University Surgical Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

"Medical Secretary"

Former Employee - Medican Secretary in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Medican Secretary in Providence, RI

I worked at University Surgical Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

There is none i can talk about

Cons

Staff for a vascular doctor are not team players. They " dump" everything on a new person and they expect in done when there's not possibility enough hours in a day . Meanwhile another Secretary which works for the same Doctor has less and less to do and dilly dallies all day. Everyday was hell...sick to my stomach. Left everyday feeling very very stressed. A better opportunity couldn't come quick enough!!

Advice to Management

I got hired the same day of my interview. It would have been a nice company to work for if a certain staff Secretary didn't control the office manager. I have a many years of experience and an outstanding resume for university surgical associates for hire me on the spot. Get rid of a certain secretary. I hope karma gets her because that Doctor is leaving the practice to go to the boston area.

2. "Unhappy former employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I worked at University Surgical Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The clinical and support staff were amazing, and they worked very well together. The surgeons were very supportive of their staff members.

Cons

The management were intolerable and seemed to be on a witch hunt. I felt watched while I was an employee. It was a very uncomfortable place to work. No room for growth. No raise, even when my position had several responsibilities added. High turnover. Culture of fear.

Advice to Management

Please trust that you hired competent people and let them breath a bit and do a good job without micromanaging them.

3. "Great doctors to work with, but processes are antiquated. Bad employees tend to be keep on too long or found other role"

Former Employee - Assistant in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Assistant in Providence, RI

I worked at University Surgical Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are fantastic, work can be challenging, most of the surgeons are pleasant to work with, job security is good.

Cons

No education benefits or opportunities, managers are not necessarily skilled as managers, project coordinators, event planners or communicators. Skilled training and support is lacking, a lot of I don't know how responses. Good employees tend to have double and triple the responsibilities and work loads to make up for negative or bad employees who are keep when they are not qualified for the job they were hired to do or just don't care, just here for a paycheck types.

Advice to Management

Stop running the place for the benefit of bad employees. Reward your talent and get rid of those who take advantage of your kindness.

4. "Understanding and demanding"

Current Employee - Medical Secretary in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Medical Secretary in Providence, RI

I have been working at University Surgical Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My step-mother passed away about a month after I started. I had to leave town (out of state) for almost a week to be with my family. When I told the company the day before leaving, they were very understanding. They did what they had to do so I could be with my family. While I was out of town, I received a condolence bouquet from the company. It was very nice to come home to.

Cons

It is a very stressful job. It is extremely demanding. You are expected to keep track of a lot including: patients, the doctor, surgery, insurance dealings, billing. There is a lot to take care of and keep track of, but if you can keep your head straight, you can make it.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have a few more people hired to help the office staff in the company. It would also be nice to have someone check in with you to see how you are making out and support you a little bit more.

5. "Clinical office manager"

I have been working at University Surgical Associates full-time

Pros

Great Physicians, friendly staff,

Cons

No parking at 2 Dudley Street location

6. "Nurse"

I worked at University Surgical Associates full-time

Pros

The nursing team is very good, polite, and helpful.

Cons

The management is not up to par. They pay new hires more than they pay employees who have been there for years.

Advice to Management

Respect your nurses. Pay better, especially the veterans.

7. "awesome externship"

Pros

a variety of specialties in one office and friendly staff

Cons

traveling to satelite offices few times a week