Found 3,676 of over 4K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Our boss has always been great and the people you work with are all very engaging." (in 241 reviews)
- "Great benefits (including tuition and fees remission)" (in 214 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and only have to commit as much or as little as you'd like" (in 171 reviews)
- "The campus is beautiful and the students are laid back and a pleasant environment to working." (in 91 reviews)
- "Great colleagues and scientists." (in 74 reviews)
- "The low pay means that you have to put in alot of work hours to get a decent salary." (in 222 reviews)
- "sometimes busy and low salary" (in 128 reviews)
- "Over worked and poor management" (in 65 reviews)
- "hard to get to senior leadership" (in 20 reviews)
- "The university will overwork you and allow terrible managers to succeed at the expense of their underlings." (in 19 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of University of California Berkeley and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 4.0Sep 20, 2023Associate Director, Career ServicesCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Career services team has a strong culture of innovation, is student-centered and the staff are earnestly engaged in developing and deploying DEIB principles and practices . Good work-life balance compared to private sector.
It's a public university so negotiating offers is very difficult and not merit based. Large bureaucracy that can be challenging to navigate and slow to change compared to private sector.
Hello I am a recent graduate from University of California, Berkeley who is interested in getting into deal advisory/transaction advisory services/financial due diligence entry level roles. Can I have referrals from big4, kroll, and etc.? Thank you!
University of California Berkeley Reviews FAQs
University of California Berkeley has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 4,093 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at University of California Berkeley to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
88% of University of California Berkeley employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated University of California Berkeley 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.