University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics Reviews
76% would recommend to a friend
(827 total reviews)
Michael L. Good, MD
79% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Healthcare
a day ago
I found out a difficult patient I cared for died. This person told me a week after I met them they wished I die. No, I didn’t abuse this person. I tried everything within my job description and outside to help them. The patient was unhappy with the primary caregivers in their family and I the punching bag.
5 hours ago
I’ve been searching for a job now for a long long time. I have had numerous phone interviews. However, I’ve only had one in person interview. It seems that I will never be good enough nor will I find work where I am I’m stuck I feel like the world and itself is trying to kill me. I have the experience I have the knowledge. Volunteer work doesn’t feed my babies that’s not an option. I’m not eating so my babies can
15 hours ago
Hi all … I have a question maybe someone can give me some advice on how to go about it.. I work as a caregiver I know caregiving is the low of the low ppl can do the pay is cheap and it’s a lot of work so this company I’m working for is a private company and they charge ppl an outrageous amount of money to rent a room here but also I know that management and HR are pocketing most of the money for them selfs I want to know to whom or how do I go about this?
Got a burning question about University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits like health insurance and pet insurance" (in 168 reviews)
- "The people here are great to spend time with and reliable (depending on the unit)." (in 37 reviews)
- "Great coworkers who are willing to help out Good benefits" (in 33 reviews)
- "newly built and most of the staff is great to work with." (in 27 reviews)
- "health insurance is good" (in 20 reviews)
- "Parking is expensive and not always close to your workplace" (in 52 reviews)
- "Pay is low for degrees and experience required." (in 46 reviews)
- "Bad Management, Bad Schedules, Poor Comminication" (in 36 reviews)
- "Allows bad managers to ruin units." (in 16 reviews)
- "The people that work here and make up this wonderful healthcare institution deserve a higher salary." (in 14 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics and is not affected by filters.
Found 827 of over 842 reviews
Updated Nov 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Nov 13, 2023Registered NurseCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsSalt Lake City, UT
Good healthcare benefits- Great workforce team
Redundant administration- double the education double the mtgs like the government- so many fingers hard to make change
- 5.0Nov 4, 2023Administrative AssistantCurrent EmployeeSalt Lake City, UT
Surrounded by positive and supportive people.
Due to college environment the people are super liberal.
- 4.0Aug 23, 2023Psychiatric TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSalt Lake City, UT
I love everyone I work with, staff are so friendly! I care deeply for the patients and frequently feel recognized for the work that I do. The environment feels inclusive and like my safety is a priority.
Pay could certainly be more competitive, especially being denied a raise at 6 months and being told only one raise will be given annually. Administration has also created positions that are beneath others in pay grade but have employees do the same tasks (so less money, for the same responsibility).
- 4.0Oct 23, 2023Registered Nurse, BSNCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsSalt Lake City, UT
Excellent health insurance with minimal cost to employee. Opportunities for advancement and increases in pay. Student loan payment perk!
Facilities not well maintained. Things are always dirty and broken or outdated. Supplies run low frequently. Always short-staffed with experienced nurses leaving in droves, leaving an acute care unit will mostly new nurses. Unsafe staffing ratios.
- 3.0Nov 21, 2023IT Service Desk AnalystCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSalt Lake City, UT
Tons of growth in the IT field available.
Call center environment, not a lot of time for training, have been told to not focus on school by leadership.
- 3.0Nov 20, 2023Certified Clinical Medical Assistant 2Current Employee, more than 3 yearsSouth Jordan, UT
Good co-workers to spent your hours with.
Experience means nothing. "Market based pay" meaning a certified medical assistant with 10 years of expertise and an assistant with 0 are paid the same
- 4.0Nov 2, 2023BaristaCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSalt Lake City, UT
good health insurance, not open on holidays and weekends
not very flexible hours, must get 20 hours per week
- 4.0Oct 23, 2023Nuclear Medicine TechnologistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSalt Lake City, UT
Great health insurance Generous retirement package Trauma 1 hospital (great for gaining experience) Job security
Pay to park at work Terrible commuting to the main hospital Short-staffed, don’t pay employees enough Not enough PTO
- 5.0Oct 23, 2023Registered Nurse, BSNFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSalt Lake City, UT
Great work environement, supportive team memebers, positive work ethics, community leaders on healthcare, continuing learning opportunities and unbeatable benefits.
Not the most competitive pay because a lot of people want to work for this company.
University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics Reviews FAQs
University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 842 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
76% of University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.