University of Phoenix Reviews

3.1
University of Phoenix President Peter Cohen
Peter Cohen
Pros
Cons
  • "School enrollment fluctuates and one does not always have enough students to sustain a course(in 148 reviews)

• "The upper management on the corporate level ran this University into the ground(in 63 reviews)

1. "Great"

5.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Our mission is amazing and you can tell our employees truly love to help our students. The University is very invested in the employee experience and listens then takes action on employee feedback.

Cons

I can tell that not every department has a great employee experience yet but I does appear that every department is trying to improve.

Continue reading
  2. "Good University - but..."

Current Employee - Online English Teacher

I have been working at University of Phoenix part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Training opportunities, communication, tech support, some latitude for teaching creativity.

Cons

Quiet when you do well - very quick to judge if rules (especially attendance/participation requirements are not met).

3. "All about profit."

Former Employee - Enrollment Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Vacation if you get to use it.

Cons

Could care less about employees or students. As long as they get their money thats all they care about. Increasing workload each month and toxic threatening work environment.

June 25, 2020Employer Brand Specialist

We are concerned to hear about the items listed in your "Cons" section. Please reach out to us at mycareer@phoenix.edu if you would be willing to provide additional details.

4. "Awful school structure and poor communication from headquarters"

Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty

I worked at University of Phoenix part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They let go of all the good people left.

Cons

They are unappreciative of their faculty and students. They are only driven by gaining profit.

June 25, 2020Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for leaving a review. We are committed to maintaining a positive experience for both our students and staff. If you would be willing to discuss further details to help us improve please reach out at: mycareer@phoenix.edu.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Scrum Master in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Intense activity moving the culture to SAFe and fostering a true team environment. Very family-first oriented. The CEO gets things done and is transparent in his communications.

Cons

Communication of small changes sometimes lacking causing frustration. Processes are still being developed so if you like an environment that is completely settled, then this might not be the place for you.

April 17, 2020Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! If you would like to expand upon the items you mentioned in the "cons" section please reach out to us at mycareer@phoenix.edu.

6. COVID-19

"Great place to work at, awesome enviroment."

5.0
    Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Fresno, CA

I have been working at University of Phoenix part-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of resources to train for your position. Flexible work hours and schedule. Fair Compensation. Accessible communication with upper management and free tuition if you attend University of Phoenix! My co-workers are really friendly and approachable always ready to teach me without feeling like I'm a burden. I love the work culture and support from upper management. I was given the option to work from home during the Covid-19 pandemic and they are giving me my entire work hours!

Cons

HR department is all the way in Phoenix, sometimes there's delay in communication with local manager and HR.

April 17, 2020Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and share advice! We will share your thoughts with leadership. If you have any other suggestions or thoughts please feel free to reach out to us at mycareer@phoenix.edu.

7. "Operations analyst"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst II in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bachelor's is fully paid by the company. You just have to pay for resources. Masters can also be fully paid if you space out ur classes as there are caps.

Cons

Health benefits aren't very good. Vacation is very limited caping @5weeks after 7years of service. No paid maternity leave and no future plans of changing despite the federal changes.

April 21, 2020Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! We appreciate the work you do to support our students. If you would like to share any further thoughts around the items mentioned in the "cons" section, please reach out to us at mycareer@phoenix.edu.

8. "Nice place to work. Recommended"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time

Pros

Great company with good benefits

Cons

Internal conflicts sometimes hamper growth

April 8, 2020Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! If you have any thoughts on how we can enhance your employee experience, please let us know @mycareer@phoenix.edu.

9. "Stay away"

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time

Pros

Coworkers, benefits, free courses, work from home

Cons

Management, pay, turnover, high pressure in sales

May 7, 2020Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. If you would like to discuss the items mentioned in your "Cons" section in more detail, please reach out at mycareer@phoenix.edu.

10. "Find a job somewhere else"

Former Employee - Student Finance Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Tuition assistance for one of their programs. My coworkers were amazing.

Cons

Manager is horrible and you are basically chained to your desk.

April 29, 2020Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. If you would be willing to discuss the items mentioned in your "Cons" section in more detail, please reach out to us at mycareer@phoenix.edu.

Found 1796 reviews