What people are saying about University of Southern California
Got a burning question about University of Southern California? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with University of Southern California employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are great if you're interested in pursuing a master's or if you have a family" (in 330 reviews)
- "People here are chill and great to get along with" (in 217 reviews)
- "Flexible Hours Hybrid Good for entry level" (in 154 reviews)
- "The campus is beautiful and the university provides a lot of resources for full time employees." (in 105 reviews)
- "Staff is friendly and faculty extremely knowledgeable." (in 81 reviews)
- "low pay and not always consistent" (in 208 reviews)
- "salaries are low and not competitive" (in 125 reviews)
- "Parking can be expensive and busy." (in 71 reviews)
- "Bad management by faculty PIs." (in 57 reviews)
- "Senior leadership has made some questionable decisions as evidenced by recent scandals" (in 23 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of University of Southern California and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 101 of over 5K reviews
Updated Sep 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jan 14, 2023Postdoctoral Research AssociateCurrent Employee
Great work life balance here
Nothing that I can think ofUniversity of Southern California Response8mo
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and your dedication to our team. Fight on!
- 4.0Nov 13, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Good Pay and Good Work overall
Work/Life balance is not sameUniversity of Southern California Response5y
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. A healthy work/life balance is a core value we encourage all to embrace. If you have specifics you would like to share, please reach out the Center for Work and Family Life as they would like to hear your concerns and provide you with tools to help you achieve greater work/life balance. You can find available wellness resources online at www.mindful.usc.edu.