University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
David Entwistle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • pay for parking, limited lounge/locker room space (in 5 reviews)

• Even with the pass parking is far away and hard to find (in 3 reviews)

1. "Amazing company!"

I have been working at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very accommodating to student schedules!

Cons

Nothing, they are really great!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring more people!

2. "Clinical Staff Educator"

I have been working at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics full-time

Pros

The size of the organization creates endless job possibilities

Cons

Not as flexible as one would think an academic institution would be in when it comes to employees pursing advanced degrees

3. "Buyer"

Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Magna, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Magna, UT

I have been working at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place with great benefits great people good atmosphere fun people. Football games. Trax access. All around great place to be.

Cons

Downtown in traffic you deal with daily. Can’t be a cougar fan. Monthly late night meetings. Great place to work

Advice to Management

Enjoy it

4. "HCA"

I have been working at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to get started

Cons

So big hard to find place

5. "Licensed Clinical Social Worker"

I worked at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics full-time

Pros

They take care of their employees via benefits and other ways. It is largely dependent upon your managers.

Cons

Large organization so therefore slow moving pieces, policies, and other changes.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, use performance and feedback as a way to promote growth not penalize problems.

6. "Registered Nurse in the Medical ICU"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Medical ICU has superior management and coworkers. The manager and his team do near everything to ensure that each nurse is successful and happy in their role. I have never worked in an environment that has so much of a teamwork atmosphere. Each employee, from the nurses and doctors to the ABG/EKG techs and HCAs, believes that each and every patient is their own. Shifts are easily switched, and the schedule is out 8-10 weeks ahead of time. It does not take long to accrue PTO, and benefits include Health, Dental, disability, and more. There is a lot of opportunity to improve skills in this unit, to learn about critical care, and to advance your career vertically. I loved everything about working for this unit and organization.

Cons

50/50 days/night requirement can be a bit painful. Sometimes the complexity of critical, medical patients with many different diagnoses can be intimidating. But, it is an ICU--it is to be expected.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing--valuing the employees both on-the-job and in life outside the hospital is your biggest strength.

7. "A lot of different areas to work in"

Current Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There’s a lot of growth opportunities here. I’m not clinical, I work on the business side of things. There are so many departments and different jobs that you can work your way into and still make an impact in health care. Usually if you speak to your supervisor or manager they’re all willing to help you achieve your goals.

Cons

It’s really hard to pinpoint any specific cons. As I said, there are so many departments. I’ve been here for 5 years and worked in 3 departments. I will say the first department I worked in there was a lot of favoritism and it seemed like lack of training.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

8. "Medical Assistant"

I worked at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics full-time

Pros

Best benefits, employee discounts and pay

Cons

Don’t really appreciate or recognize their Medical assistants in the hard work they do, but throw more and more at you, but not even a simple “ thank you “

9. "Ok, lots of things that could be fixed"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant

I worked at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits! Lot's of opportunities

Cons

Regularly saw the laziest employees get promoted which made for bad morale. Training, at least in the clinics I worked wasn't great, and felt like I didn't know stuff that I should

Advice to Management

Don't just promote the person who forces your hand promote people who deserve it

10. "Outpatient Services Specialist"

Current Employee - Outpatient Service Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Outpatient Service Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Time at the desk can be great. Fun getting to know patients. Love being close to doctors and medical assistants

Cons

Short staffed. There are horrid quality assessments for phone calls that lack consistency. Management doesn’t communicate well. Managers seem to disappear.

Advice to Management

Communicate better with other leadership better. Don’t make employees beg for more help.