. Newer equipment . Doctors and nurses are awesome to work with. Inter departments are very helpful when needed.

Cons

Management is not to be trusted and either is Human Resources. Very high turnover in radiology. Watch your back or they will make an example out of you.

Advice to Management

Management should be knowledgeable of all fields of the department they are managing.

7. "Great people, but not what I envisioned!"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Elyria, OH
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Elyria, OH

I have been working at University Hospitals of Cleveland part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I work with great people; teamwork oriented, respectful, smart and fun.

Cons

Becoming part of UH, I had high expectations. None have been met yet. Old equipment, decor and now micro-managing. ☹️

Advice to Management

You can increase our patient satisfaction scores by showing a little respect to your nurses, decreasing our nurse to patient ratio, investing in new equipment and remodeling.

8. "Patient Access Rep 1"

Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at University Hospitals of Cleveland full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very busy place, a teaching hospital and the support in your department and staff is good.

Cons

overtime limited to the department

"Executive Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - OHIO in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - OHIO in Cleveland, OH

Pros

I have worked at University Hospitals for over eight years and have improved my skills as an executive assistant annually. I would recommend University Hospitals to anyone who is interested in applying for a fast paced position with valuable co-workers and a desire to feel proud to say where they work.

Cons

University Hospitals expectations are high however they serve the community and the community deserves to be cared for by those who give of themselves 100% every day.

10. "Great place to work."

Former Employee - Staff Therapist in Wilton Manors, FL
    Former Employee - Staff Therapist in Wilton Manors, FL

I worked at University Hospitals of Cleveland (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work . It is dynamic place with many areas of interest . This is not a boring place to work at all . I have worked there for 18.5 years and the people who work there are extremely pleasant and knowledgeable . I have many friendships from there that I will cherish . I especially enjoyed working with the different departments in the hospital . All in all , a great place to work .

Cons

Our department had gotten moved several times and the spaces seemed smaller and smaller . However , our department is very resilient and adaptable.

Advice to Management

Every time we got moved there were some who felt de-valued and not appreciated .

11. "Either work at UHCMC or at CCF, choices are limited in Cleveland"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Healthcare field is more stable than other industries.

Cons

Antiquated Human Resources Department, extremely difficult to be promoted, just yearly "merit" raises.