The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about University of Chicago? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with University of Chicago employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good Benefits and chances for growth" (in 228 reviews)
- "Great people and mission." (in 173 reviews)
- "I was able to establish my hours at the beginning of each semester and worked with great colleagues!" (in 82 reviews)
- "Beautiful and historic neighborhood and campus." (in 73 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and events with food" (in 56 reviews)
- "HR is very challenging and pay is low." (in 125 reviews)
- "Long work hours and low salaries" (in 65 reviews)
- "Management is poor and is struggling to cope with COVID" (in 65 reviews)
- "The culture is toxic and leadership couldn't care less about their staff." (in 36 reviews)
- "Snobby academics and senior leadership have a horrible attitude toward staff." (in 28 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of University of Chicago and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 2,956 of over 3K reviews
Updated Sep 23, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 17, 2023Undergraduate Teaching AssistantCurrent Employee
Being an undergraduate TA is very helpful for your own education as well, and it's very fun to be a mentor for those who are a few years younger than you, taking the same classes you did.
TAing is very professor dependent
- 5.0Aug 30, 2023Student Note TakerFormer EmployeeChicago, IL
UChicago made it very easy to get employed as a note taker, and the work is to take notes for a fellow student in one of your classes that can't take their own notes. You get paid for being in class, which is great. Although I would also make sure to take very good notes, since one of your classmates depends on them to succeed in the class!
Not anything I can think of.
University of Chicago Reviews FAQs
University of Chicago has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 3,217 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at University of Chicago to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
83% of University of Chicago employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated University of Chicago 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.