Found 5,370 of over 6K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and usually always a green light to do the best and be the best." (in 519 reviews)
- "Great people work there and the University education mission is important." (in 266 reviews)
- "The campus is beautiful and busing into work is a cinch from most any part of the city." (in 165 reviews)
- "Hours are flexible and you are still in a college atmosphere (pro or con)." (in 162 reviews)
- "Not too time consuming and good work/life balance" (in 115 reviews)
- "Low pay and you get to work with (some individuals) who practically can't be fired (union)." (in 315 reviews)
- "salary for research scientists/engineers is low compared to industry but this is standard across all universities" (in 212 reviews)
- "year due to the stress of the job and poor management" (in 96 reviews)
- "Funding for teaching assistants and benefits is at risk as management seeks to cut costs; grad student experience varies based on department/program; parking is expensive" (in 66 reviews)
- "Managers always say we need to 'run like a business' but most of the managers have zero experience in the private sector" (in 36 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of University of Washington and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Dec 4, 2023Graduate Research AssistantFormer EmployeeSeattle, WA
supportive student union, good medical benefit
less desired work/life balance, work on weekends
- 5.0Dec 4, 2023Teaching AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSeattle, WA
Worked here for six months, students are very focused on learning and take their assignments seriously, coworkers are very kind.
The downside is the hourly rate.
- 5.0Nov 27, 2023Associate DirectorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSeattle, WA
Great healthcare Finding genuine colleagues who love their jobs Passionate, collegial work culture Wonderful resources for professional development and community building Solid pathways for continued learning/secondary education
Commute very challenging and parking pricey at main campus Safety on main campus and U district highly questionable after working hours; remain vigilant of surroundings in U district at any hour Lacking diversity in senior cabinet and academic leadership; better representation on campus for administrators/ entry and some mid-level staff but not most mid-level staff staff and not across lead faculty
University of Washington Reviews FAQs
University of Washington has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 5,845 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at University of Washington to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
79% of University of Washington employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated University of Washington 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.