Found 4,440 of over 5K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are great if you're interested in pursuing a master's or if you have a family" (in 331 reviews)
- "People here are chill and great to get along with" (in 220 reviews)
- "You have flexible hours and work in a creative enviroment" (in 149 reviews)
- "The campus is beautiful and the university provides a lot of resources for full time employees." (in 98 reviews)
- "Staff is friendly and faculty extremely knowledgeable." (in 88 reviews)
- "The pay is low for a city with a high cost of living like Los Angeles." (in 215 reviews)
- "salaries are low and not competitive" (in 123 reviews)
- "Parking can be expensive and busy." (in 69 reviews)
- "Bad management by faculty PIs." (in 59 reviews)
- "A culture of protecting faculty and leadership that compromises ethics, a bureaucracy that inhibits productivity and poor leadership" (in 25 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of University of Southern California and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 13, 2023Student WorkerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
I loved working here! Very nice staff and they're very flexible with your schedule. It is an easy job and you can learn it fast. It also allows you connect with other students which is nice. I actually made a good friend there.
No cons really. Maybe if you are not STEM or film major you won't learn a lot from it but it's good if you're just trying to sustain yourself financially.University of Southern California Response3w
Thank you for your feedback and kind review. We are so glad to hear that your experience with us was positive. It is wonderful to hear that you feel supported by your peers and supervisors. Your review affirms the hard work that we put in to foster a culture that aligns with our values and standards at USC. Fight On!
- 5.0Nov 26, 2023Gameplay ProgrammerFormer Employee
You can do a big game project for a year, and that will be a valuable experience for you.
I can't think about cons.
- 5.0Nov 26, 2023Research AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
Flexibility with work hours, interesting research projects to work on
Low pay, which is understandable as it is an undergraduate RA-ship
- 5.0Nov 24, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearChicago, IL
Solid opportunity to get more pharmaceutical industry experience before transitioning into full time position.
Takes forever to get reimbursements for travel.
- 4.0Dec 4, 2023Admission CounselorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
Over-time adds up if you get to travel
They use hourly pay so they do not have to increase your pay when minimum wage increases
- 4.0Dec 5, 2023Research AssistantFormer EmployeeLos Angeles, CA
connections and building you up for industry-level jobs
As collaboration is key, colleagues with bad work habits can affect you adversely
University of Southern California Reviews FAQs
University of Southern California has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 4,852 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at University of Southern California to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
80% of University of Southern California employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated University of Southern California 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.