University of Virginia Health System Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2020

3.8
University of Virginia Health System Executive Vice President - UVA Health Dr. Craig Kent (no image)
Dr. Craig Kent
0 Rating
Pros
  • "This employer has great benefits, that's a big reason for me to work here(in 11 reviews)

• "good benefits, part of the UVA health system(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low Pay: I am actually in the poverty line(in 7 reviews)

• "Instead of taking responsibility for it, they've blamed it on everything from the tool to being an academic medical center(in 6 reviews)

1. "Great place to be"

Current Employee - Ambulatory Administrative Coordinator in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at University of Virginia Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the dream our UVA president has for this massive institution. I want to see everyone succeed and it's clear that the people hired on the inside want to see the same thing. :)

Cons

The pay is very specified and mediocre. But it has gotten better since Jim Ryan announced UVA's new minimum wage of $15/hr.

Continue reading
  2. "Great hospital for community health care and research in a lovely charming town."

Former Employee - Research Laboratory Specialist Intermediate in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at University of Virginia Health System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Access to top of the line equipment, great integration of clinical care and research

Cons

Good old boys club, administration does not advocate for employees.

3. "Neuro ICU"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at University of Virginia Health System full-time

Pros

Critical staffing bonuses for ICU

Cons

No differential for critical care, only night and weekend differential

4. "Great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Pros

Everyone is empathetic and cooperative Supervisors are very easy to work with

Cons

Due to the company being so small and people often work off-site, you are often the only person in the office

5. "Decent Experience"

Former Employee - Patient Care Assistant (Float Pool)

I worked at University of Virginia Health System part-time for more than a year

Pros

The job was flexible. The people in the managements were generally nice and supportive.

Cons

Some assignments to units we were sent to were questionable. There were times when I rotated 3 different units in a 12 hour shift.

6. "Very Nice and conversational"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at University of Virginia Health System full-time

Pros

Very nice and conversational. Got to shadow afterwards and the staff were honest when answering my questions.

Cons

I wanted more time to ask my questions for the manager.

7. "Great People"

I have been working at University of Virginia Health System part-time

Pros

friendly people and a great atmosphere to work in

Cons

no cons, i had no issue at all working here

8. "Religious discrimination and non-apologetic liberalism"

2.0
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at University of Virginia Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

8 weeks of paid maternity leave + the use of short term disability if you quality. Slow paced work environment, but every department is different. Health benefits are good and don't cost you a lot out of pocket.

Cons

Blatant pushing of liberal ideas at every corner, from watch parties of the impeachment hearings to management saying all conservatives are unintelligent. You are required to have MMR, tDAP and the flu shot and they refuse to give religious exemptions as the state legally requires. You will be fired if you do not comply. Pay is low and HR will low ball you - Always counter their first offer.

"Decent place to work"

Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at University of Virginia Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked in the medical ICU for many years. Management there was wonderful.

Cons

Problem with the upper levels of management within the hospital system is that they know nothing about patient care. They seem to not be as caring towards staff either.

Continue reading
  10. "Love my job"

Current Employee - Emergency Medical Scribe

I have been working at University of Virginia Health System part-time for more than a year

Pros

Allows undergraduate experience for pre-med students

Cons

Long non-traditional hours that extend late into the night

Found 138 reviews